• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Steam copy of Sequence ($4.99) for every single member of GAF [Last chance!]

If anything, this is a great marketing test and a way to gain fans.

Sequence OT (5/5/11) = 5 pages.

Sequence coming to Steam (10/5/11) = 2 pages.

Free copy of Sequence (yesterday) = 68 pages and counting.

DigiMish

Feep, you're very clever - there's no doubt that you'll get more $$ from this promotion than you would have before. Is this going to become standard practice among gaf indie devs now lol.

CradleOfFilth

Neo Member
Cool!

I guess i want a key so i could donate to give you the full money, so VALVe get nothing and you get all the reward you deserve :).

I will give a shot for sure if you want :)

Mr_Elysia

DigiMish said:
Feep, you're very clever - there's no doubt that you'll get more $$ from this promotion than you would have before. Is this going to become standard practice among gaf indie devs now lol.

No. Rest assured this is going to be a loss on his end. Not everyone getting a free key would have bought the game. But he's losing hundreds to potentially thousands of sales. It's not clever. It's just a nice thing to do.

edit:clarity

Mr_Elysia said:
No. Rest assured this is going to be a loss on his end. Not everyone getting a free key would have bought the game. But he's losing hundreds to potentially thousands of sales. It's not clever. It's just a nice thing to do.

edit:clarity
If his game is good then the word-of-mouth and people seeing their Steam friends playing it could earn many more sales than he'll lose. How many people do you think would have heard about the game without this promotion?

Top Bottom