• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Mailbox

Getting this tomorrow. Heard about where it falters but it hasn't discouraged me much.

Probably digital since I'm busy tomorrow with university studies and can't afford to go out.

But on the off chance I can, I'll get it physical

Everyone should post their characters here. It'd be cool to see what FWGaf comes up with, I hear that this game's customization is pretty extensive too.

ZeroAKA

Third person shooter elements? How heavy we talking here? I'll play the shit out of games from Uncharted to ME to Space Marine but can't get too into hunting action (Soul Sacrifice is by far the most I've gotten into a hunting game, got to Magusar, didn't kill him). Smoother controls? MH3U on Wii U was...not going to happen for me.
Pretty sure Japanese players complained about the game being too much of a shooter and not like a typical hunting game.

Mailbox

I'm interested in this! Probably doing digital.

Where does it falter?

From what I hear the story is meh (specifically that the ending is crap (though I didn't spoil myself)), the enemy variety isn't the best, and the stealth sections really don't new to be there and are meh.

But I'm still getting it so....

Cheddahz

Banned
My copy's gonna show up tomorrow, but who knows if I'll actually start it tomorrow
I probably will, just gotta get myself away from Bayonetta 2

Korten

Banned
To get or not to get... I really do. How were import OT impressions? Is there a lot of content? Is the story good?

I also really, REALLY like the art style. Sure it's anime, but it's a really clean and crisp anime art style that looks good.

From what I hear the story is meh (specifically that the ending is crap (though I didn't spoil myself)), the enemy variety isn't the best, and the stealth sections really don't new to be there and are meh.

But I'm still getting it so....

If there's anything that I've learned with Destiny is that a game can have it's flaws and I will still play the shit out of it if the gameplay is solid. I'm not scared one bit, and I feel like I'm going to spend quite some time on this game.

cyborg009

Banned
I ripped these from the site ages ago but I wish it was native size

tumblr_myg20uotx61rmyt8ho1_1280.jpg
tumblr_myg20uotx61rmyt8ho2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mwn714HtLV1rmyt8ho2_1280.jpg
tumblr_mwn714HtLV1rmyt8ho1_1280.jpg

Hikami

Everyone should post their characters here. It'd be cool to see what FWGaf comes up with, I hear that this game's customization is pretty extensive too.

I was thinking about this too, would love to see people's characters.

Also, is that "Online Volunteer" thing the spreadsheet where we add each other? Says you need permission just to even view it.

I did add on top where to view the sheet and edit but here you go again:

I saw the link there, but just like he said, it asks you for a request to access the doc, so you can't see it until someone (I'm guessing you :p) grants that user passage. We can write our info just fine, but we can't view it afterwards.

Hikami

I did add on top where to view the sheet and edit but here you go again:

Here's the form, please let me know if it's working:

The form works fine, but when trying to view it this pops up (quote)

edit: seems to be working now

ChuckNyce

Considering picking this up when I go pick up Sunset Overdrive tomorrow, any idea when the reviews are supposed to hit?

I've submitted and canceled my pre-order on Amazon three times already. I really love the game's style and I need a big, plot-focused, shooter/hunting game for my Vita, but I keep wavering after reading the middling impressions from Japan.

I think I need a little push to get me over the fence, and hopefully the new patch is exactly that.

mauaus

Preordered a digital code from amazon, it says they are sending them out in 3 hours ill let you guys know if it works of if we still have to wait for the store update

nikos

Added myself to the players list even though I haven't decided on a panopticon yet. Will probably go with NYC since I live here though. I'll update that once I figure it out.

ramyeon

Third person shooter elements? How heavy we talking here? I'll play the shit out of games from Uncharted to ME to Space Marine but can't get too into hunting action (Soul Sacrifice is by far the most I've gotten into a hunting game, got to Magusar, didn't kill him). Smoother controls? MH3U on Wii U was...not going to happen for me.
The controls in MH are fine, especially on the Wii U version. What you probably didn't like was the animation priority and that you can't cancel out of actions. Which is, imo, one of the many charms of the game.

This is definitely a bit more fast paced than MH from what I've seen. Still weary on buying day one due to Japanese impressions and SMTIV coming out here around the same time...

Completely forgot this game was coming out, thought it was either released already (and I'm not talking about the japanese release) or that it would come later this year.

Mikado

Pre-order
pre-ordered.

I liked GE:B, so I'm in for this. I enjoy all the meats of the Hunting Action stew.

Toronto is Life, Edmonton is Hometown.

Donthizz#

I thought gaffers are going to stick together and become prison-mates? now everybody is going to be spread all over the place.

The game that is making me want a Vita the most right now.

The heavy focus on shooting is a huge bummer for me though, I hope it is completely playable in close range.

I didn't read many impressions from the japanese thread, but is it true that the game has more combos than a normal hunting game?

Top Bottom