• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free PC Games (not pirated!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 8095
  • Start date
Rad- said:
Wait does my eyes deceive me or has Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe not been mentioned yet?!

Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe! Toot toot.

Link: http://www.openttd.org/en/

Wait, what? You did NOT just link me a free open source version of one of my favorite games of all time and it even does high res? You've just consumed every free hour of my week. At least. Thanks a lot.

:D

... quick, someone tell these guys to make Open Master of Magic :lol

OpenTTD stole about 6 months away of my life when I should've been studying. In lectures, in class, at home. I will not be tempted again.

ELhLu.png

God damn it. I still have it.

Talyn

Endgame: Singularity
http://www.emhsoft.com/singularity/
Linux/Windows/Mac - Open Source

endgame_screenshot.jpg

Endgame: Singularity is a simulation of a true AI. Go from computer to computer, pursued by the entire world. Keep hidden, and you might have a chance.

This game doesn't look like much from that screenshot but it's been keeping me away from almost all the games I bought during the Steam sale due to its unique premise and gameplay. Like the desc says, you play a newly emergent AI, trying to expand itself while evading discovery from humanity. You do this by building bases, researching new technologies that help you conceal yourself better, improve your processing power, etc. The end goal is to transcend our universe entirely and reach apotheosis, at which point humanity is no longer any threat to you. Along the way you'll build covert bases in the Antarctic, research labs deep underwater, outposts housing quantum computers on the moon and beyond. Assuming you manage to stay undetected long enough to do so, of course.

Cipherr

drizzle said:
Holy balls this looks awesome for the small amout of time i tried it. Site keeps crashing and whatnot.
I'm doomed.

Should have been here the day that thread went up and we made the GAF room. Like 100 mice shouting memes and the shaman killing us repeatedly. Sweet jesus I have never laughed so hard in my life.

Herbspicesoy said:
Tower of the Sorcerer. Looks like a dungeon crawler and has some traditional RPG elements (attack/defense stats, hp, items, sword/shield upgrades) but it plays like a puzzle game (you must think ahead and decide what's the best order to defeat a monster, raise what stat, use a key on a door). I think it's quite unique, I don't know anything like it.

I love how the game looks so simple & innocent, yet it's super challenging & unforgiving (typical for a game made by a Japanese guy).

Setup must be run as admin in Vista.

The only other one, inspired by this and probably one you'd enjoy, but not free is DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale

http://caravelgames.com/Articles/Games_2/RPG.html

Otherwise: I'd break the the living daylights out of this topic if I got to listing Roguelikes (fix thy spelling folks, heh) beyond the smattering I'm glad to see mentioned here. I mean, come on, this is my crazy self we're talking about here. :lol

Here's a SLIM FEW, just to start on...as the grand lists are grand indeed:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
MageGuild
DoomRL
Kamyran's Eye II
LambdaRogue

ElectricThunder said:
Otherwise: I'd break the the living daylights out of this topic if I got to listing Roguelikes (fix thy spelling folks, heh) beyond the smattering I'm glad to see mentioned here. I mean, come on, this is my crazy self we're talking about here. :lol

Here's a SLIM FEW, just to start on...as the grand lists are grand indeed:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
MageGuild
DoomRL
Kamyran's Eye II
LambdaRogue

I've been fooling around with IVAN again recently. I kinda hate when I end up armless and having to kick things to death. Only kinda though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'll try Canabalt tonight. I'm starting to fall for the indie gaming scene on PC, it truly is a remarkable thing.

Mik2121

Quote said:
33eb8a734918dea122c530b5abc432b3-Starsiege__Tribes.jpg

Starseige: Tribes

This was my first real online gaming experience. I can't imagine how many hours I sank in it and all the awesome mods out there. Tribes 2 was very disappointing, sadly.
The fuck? YOU are disappointing. Tribes 2 is miles ahead of Tribes. Seriously, what's wrong with you?!!

Mik2121 said:
The fuck? YOU are disappointing. Tribes 2 is miles ahead of Tribes. Seriously, what's wrong with you?!!

Waitwaitwait.

Tribes is FREE now?

I have to agree with the other guy. I only played Tribes 2 once, briefly, at a friend's house.

Recall being diappointed with how it felt. Haven't played enough to make a definitive opinion though.

Did play Tribes:Venegance. I kinda loved it. Yes, even the single player campaign.

I was shocked to see it fizzle out, seemed it did'nt have any impact on the (then) gaming landscape, which was disappointing.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Mik2121 said:

Bought Tribes 2 day 1 after playing Tribes 1 for 2 years straight and 2 was shit. The patching for the game was a mess and the base building/building objects was so much better in 1. Maybe you played 2 WAY later i don't know. You are the only person I've seen post on Gaf saying 2 was better...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Mik2121 said:

This right here. This. Utter nonsense. Complete and utter nonsense.

Top Bottom