• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE copy of Marvin's Mittens for all GAF members! Believe...in magic!

How kid friendly is it?

It's VERY kid friendly. We still think it's good to have an adult around in case there are one or two things they don't understand, but the basics of the game are accessible to anybody. The themes are also universal, so certain parts will appeal to kids, while others are specifically designed to be a nod to the adults in the crowd who may remember what this felt like :)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
But I must say the game looks interesting. This isn't actually the first time I heard of it, but I will say that it did pass my mind.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Hope it turns out as well in game-form. Amazing idea for a game though, I love trying stuff that is focused on more of an experience per say then just being a game. Can't wait to try it!

Thanks!

kennah

It's VERY kid friendly. We still think it's good to have an adult around in case there are one or two things they don't understand, but the basics of the game are accessible to anybody. The themes are also universal, so certain parts will appeal to kids, while others are specifically designed to be a nod to the adults in the crowd who may remember what this felt like :)
Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Will play with my toddler at the helm :)

micah

When ahead and voted. This is going to my nephew for Xmas. I'll buy on Steam for the neice. Thanks for this!

xist

We sorely need more of these sorts of games...thus far Soul Bubbles, whilst probably totally dissimilar, has been about the only game in which i felt waves of relaxation envelop me as i played. I'm really looking forward to experiencing a little bit of fun with no proviso's with this one...

ibu

Congrats on your effort. Really look forward to trying out your efforts, good luck with the rest of the project.

Is there sledding, though?

sledding.jpg

:D

Also, thanks everybody for waiting on the keys! I'm just waiting to co-ord with the cheesemeister on getting these presents out to all the good kids.

Does it work with a game pad

Yes it does! :)

Just an off-hand note on controller development - when designing the game for game pad and keyboard, we actually thought about it a lot in terms of UI and such. It's a tough thing to nail right, especially with such a "minimal" game as ours. So what we do is check to see if you're using a controller at the beginning and if you are we give you all controller-based helpers instead of keyboard ones :)

edit: we were testing with Xbox controllers.

Top Bottom