• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Mephala

I can't seem to solo the last few missions on Code 7. Am I alone in this? I would like to upgrade my barbaras but I need resources from the marksmen mk4, which I cannot encounter on lower tier missions. Any tips?

I am stuck on the same missions. Currently also upgrading my Barbara and a light sword (for better severing, previously using Flare Knife) before I give it another shot.
Some tips I have received.
- Flash Bombs (stuns stuns
chains
)
- Attack the square thingies, sever them.
- Hide in the beginning room area when things get chaotic. The enemy cannot enter but they can still shoot at you from the entrance.
- Last Legs and Thorn Length Augments to help revives and survivability.

I'm sure I'm missing some tips but that is all I remember for now. Not sure how much it helps but I've also been upgrading my AI's equipment...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am stuck on the same missions. Currently also upgrading my Barbara and a light sword (for better severing, previously using Flare Knife) before I give it another shot.
Some tips I have received.
- Flash Bombs (stuns stuns
chains
)
- Attack the square thingies, sever them.
- Hide in the beginning room area when things get chaotic. The enemy cannot enter but they can still shoot at you from the entrance.
- Last Legs and Thorn Length Augments to help revives and survivability.

I'm sure I'm missing some tips but that is all I remember for now. Not sure how much it helps but I've also been upgrading my AI's equipment...

I already finished that boss. I was able to beat it once I knew I needed to sever the boxes. Can't beat the optional missions after that though. The respawning sinners always murder me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I can't seem to solo the last few missions on Code 7. Am I alone in this? I would like to upgrade my barbaras but I need resources from the marksmen mk4, which I cannot encounter on lower tier missions. Any tips?

You are not alone, i did everything without problems until max difficulty missions, i'm not able to do most of them.
The difference between the difficulty of level 7 and level 8 missions is wider than previous jumps.

Soulhouf

You are not alone, i did everything without problems until max difficulty missions, i'm not able to do most of them.
The difference between the difficulty of level 7 and level 8 missions is wider than previous jumps.

Wait to see the "alarming" level 8 ones. It's another huge jump difficulty-wise.
Not only they are hard but you have only 25 minutes to do them.

Soulhouf

Come to think of it, it's funny how this game has that knock back in the wrong direction when you get hit. I didn't see this glitch in a game for years.
It's hilarious to see your character knocked toward the abductor when it hits you in your back, but seriously, how did something like this make it to the final product?
I really really hope the next iteration will fix at least the big issues. Some of them are embarrassing to see in a 2014 game TBH.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Come to think of it, it's funny how this game has that knock back in the wrong direction when you get hit. I didn't see this glitch in a game for years.
It's hilarious to see your character knocked toward the abductor when it hits you in your back, but seriously, how did something like this make it to the final product?
I really really hope the next iteration will fix at least the big issues. Some of them are embarrassing to see in a 2014 game TBH.

Ever got shot from an enemy facing the opposite direction? Used to happen all the time pre-patch with the JP version and enemy snipers.

maouvin

Na Na Na! got the wrong description:

Change up the battle music with an additional song to fight along to! Includes the background track 'Million-Year Sentence of Love (Short Version).'

The other two are ok.
And still no sign of Costume Pack A :(

Parakeetman

Which light melee weapon has the highest power?

It would just be faster if you looked at what you have available to you. Since if its something you havent unlocked yet its not like the info is going to help you out.

Should be pretty clear from the stats shown on the weapons. Its not like there is that many to go through also lol

ArXiom

Neo Member
1. Damascus Knife: 1426
2. EZ Falke II: 1250
3. Hawkshadow: 1224
4. Happy Chopper: 1144

Advanced variants maximum potential listed damage at level 10 without mods.

Thanks, I thought it would be the Damascus since it has the highest minimum power when manufacturing, but I have heard some people say that the Falke is the best, so I was wasn't sure if it could surpass the Damascus power at later levels

people

Thanks, I thought it would be the Damascus since it has the highest minimum power when manufacturing, but I have heard some people say that the Falke is the best, so I was wasn't sure if it could surpass the Damascus power at later levels

I guess some may like Falke better because of the move set or charge attacks. Also, it's a chainsaw.

Zareka

Crap, I forgot about the weekly DLC for this game and missed out in a bunch. Were there any more free ones put up? Were they limited time?

Mephala

I just saw the credits roll. That weapon you get at the end looks pretty nice but is actually decent? I noticed it absorbs health as it attacks but given that enemies can almost one shot or at least combo wombo me to nothing this doesn't seem too useful.

