• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Steam copy of Sequence ($4.99) for every single member of GAF [Last chance!]

fernoca

NOT PARTICIPATING, SO NOT ADDING A TITLE.

Just saying that Feep's awesome for doing this and the game (Xbox Indies version) was awesome too; so glad things are good. And continue making awesome games. :)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
If so, I love it! And can't wait to try out this game! I played the demo on the Indie Channel and thought it seemed fun.

Feep

Banned
I'm back from a day of absolute insanity. I haven't slept for 33 hours.

Today's events actually had nothing to do with Sequence, or video games in general. You'll all be able to see what I did today...in a couple months. I'll let you know when that date arrives. (sneaky grin)

And to everyone worrying about the massive number of PMs required, don't stress. = D Epic GAF user Cheesemeister is modifying his excellent scripting from the NPD threads to automate title detection and PM sending. We'll still need to work with the 30 sec time limit, but we're going to see if we can get that temporarily lifted.

And I have all the codes we'll need. = D

Mr_Elysia

electroshockwave said:
If his game is good then the word-of-mouth and people seeing their Steam friends playing it could earn many more sales than he'll lose. How many people do you think would have heard about the game without this promotion?

That's a fair point but I would like to hope a third of of the people getting it for free would have bought it anyways, which does exactly the same thing.

MonoLuna

Neo Member
Seems like a very interesting idea for a game. Super cool of you to give away free copies.
Awesome trailer~
Again thank you for the copy of your game!

TheBez

I've been waiting for Sequence on Steam for a while but unfortunately I would not have had the money to pick it up tomorrow. Thank you for your kind generosity and I will make sure to donate/buy friends copies when I get the chance!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Feep said:
I'm back from a day of absolute insanity. I haven't slept for 33 hours.

Today's events actually had nothing to do with Sequence, or video games in general. You'll all be able to see what I did today...in a couple months. I'll let you know when that date arrives. (sneaky grin)

And to everyone worrying about the massive number of PMs required, don't stress. = D Epic GAF user Cheesemeister is modifying his excellent scripting from the NPD threads to automate title detection and PM sending. We'll still need to work with the 30 sec time limit, but we're going to see if we can get that temporarily lifted.

And I have all the codes we'll need. = D
Grats on the baby Feep. :p

Gvaz

Banned
Mr_Elysia said:
No. Rest assured this is going to be a loss on his end. Not everyone getting a free key would have bought the game. But he's losing hundreds to potentially thousands of sales. It's not clever. It's just a nice thing to do.

edit:clarity
I never would have paid a penny for this prior, but because of his generosity I'll donate to him depending on if I like the game or not.

He wins every which way because:
1. word of mouth works, saves money on advertising
2. small company so there's not much to split the bills
3. lots of people ITF would never so much as looked at this, I guarantee it had he not done this. It would have gotten middling sales (couple thousand) depending on crossover from the XBL community with steam accounts and how well his works there were received.
4. there's no lost sale from someone who was never interested, the only thing is potentially creating a new one.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Feep said:
Oh that's good! I was worrying about your sanity in the near future!

Top Bottom