• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Gek54

Top Gear's magic carpet analysis must have really hit hard.

I wonder if their opinion regardng active steering aids has suddenly changed.

shinnn

- Lexus LFA
- Koenigsegg CCX
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Lancia 037 Stradale
- Jaguar D-Type
- Plymouth Cuda
- Porsche 550A Spyder

Well, it's a good list. I'm hoping for a DLC pack.

But.. the Cosworth's.. where's the Cosworth Turn 10!

And the Top Gear deal is unexpected. I throught that PD had made a deal with them. I mean, exclusivity.

ExtraKr1spy said:
The R15 TDI is the revised one that raced Le Mans earlier this year(ugly ass double pointed nose and horrendous paint job)?

Based on BADNED's remarks on the FM.net descriptions on being entirely correct, I'm assuming that's the case. So the R15 is really the R15 Plus, the R8 5.2 is really the 5.2 Spider or (hopefully) the R8 GT, and so on.

thundr51

DasRaven said:
FM.net links and pics:

Stig's Garage
9_28_Stigs_garage_3car.jpg

LFA is MINE! Been waiting for it to make an appearance for a while. Can't wait.

If its the R15+ I hope the car is easier to setup than the regular R15. Awesome car but behaves so differently on each track even on ones with similar setups/characteristics. Awesome to drive when you have the right setup but the range from great setup to average(still drivable but the car just never feels right and you don't feel like your getting the maximum out of the car) seems very small.

O: didn't see the LFA. GTR vs LFA at Fujimi for Japanese super car bragging rights.

G Rom

I've seen the boxart of the Ultimate Edition with all the logos and quotes, I still prefer my version that I made some months ago !:lol :lol
fm3_definitver_version.jpg

I don't get the hate for the Forza 3 boxart though. I know I love my french LCE Edition with the 908 !:D

Gowans

I want that DLC.

Shame there is no test track.

It's interesting and a cleaver move to have the new boxes out in the UK and on shelves with Top Gear branding right as GT5 launches.

G Rom said:
I've seen the boxart of the Ultimate Edition with all the logos and quotes, I still prefer my version that I made some months ago !:lol :lol
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WgbY9NCbqQk/S9WV5_NycqI/AAAAAAAAAN8/hUsgGYjFoNQ/s800/fm3_definitver_version.jpg[IMG]

I don't get the hate for the Forza 3 boxart though. I know I love my french LCE Edition with the 908 !:D[/QUOTE]
UK LE just has the audi on the front and with a bit more black, it's very bland even if it's trying to be stylized. I honestly prefer the cool forza 2 orange/white/black theme.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/5urakj.jpg

It's so nice, look at it! the F3 one was made from some card and foam found in a spare room at the office, chuck in a pointless usb pen and call it a day!

In fact I might have to boot up F2 again after all this time, I have a new bigger HDD so I can redownload the DLC I own for it and give the game a spin again.

G Rom

Don't fire it again ! You'll be blinded by all the bloom !:lol
More seriously, I thought about doing it too, mainly to try the gameplay again and see the tracks that are in FM3.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wt, the 037 was supposed to be in the japolink car pack, and now its exclusive to this new, full package? oh fuck you turn 10

G Rom said:
Don't fire it again ! You'll be blinded by all the bloom !:lol
More seriously, I thought about doing it too, mainly to try the gameplay again and see the tracks that are in FM3.
TOO LATE! downloading the old dlc and installing as we speak! heh.

Forza 1 is still my favourite just because of blue mountain and alpine raceway <3

So basically, for those of us current fans who have not bought any DLC in wait for a combined package containing all current DLC, we have to buy the game all over again? No sale.

If there is no way for current FM3 owners who are DLC-less to get our hands on all the DLC in one affordable shot without repurchasing the game, then FM3 will not see its way into my 360 ever again.

Cuban Legend said:
So basically, for those of us current fans who have not bought any DLC in wait for a combined package containing all current DLC, we have to buy the game all over again? No sale.

If there is no way for current FM3 owners who are DLC-less to get our hands on all the DLC in one affordable shot without repurchasing the game, then FM3 will not see its way into my 360 ever again.
But if it's at classic price you are paying about the same as you would for DLC, in fact cheaper, to buy the UC. I personally prefer that even if I end up with 2 copies, I saved money and get the shiny stig sticker on the box.

Know what you could do with that 2nd copy? multi-screen :D if you have another 360 that is. I could pinch the old 360 I gave to my little bro to play with some multi-screen, mmmmmmm.

If it's affordable, then re-buying wont be an issue. But it has to be affordable with regards to the current DLC prices being packaged together. Seeing as its branded and packaged as a new game with DLC on top, it wont be affordable according to that standard.

What then worries me is if I do go and buy this game, will it function as a new game in my 360 with regards to the FM3 save file on my console?

Magni

What the fuck? How does it make any sense to not have those cars as XBL DLC? I already bought your game T10, LE Day 1 a year ago. If I can buy this for 10€, I'll bite. Otherwise no way, fuck this shit.