I also just attempted my first Retribution from the special ops menu. Are these supposed to be almost impossible to solo? -_-'

Parakeetman

I just saw the credits roll. That weapon you get at the end looks pretty nice but is actually decent? I noticed it absorbs health as it attacks but given that enemies can almost one shot or at least combo wombo me to nothing this doesn't seem too useful.

I also just attempted my first Retribution from the special ops menu. Are these supposed to be almost impossible to solo? -_-'

without the right weapon thats maxed out damage wise yeah they will be a huge pain in the ass.

the spear and blade is pretty useless personally lol.

Mephala

Hmm, if my objective is to kill abductors faster would it be better to sever or just equip a high attack weapon and go all out? Also, is there any real advantage in damage types? I'm not really noticing much difference between slash/pierce/impact.

Parakeetman

Hmm, if my objective is to kill abductors faster would it be better to sever or just equip a high attack weapon and go all out? Also, is there any real advantage in damage types? I'm not really noticing much difference between slash/pierce/impact.

Resistance / Weakness really, but since all the stupid enemies look the same for the most part its hard to tell what works on what.

Use a high powered weapon to weaken the part then saw it off when its low on health. You can generally check that when you start sawing on a part.

That or just make a barbara max it out and attach to whatever you want, fire off shots, watch pieces fly.

Mephala

Resistance / Weakness really, but since all the stupid enemies look the same for the most part its hard to tell what works on what.

Use a high powered weapon to weaken the part then saw it off when its low on health. You can generally check that when you start sawing on a part.

That or just make a barbara max it out and attach to whatever you want, fire off shots, watch pieces fly.

My problem so far is the stupid crab abductor with the rocket pods. I'm on a mission where I need to kill 2 of them, one starts early but the last one is hidden behind 3 other abductors... 5 high level abductors isn't impossible but this crab guy is just a pain. I can't really stay attached with the barbra, it spins too much. AI also love standing under it.

:(

Parakeetman

My problem so far is the stupid crab abductor with the rocket pods. I'm on a mission where I need to kill 2 of them, one starts early but the last one is hidden behind 3 other abductors... 5 high level abductors isn't impossible but this crab guy is just a pain. I can't really stay attached with the barbra, it spins too much. AI also love standing under it.

:(

Yeah the best way to kill that thing is get its life down so it sheds the armor, once that happens drag it down, then attach yourself to the cage on the abdomen and blast away. Since if you break it, you get another stun effect on the abductor allowing for even more damage to be delt to the cage.

Its even possible to do it before the leg armor is shed. Get ready to lol at the vid below. Thats with a maxed out barbara though mind you, but you get the general idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH-ytz9e70

Mephala

Yeah the best way to kill that thing is get its life down so it sheds the armor, once that happens drag it down, then attach yourself to the cage on the abdomen and blast away. Since if you break it, you get another stun effect on the abductor allowing for even more damage to be delt to the cage.

Its even possible to do it before the leg armor is shed. Get ready to lol at the vid below. Thats with a maxed out barbara though mind you, but you get the general idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH-ytz9e70

Thanks, that helps. I have been attacking its bum cage but I guess I could focus on it a bit more. The video was uhh... insightful. Lol.

When you max a weapon, do you generally just take it to +10 straight away or do you let it change once you hit +5? Is there any noticeable difference for having a tiny bit higher impact? I question whether the switch to boosting elemental is worth it unless I happen to have mods that increase it further. :\

Parakeetman

Thanks, that helps. I have been attacking its bum cage but I guess I could focus on it a bit more. The video was uhh... insightful. Lol.

When you max a weapon, do you generally just take it to +10 straight away or do you let it change once you hit +5? Is there any noticeable difference for having a tiny bit higher impact? I question whether the switch to boosting elemental is worth it unless I happen to have mods that increase it further. :\

Heres what the person in that vid had on their weapon. No idea what the official Eng names are as am from the JP version.

Damage up - L
Damage up - XL
All Elemental Attack up - XL
Vs Head Damage up - XL
Vs Legs Damage up - XL
Vs Cage Damage up - XL
Grab Damage up - XL
Ammo count up - L
Ammo count up - XL
Magazine size up - XL

then 2 spaces blank after.

From what it seems that there is advantages for the elemental damages against enemies that are weak against something, but I personally am unsure whats good on what outside of the obvious ones. I mainly went the physical damage route with the upgrade choice.

You might have to wait for someone whos still playing to give you more info on the upgrading thing as have not played in a real long time unfortunately.

Heres another vid for you btw. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv1Yf0Fov28

Mephala

Heres what the person in that vid had on their weapon. No idea what the official Eng names are as am from the JP version.

