• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX News Co-President Bill Shine has been dismissed

giphy.gif

jelly

Old boys club being dismantled.

So, does Fox change on the news front, more honest, less conservative of the nut variety?

Did that other shitbag come back from vacation today or is he gone for good? Sorry, I don't remember his name...just that he's a shitbag.

mike6467

Look for them to hire a female replacement.

They want to make a pr move here.

Does this mean their base actually cares about all this? Otherwise, given their audience, I would assume that hiring a female to replace him would tarnish their image. Seeing as they'd be pandering to the snowflake SJWs and all.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This reminds me of Season 5 of Breaking Bad. At the end of Season 4, Walt had eliminated his biggest rival and yet in Season 5 when he should've been thriving and ruling the world, everything crumbles around him. He was like 'I won Skylar!' and then he lost everything the next season.

Fox News might have won the election but they sure cant enjoy that victory lol

There's not much to speculate about. Hannity outright said high ranking people at FNC were out to get Shine. He also said that FNC would basically cease to exist if Shine were ousted.
Why and why is Fox News unraveling now? Only stuff I know about Fox is the surface "racist/manipulative right wing news channel"

cackhyena

Hannity's last twitter post was a link to facebook with a poll about what's the next step. The winner among the options was to start over at a new network.

Makonero

holy shit

fox news is going down just when all the fruits of their labors (house, senate, white house, possibly supreme court) are in their grasp

i honestly am so gleeful right now!

riotous

Banned
Does this mean their base actually cares about all this? Otherwise, given their audience, I would assume that hiring a female to replace him would tarnish their image. Seeing as they'd be pandering to the snowflake SJWs and all.

This might be related to the parent company trying to buy Sky News in the UK:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/11/media/bill-oreilly-sky-murdoch-ofcom/

That purchase is more important to the 21st Century Fox / Rupert Murdoch media empire than Fox News. Appeasing UK Regulators who need to approve a multi billion dollar purchase >>> appeasing Fox News viewers.

Shoeless

I'm a bit puzzled by this turn of events. I'm pleased that it's happening, but I'm not sure why it's happening "under Trump's watch," when you'd think that this would be the time when O'Reilly, Hannity and all the rest would actually enjoy a blanket of protection from the White House as a pseudo "state media outlet."

Since I don't follow what happens in the media industry, why is Fox acting like a Democrat actually got into power anyway, and a purge is happening of their right wing structure?

Top Bottom