• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Steam copy of Sequence ($4.99) for every single member of GAF [Last chance!]

There's 3500 non registered user right now on GAF, I wonder how they feel about the 6 month + delay to register now.

If it wasn't there, this topic would be at 10 000+ post right now.

Tenck

UnluckyKate said:
There's 3500 non registered user right now on GAF, I wonder how they feel about the 6 month + delay to register now.

They would kill for your account. Don't go into any dark alleys!

Edit: And I only had to wait like 2-3 weeks for my activation :D

Glix

because I suck and don't deserve a free copy, but will be happy to take one.

Congrats for creating something that has gotten so much acclaim!!!

Thanks for the offer Feep, I am very late to the party, but if you have any more cool, if not, I may buy it too (always need and excuse to get more games on my PC!)

Feep

Banned
Once again, everyone, I'm giving away keys until the new year. There is no limit.

It's likely everyone will be receiving their keys within a couple hours. Look forward to it!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Feep said:
Once again, everyone, I'm giving away keys until the new year. There is no limit.

It's likely everyone will be receiving their keys within a couple hours. Look forward to it!

Still wondering how much this is going to hurt your company, GAF likes to support its members and giving away 10 and asking others to buy your game might have made you some scratch.

(Either way, pretty interested in trying it, your generosity is sick and totally appreciate it bro)

Feep

Banned
lsslave said:
Still wondering how much this is going to hurt your company, GAF likes to support its members and giving away 10 and asking others to buy your game might have made you some scratch.

(Either way, pretty interested in trying it, your generosity is sick and totally appreciate it bro)
Don't worry about it. How many copies to GAF-members would I have sold anyway? 500? Even if I didn't receive a single donation and disregarding my feelings of charity entirely, I think the increased coverage and word-of-mouth will be worth it in the end. I'm pretty confident in my game's ability to impress you guys, so no worries. = D

Mikeside

lsslave said:

Despite already having Sequence on XBLA, I was going to buy a copy for myself.
After this, I'll probably buy gift copies for a few of my friends just to show some appreciation :)

I hope Generous-GAF rewards this behaviour in full force.

Vistrix

UnluckyKate said:

6 months? I waited nearly 2 years :p

Feep said:
Don't worry about it. How many copies to GAF-members would I have sold anyway? 500? Even if I didn't receive a single donation and disregarding my feelings of charity entirely, I think the increased coverage and word-of-mouth will be worth it in the end. I'm pretty confident in my game's ability to impress you guys, so no worries. = D
I really hope your game has success. Can't wait to try it (later today? We'll see).

Feep

Banned
Detox said:
I would love to see a writeup about the results of this experiment maybe 6 months from now.
You know what I really need is a control group from an alternate universe, where I decided not to do this.

Chesskid1

Banned
30 seconds inbetween each PM right? x 4000 posts. 2000 minutes?

someone is in store for a long ass day. need to make sure they don't send to people who post twice as well so may need to log users.

once again, thanks so much :d

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Feep said:
You know what I really need is a control group from an alternate universe, where I decided not to do this.

Well, lets give a rough estimate of 2000 copies are going away for free (discussion happening in the thread means the post count wont do us much good so I am just ballparking it)

From our peak members who may have 60+ friends on Steam to people like me with maybe 5 or 6 (I'm so new to PC gaming :( No friends with PC yet even though peer pressure is to the max) we can say an average of 15 people who "see" us playing the game.

Plus of course we get it free and GAF is vocal, but the majority of GAF is probably "normal" people on the outside (I hope) who aside from their nerdy friends (I have a few friends of the nerd variety that I can geek out with) act fairly normal in reality so the majority of our gaming discussion happens on the forum.

So really, lets keep it to the people who we share this information with on Steam.

Really though, your best bet for "hype up" might just come from this game going up the ranks in Steam and being played by multiple users. Do these downloads go to your "top sellers" thing? I mean, it can't hurt to have Sequence in the Top Sellers section at all.

Of course as word of mouth spreads it might also spread to the 360 version, so really all we have to go by are your launch 360 sales vs. your launch Steam sales, subtract however many free versions you give away. You can probably give us that number roughly in a month and we can take the normal "might have bought" and figure what kind of push you got for it.

Plus y'know, however many donations you get.

(Oh, and I forgot my rough estimate, I was going to say maybe at an output of 1.5 for every free one sold, not including sales that would have happened regardless, but on top of that if an additional 1.5 copies were sold for every free one given out due to word of mouth, would that be a success for you?

Top Bottom