BADNED

Cuban Legend said:

Do the math, getting all DLC for 40 bucks, or the UC for 30 with all DLC + 10 new cars + some more new goodies?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BADNED said:
Do the math, getting all DLC for 40 bucks, or the UC for 30 with all DLC + 10 new cars + some more new goodies?

what about for someone like me... someone that couldnt give a shit for the vast majority of f3 dlc (all in fact, aside from the nurb gt track), with the one exception, the fabled japolink pack, featuring my favorite lancia 037.

now turn 10 is asking me to pay $30 (is this even the confirmed price?) for it? grrr. fuck dlc, fuck ultimate editions, fuck t10.

BADNED said:
Show me where you go that price you mentioned.

At that price T10 is selling the DLC for 75% off, the entire game, and the new cars for free. Sounds highly implausible to me.

paskowitz

So I guess that collectors edition was pretty worthless. They should at least give people who purchased that access to the Ultimate Edition. The pot shots at GT5 are pretty funny: "fully modeled cockpits, etc". Also where is the test track... that is the whole point of Top Gear?

ShapeGSX

Cuban Legend said:
So basically, for those of us current fans who have not bought any DLC in wait for a combined package containing all current DLC

Why would you have expected that to happen in the first place? There is absolutely no precedent for that.

They do have sales on DLC, though.

In fact, they just had a sale on a ton of FM3 DLC a few weeks ago.

paskowitz said:
So I guess that collectors edition was pretty worthless. They should at least give people who purchased that access to the Ultimate Edition. The pot shots at GT5 are pretty funny: "fully modeled cockpits, etc". Also where is the test track... that is the whole point of Top Gear?
Back when the rumour mill was churning out forza 3 into one of the vip perks was going to be cheaper dlc, a shame that never appeared because I would have bought car packs for cheap, but I did not. didn't help that they came with no challenges or anything, they were just cars to fill up a virtual garage.

I would have never bought the LE if it wasn't regualr price at blockbuster, regular edition would have treated me fine.

Forza 4 needs to really shine after Forza 3, don't get me wrong F3 is a great game but it lacks a lot of stuff, it was more like a forza 2.5 with new car lighting.

ShapeGSX said:
Why would you have expected that to happen in the first place? There is absolutely no precedent for that.

No precedent with FM3 having sold millions of copies and so the game is already in the hands of 90% of the people who would ever ultimately own the game?

they did have a sale on about half of the DLC, right around the time that they were stopping production of monthly DLC hinting at a sort of DLC collection ("UC" as we now know it) to come in the future as for FM3 in just a matter of time. Why buy only 50% of the DLC at a discount then when I can wait a while and possibly get it all at a discount?

G Rom

ShapeGSX said:

Actually, there is a ton of precedent : Forza 2, MC:LA, GRID, Lost Planet, GRAW, to name a few. Each got a platinum release featuring all the DLC released. It was only a matter of time for it to happen to Forza 3. The "new" thing is that there are some exclusive perks in that edition.

The worst possible case is if you have all the DLC, which is my case. This Ultimate Collection is absolutely worthless to me except for 10 cars, a 90 min video and a theme...

Oh my god microsoft what have you done!

Some of the xbl dlc was price dropped earlier this year, forza 2 car and track packs were also dropped down to 50-80msp each, but guess what.

They removed the free car packs.

Without them I can't boot up my save! lol! microsoft you fuckers.

I am not buying two car packs I lack just to play my old save, because I had the free car trial packs in the past I need them to play my forza 2 save...

fuck you microsoft.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Diablohead said:

Some of the xbl dlc was price dropped earlier this year, forza 2 car and track packs were also dropped down to 50-80msp each, but guess what.

I am not buying two car packs I lack just to play my old save, because I had the free car trial packs in the past I need them to play my forza 2 save...

fuck you microsoft.
Look in your download history?

cjelly said:
Look in your download history?
Going over it right now, the dlc I own for F2 is both on my old and new gamertag as it was when I had to make a new one, I have it all it seems but it just won't boot up my save...

I wish there was a "download all dlc owned for this game" button :/

I know it works because I was playing this only last year on my old 360 with the dlc.

*edit* no good, all dlc downloaded from both profiles and it still says I am missing something, fuck you microsoft, I am not erasing my f2 save for the 3rd fucking time.

G Rom

Diablohead said:

fuck you microsoft.

:lol

Well I'll tell my tale after a quick FM2 followed by FM3 then.
I did Suzuka and Maple Valley in a Ford GT as those were the tracks in controversy :
-Although FM2 has more aliasing on the car, I find FM3 to have more aliasing and much more flickering on the tracks
-Trees and backgrounds are really much uglier in FM3
-Sound is better in FM3
-A lot less oversteer in FM3 (probably due to the active steering)
-Better models obviously in FM3
-Better vanilla colors in FM2 but better tweaked colors in FM3
-I find the FM3 photo mode limiting but the FM2 one really was a joke !:lol

Also, I don't know how this website managed to take two identical shots from FM2 and FM3. Maple Valley and Suzuka both look very different from on game to another on my TV...

