• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Does this have a story? I know it's a Monster Hunter type of game, but can it be enjoyed alone?

Wasn't gonna get it but at $30, not bad!

it sort of has a story just dont expect much from it. game most def can be played solo due to ai partners ai micromagement will take a little getting used to but for the most part you wont be using a lot of the commands.

if you were familiar with god eater for example that game does a far better job with story and characters.

for 30 bucks you most def will get your $$$ worth.

If I buy the NA game and use an European PSN account, will I still be able to download the patch for the NA game on vita?

patch yes. dlc no.

Great Job on the OT!

I'll be representing Stockholm from day one and I hope that I'm not the only one.

The thing that I like the most with this game and a feature that I wish was present in both Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice as well is the posibility of playing the SP campaign with friends.

The day is here. Can't wait to lower my prison sentence with you all :D I added all of the folks that are on the docs, if I missed you and you are there my apologies, feel free to add me to your friends list. Let's contribute!

ramyeon

I'll be buying whenever this comes out on PSN in Australia.

I'll be joining the Seoul Panopticon. My city in Australia isn't listed and unlike the other Australian cities included I've actually lived in Seoul lol.

Not sure how much I'll play with SMTIV coming out on Friday but we'll see how much it pulls me in.

Parakeetman

game most def is more enjoyable playing with others, am looking forward to the gaf impressions with the western ver.

I like the art direction and enemy design, but the mascot-bear thing looks like the laziest wannabe-Monokuma-but-not-quite rip off I´ve seen.

I´ll be there on friday.

Parakeetman

I thought he was supposed to be like Teddie, aka most Japanese game mascots.

Hes just more a virtual representation of the Panoticon PA system really. Nothing more than that, since asides virtually its not like he has any sort of physical presence in the game itself.

I thought he was supposed to be like Teddie, aka most Japanese game mascots.

Now that you mention it... Teddie was definitely one of the earlier antropomorphic-(insert animal) mascots.

I still think Percy´s (?) design sticks out and looks quite poor compared to the rest of the game.

Just minor and close to irrelevant nitpicks though :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Should be getting two copies delivered tomorrow. Don't know if I'll have the time to sit down and play this week!

Lucifon

So many games out at the moment that I'm holding off on this for the moment - thinking about getting a PSTV for Xmas along with a couple of games which are compatible. I know Freedom Wars is so it'll be on the list.

Zhao_Yun

I like the art direction and enemy design, but the mascot-bear thing looks like the laziest wannabe-Monokuma-but-not-quite rip off I´ve seen.

I´ll be there on friday.

The design actually reminded me of the police mascot in the Psycho-Pass Anime although it isn't a bear. Might be the eyes.

dee66de9b8c89a845edd1cd2abed388f1363928603_full.jpg

Parakeetman

Japan police mascots.

Btw has anyone tested the game on PSV TV yet? The US version, buddy of mine as asking. Saw it mentioned that it works, but if anyone has actual confirmation would be appreciated.

LX_Theo

Banned
I will literally eat my shoe if this game score lower than 60... seriously, it will at least score 70.

70 feels like a safe and generally low bet. I know the game has issues and more so at the Japanese launch... But 60 seems ridiculously low all things considered.

I'd predict somewhere between 73 and 81

Keep in mind, review scores have dropped a lot this generation as most critics have become more critical. If this game gets a 70, that would be a solid score, unlike last gen where it would be garbage. (Not saying I care about or agree with reviews, but that's the situation now)

nikos

I don't think I can resist going to get this when Gamestop opens in 15 minutes. Hopefully they have an extra copy.

Dragon

Banned
Sorry if this has already been answered, but can you buy this on PSN? I tried PSTV and the Playstation Store on Chrome and I couldn't find the game listed...

Redhood

Is it possible to change your panopticon midgame? If I start a new savegame can I change the panopticon?

Thinking of getting this due to small size.

It feels like I'm in a Lynch movie. I remember that I preordered this game on the EU PSN store, but there are no evidence of this when I search the store or in my history.

And now there is a post on the EU blog that tells me that the game won't be out until Friday?

Groodon

Neo Member
It feels like I'm in a Lynch movie. I remember that I preordered this game on the EU PSN store, but there are no evidence of this when I search the store or in my history.

And now there is a post on the EU blog that tells me that the game won't be out until Friday?

The release date has always been friday for EU, like most releases, we get it 2 or more days later.

ramyeon

The release date has always been friday for EU, like most releases, we get it 2 or more days later.
No it hasn't. From a PS Blog update in August:

"To begin, we are incredibly thrilled to officially announce that Freedom Wars will launch in Europe on Wednesday, 29th October 2014, and in the UK and Ireland on Friday the 31st for €29.99/ £24.99."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/08/19/freedom-wars-release-date-pre-order-announced/ (Note the complete lack of mention for Australia who for whatever reason is always lumped in with Europe. The Sony EU blog does a great job of completely ignoring that Australia exists).

Also the physical version is listed as releasing today (the 29th) for Australia. Kind of ridiculous if we have to wait a few more days to get the digital version...

I can't figure out if I want to get digital or physical. If I buy digital it will put me over $100 for the month, but I normally like physical and I feel I buy this digital it might not fit on my card. Especially with updates. Also, Sony might justify this to not release physical in the future. :/

nikos

Just got home with the game. Downloading the patch now.

Still need to decide which panopticon to go with. :/

OrigiNull

Biggest issue with Sony systems is this lame wait for evening store updates.... I'm on EST and it'll probably be 6-7 before I can even download the game :(

DTurkin

I like Monster Hunter, but I always wanted more story, Toukiden had a better story and interesting npcs, and I ended up really liking it.
I have high hopes for Freedom Wars (my copy arrives tomorrow).

Top Bottom