• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Steam copy of Sequence ($4.99) for every single member of GAF [Last chance!]

Feep

Banned
iKeepPlaying said:
One question.
Are you going to share, in a future, with GAF your overall experience with Steam? Because I'd like to read it.
I did sign a rather large NDA. I will say that working with them has been an absolute pleasure, but I don't know how much farther I can go than that.

Rapture

i saw this thread turning out a lot worse, as soon as people see free they go nuts! lol at any rate, that's awesome of you.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Feep said:
I did sign a rather large NDA. I will say that working with them has been an absolute pleasure, but I don't know how much farther I can go than that.

So no bad touch, only good touch?

th3dude

Feep said:

On a similar topic, what about your thoughts and experiences with XNA? Have a blog anywhere or anything?

aasoncott

This game still has the greatest trailers in the history of gaming.

(though the "how to play" trailer says the game is $3 -- might want to fix that)

Feep

Banned
sn1pes said:
On a similar topic, what about your thoughts and experiences with XNA? Have a blog anywhere or anything?
XNA is awesome, and I mean that sincerely. I was never a spectacular software engineer, but XNA makes development so easy that really anyone with a moderate programming background can churn out some great stuff. And if you don't need crazy performance (AAA stuff), there's no worries.

th3dude

Feep said:
XNA is awesome, and I mean that sincerely. I was never a spectacular software engineer, but XNA makes development so easy that really anyone with a moderate programming background can churn out some great stuff. And if you don't need crazy performance (AAA stuff), there's no worries.

Thanks for the response. Have any favorite resources that helped you get through the process? Some friends and I are in early stages of our XNA game.

Thanks again and looking forward to trying your game out!

Feep

Banned
Oh, uh, if you want to say thanks, you should do it in the thread. I have a feeling my inbox is about to get very, very large. = D
sn1pes said:
Thanks for the response. Have any favorite resources that helped you get through the process? Some friends and I are in early stages of our XNA game.

Thanks again and looking forward to trying your game out!
The AppHub forums are great, and the tutorial stuff on Microsoft's official sites is pretty solid. That said, there are some great books with full code examples that might really help, if you don't have a strong programming base...I don't know which, exactly, but I'd check out some reviews on Amazon.

Be sure to only buy an XNA 4.0 book.

Good stuff, not interested in a free copy as I'll just be buying your game. Excellent work to you Feep! Glad to see a fellow gaffer be successful.

SLV

Thanks, just bought it on steam, and got my friends steam serial aswell, Cheers Feep :p
may the game be a success !

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Cheesemeister said:
It's otaku magic.
I wrote a cool program.

Pretty sneaky sis!

Aren't auto-dialers illegal? You'd think that parts of that legislation would go to auto-PMers /lolface

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sorry for PM'ing you Feep, whoops

<3 Thankies, wish Steam had a like button or some mechanic to boost you up (I is a steam noob)

Gonna give it a shot tonight

Also the Steam Page, the trailers are amazing, love the "so help me god, if you don't buy this....I'll find you" lol, but my existential real life does have some meaning =D

TheExodu5

Banned
Feep said:
Don't worry about it. How many copies to GAF-members would I have sold anyway? 500? Even if I didn't receive a single donation and disregarding my feelings of charity entirely, I think the increased coverage and word-of-mouth will be worth it in the end. I'm pretty confident in my game's ability to impress you guys, so no worries. = D

I really hope it pays off. And really, you should be confident. It's a great game.

FrancisH

Thank you for the key, Feep!

Downloading now, it seems like a game myself and the girlfriend would love so if I become a fan of it then I will definitely be buying it for her! Thanks again!

wrowa

I got my code, thanks a lot Feep! I'll give it a try immediately, let's hope that GAF will generate a great word of mouth so that your game also becomes a financial success this time around.

Top Bottom