G Rom said:
:lol

Well I'll tell my tale after a quick FM2 followed by FM3 then.
I did Suzuka and Maple Valley in a Ford GT as those were the tracks in controversy :
-Although FM2 has more aliasing on the car, I find FM3 to have more aliasing and much more flickering on the tracks
-Trees and backgrounds are really much uglier in FM3
-Sound is better in FM3
-A lot less oversteer in FM3 (probably due to the active steering)
-Better models obviously in FM3
-Better vanilla colors in FM2 but better tweaked colors in FM3
-I find the FM3 photo mode limiting but the FM2 one really was a joke !:lol

Also, I don't know how this website managed to take two identical shots from FM2 and FM3. Maple Valley and Suzuka both look very different from on game to another on my TV...
Just as I expected, the best trees were in forza 1 somehow they managed to make them jaggy free with some awesome soft bloom, it was lacking from forza 2 and 3.

ShapeGSX

G Rom said:
Actually, there is a ton of precedent : Forza 2, MC:LA, GRID, Lost Planet, GRAW, to name a few. Each got a platinum release featuring all the DLC released. It was only a matter of time for it to happen to Forza 3. The "new" thing is that there are some exclusive perks in that edition.

Read what I was replying to. He was a "current fan who has not bought any DLC in wait for a combined package containing all current DLC."

There is no precedent for all the DLC being packed up and being sold for cheaper, without the full game also in the box.

Obviously there have been editions of games with all the DLC packed in. That is what anyone should have expected.

G Rom

Need moar stickies. I think they've beaten the Playstation 3 covers with the PSN and Move stickers !
I can't wait to see the German one with the USK rating !:lol :lol

I really want to play with those three cars but I'm not buying a new version for this. If the DLC isn't released separately in october, well too bad. I'll be able to play at least with the SLS after november 3rd...

Edit :
ShapeGSX said:
Read what I was replying to. He was a "current fan who has not bought any DLC in wait for a combined package containing all current DLC."

There is no precedent for all the DLC being packed up and being sold for cheaper, without the full game also in the box.

Obviously there have been editions of games with all the DLC packed in. That is what anyone should have expected.

Ah, sorry to have misunderstood you !:D

BADNED said:
A better look at the box cover:
http://i55.tinypic.com/jaw7zc.jpg[IMG]

High-res look at Stig's garage:
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2zdsob8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
It needs more logos and quotes.

[QUOTE=G Rom]Need moar stickies. I think they've beaten the Playstation 3 covers with the PSN and Move stickers !
I can't wait to see the German one with the USK rating !:lol :lol[/QUOTE]
This might beat the german Metal Gear Solid 4 Platinum Hits cover.

A new platinum hits box, again?! this time it's just some green writing? I can live with that but microsoft only just started using the new green boarder themed box just 4 months ago now...

UC box is indeed ugly, they should have made the audi face us this time or something, come on it doesn't cost 5 minutes to do another render at a new, fresh angle.

G Rom

Yeah, the number of time MS has changed the design of the platinum and MS Points boxes is insane. All that wasted money... :-/
I have 3 MS Points boxes, each different and a new one is in stores, it's just ridiculous !:lol

A quick photo I just took on Road America (the level of HDR on this track in cockpit view is insane, the lighting guy was wearing sunglasses while doing it for sure ! :lol ) :
5039632408_5c26796e19_z.jpg

skyfinch

You would think that the stig would have one of the greatest cars of all time (mclaren f1) in his garage. Maybe he parks it on the road, and not in his garage.

DasRaven said:
BADNED, will the TopGear download token work properly on existing FM3 game installs/gamesaves/achievements?

I don't mind paying for the full release, but I'd rather not start career over (again) just to add the UC exclusives.
Why would the UC start a new save? it's just F3 with all the dlc and one bonus dlc, no?

Chrange

Banned
DasRaven said:
BADNED, will the TopGear download token work properly on existing FM3 game installs/gamesaves/achievements?

I don't mind paying for the full release, but I'd rather not start career over (again) just to add the UC exclusives.
Of course it will. It's not a new game for crying out loud.

skyfinch

G Rom said:
Yeah, the number of time MS has changed the design of the platinum and MS Points boxes is insane. All that wasted money... :-/
I have 3 MS Points boxes, each different and a new one is in stores, it's just ridiculous !:lol

A quick photo I just took on Road America (the level of HDR on this track in cockpit view is insane, the lighting guy was wearing sunglasses while doing it for sure ! :lol ) :
5039632408_5c26796e19_z.jpg

Yep. The road surface is practically white and glowing.

BADNED

DasRaven said:

Sure no problem there! Like with every DLC.

Pepto said:
You should try the game for yourself.

I have, in fact, I love the game a lot. My friend and I play it against each other weekly. Just the other day we did a Dodge Ram challenge 1 on 1. It's a great game, it's just slightly "floaty." There is no denying this :?

Top Bottom