• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frame Trap |OT| Hosted by iPLAYWINNER, Tuesdays at 7PM PT

Crocodile

The event you guys have planned for next week sounds pretty awesome. Kudos on you guys for setting that up. Overall a good show, like the others I've been able to catch, though I have a few caveats.

Mr Jared said:
Hey guys thanks so much for tuning in. I promise to never do that impression ever again.

Lotta blow-ups this week, which was odd, but it's all good. I feel like maybe we shouldn't discuss anime fighters anymore? It's tricky.

Why avoid any discussion? What's tricky about it? Unless you guys intend to become some sort of all Capcom show (please don't), all fighting games should be discussed and welcomed with an open mind/heart. When you guys know what you're talking about, you guys are "on" and it's obvious. When you don't know what you're talking about, it's also pretty obvious. That leads into my major criticism: you guys need to DO MORE RESEARCH.

Also, if you are going to criticize a game, actually state and present the logical, well-reasoned arguments I'm sure you have. "LOL LOL LOL I guess itz a game LOL LOL LOL" is trolling and not conducive to any sort of dialogue.

Fraeon

Any plans for having an MP3 release of the show? I could always convert the Youtube videos to get those but it seems like a huge oversight.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Thanks so much for tuning into the show today. Im really glad you guys like the direction we are going.

While we try to cover every fighting game under the sun, as you guys see its hard to know all the ins and outs of each one. For instance, I dont know much about Soul Calibur but I feel like we owe it to the fans to get it out there and get it some exposure.

I agree 110% that we should do more research, and while its no excuse, I literally work 12 hrs a day on IPW related stuff so sometimes I dont get to dig into details about certain games as much as I'd like. That said, we're looking at some ways to help be more informed and concise about all the games, not just the popular ones.

Also, in regards to BlazBlue Extend, I am confused where we were in the wrong there. I dont remember saying anything out of the ordinary about the game but if you guys could clue me in I can make some notes on the replay and stuff.

Fraeon said:
Any plans for having an MP3 release of the show? I could always convert the Youtube videos to get those but it seems like a huge oversight.

We've gotten this request a lot I just have to think about the best way to distribute it.

Mr Jared

Crocodile said:
Why avoid any discussion? What's tricky about it? Unless you guys intend to become some sort of all Capcom show (please don't), all fighting games should be discussed and welcomed with an open mind/heart. When you guys know what you're talking about, you guys are "on" and it's obvious. When you don't know what you're talking about, it's also pretty obvious. That leads into my major criticism: you guys need to DO MORE RESEARCH.

Also, if you are going to criticize a game, actually state and present the logical, well-reasoned arguments I'm sure you have. "LOL LOL LOL I guess itz a game LOL LOL LOL" is trolling and not conducive to any sort of dialogue.

Thanks Crocodile, I absolutely agree with all of this. We want it to be an open platform for all fighting games, which is why tonight we showed off Super Avatar Fighter on the Indie Games Marketplace because, even if it isn't the most impressive thing in the world, it's cool to know that there's some dude out there in a garage banging out a brand-new fighting game just because they wanted to.

We've touched on this in the past with Skullgirls and it's an extremely polarizing game. It keeps coming up and tonight I just didn't want to dive in because I already knew we were running late. My bad.

We're making changes so that, in the future, we have more info to go off on. It's not that we don't already have most of the info on hand, it's just difficult to juggle it all on air. It's not like a podcast where you can totally just cheat. But like I said, change is coming.

haunts said:
Also, in regards to BlazBlue Extend, I am confused where we were in the wrong there. I dont remember saying anything out of the ordinary about the game but if you guys could clue me in I can make some notes on the replay and stuff.
BBCSEX isn't DLC, it's a retail update.

Mr Jared

Just a reminder that not only is Frame Trap tonight, but it's also our Ultimate NorCal vs Capcom Special! Seth Killian will be on-hand showing off Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, answering questions amongst with other goodies. Some of NorCal's best MvC3 players will be in the house including FilipinoChamp, Dacidbro, HonzoGonzo, Crizzle and more.

Tonight, 7PM Pacific, as usual. BE THERE~

Crocodile

So is next week "Ultimate Norcal vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes"?

Also good on you guys for taking Capcom to task on the Poison issue and handling the issue with the respect it deserves. Everything you said was right on point.

mollipen

Yup - really glad to see them deal with the topic with class. Of course, knowing Jared for as long as I have (in an online way), I expected he'd take the high road with the conversation.

Crocodile

"Six things about online UMvC3 that either should have already been in the game or you don't care about"- Pretty Much

"And now we will do Atlus' job on selling KOFXIII to you"- Pretty Much

Atlus should be paying you guys. I've been aware of the KOF series in general but you guys are the only reason KOFXIII is even on my radar.

Nice X-Men theme remix in Dromstruction trailer. Need a Youtube link of that.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
One thing that is worth noting about online play in these games is that 1v1 online console games are really kind of crippled in what they can do for their interface/matchmaking by Live/PSN. Either Sven or Seth gave a pretty good rundown on how that worked and it confirmed a lot of my suspicions, as I don't think I've had a pleasent experience online in any online 1v1 game this entire generation, Capcom or not, fighter or not.

Mr Jared

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. Bottom line is I don't mind if people disagree with my admittedly extremely progressive views on gender poolitics and whatnot, just that people treat one another with respect and not judge one another when it comes to race, sex or gender. The FGC has a ways to go with this but I'm also pretty fearless about this stuff soooo.. :D

USD

I reeeeeeeeeeeally can't get into this gem idea, especially with exclusivity thing going on. I was liking Street Fighter X Tekken when it was a bit more normal, I guess we'll see how it turns out.

USD

_dementia said:
Phantom Dust had DLC?
Yes free, added in some extra skills. The way you unlocked was weird though, you'd get a new skill every 20 matches, and I remember right, it was completely random.

Mr Jared

Thanks for tuning in everybody. Hopefully we got a lot of different angles and points across in the commentary section.

We should probably just feature Phantom Dust at some point. I keep coming up with excuses to bring it up :)

Top Bottom