Damage up - L
Damage up - XL
All Elemental Attack up - XL
Vs Head Damage up - XL
Vs Legs Damage up - XL
Vs Cage Damage up - XL
Grab Damage up - XL
Ammo count up - L
Ammo count up - XL
Magazine size up - XL

Lmao. Having played the game and tried to make decent mods move and stay on a weapon all I can say is that I am amazed at this fellow's dedication. And he seems to have two of these things. Damn!

Parakeetman

Lmao. Having played the game and tried to make decent mods move and stay on a weapon all I can say is that I am amazed at this fellow's dedication. And he seems to have two of these things. Damn!

It was even worse before when the ability to delete unwanted mods was not in the game too.

Mine would always get ruined by something and hated doing the save upload / download trick thing. Knew someone else who didnt have PS+ so they just used the content manager constantly which took even longer wtf.

KDR_11k

I guess there isn't a way to prevent being knocked down by hits... Difficulty in this game mostly comes from being repeatedly knocked down by attacks from off-screen. Two abductors tend to mean that whenever one is recovering from an attack the other one is going to hit so you don't have time to dodge anything.

Mephala

It was even worse before when the ability to delete unwanted mods was not in the game too.

Mine would always get ruined by something and hated doing the save upload / download trick thing. Knew someone else who didnt have PS+ so they just used the content manager constantly which took even longer wtf.

Where is this NPC who gets rid of mods for you? Is it going to cost thousands of credits?

I just beat my first Code 8 mission... Took me about 43 minutes to kill 7 abductors. I need to thank you Parakeetman, for linking me to those youtube videos. While I don't have 2 maxed Barbras I did use one that had a nice 800 attack and focusing on the pods was by far the best way to kill the things.

This game needs a dance emote or some kind of victory fan fare.
By6QMC1.gif

The weapons I got from Simon are terrible D:

Nearing the requirements to unlock Code 4. Anything I should know to maximize my punishment reduction and EP income or is it all about simple grinding?

Nearing the requirements to unlock Code 4. Anything I should know to maximize my punishment reduction and EP income or is it all about simple grinding?

Donate as much as possible. Donate all the weapons you find that are low rarity or have bad mods. Run your facilities and then donate the items you don't use. It adds up.

To make high-rarity items for donation without spending too many high-rarity items, put in one high-rarity item and then Non-Existent Non-Resources for the rest.

Towards the end of the game you will be able to make augmentations that boost your punishment reduction. Have those equipped when you complete an operation for the first time.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Decide to buy song DLC.
Finally get to hear 1 million imprisonment of love full version.
Worth it!

Probably going to give this game a rest, or maybe use it to listen to the idol song. I already plat and no longer a sinner. The online part is fun, especially when team up with veteran. Beating 2 binding light like it's nothing, synchronize severing, jump around using thorn, real good stuff. Too bad my home internet connection is not the best, so i often got disconnected during the fight.

Damn good game.

KDR_11k

What are element reduction modules for? Normally I'd think they're a penalty but there are additives that deliberately cause elemental reductions. Does hitting an enemy with an elemental resistance reduce your damage output or just the bonus effect from that element? Also I assume elemental resistances only apply to listed elemental effects, not e.g. the flamethrower being affected by fire resistance?

Also do those situational attack/defense augments (e.g. "more damage to sinners" or "more damage while at full health") give a larger benefit than the blanket one or are they just for stacking on top of the base boost? What kinds of augs do people run, besides the mandatory bleed-out-delay?

Donate as much as possible. Donate all the weapons you find that are low rarity or have bad mods. Run your facilities and then donate the items you don't use. It adds up.

To make high-rarity items for donation without spending too many high-rarity items, put in one high-rarity item and then Non-Existent Non-Resources for the rest.

Towards the end of the game you will be able to make augmentations that boost your punishment reduction. Have those equipped when you complete an operation for the first time.

I don't think I ever had to consciously grind for years to get the code requirements, you can't get the code test until the story for the code is completed anyway and as you get closer to the code test you'll unlock the optional missions which should be more than enough to get you to that year requirement.

baekshi

Banned
Just network stability fixes according to GameFAQs and google translate of the Japanese changelog. Also Europe didn't get it yet so we are now isolated from the rest of the world for online play.

The Japanese 1.21 was already included in the western's FW 1.20 patch.

What I assume is they put the Japanese 1.22 (leaderboard stability fix) but i don't know.... maybe those number number signs?

Finally came back to 7-5 and finished it. Setting everyone to Prioritize Revival turned out to be the most important part - and even then, I failed the mission once while practicing on ad-hoc after finally severing all the boxes.

I brought Kai and Sergio in the hope that they could help with severing the boxes (since they are the only characters equipped for it). Unfortunately they won't do that if set to Prioritize Revival... and yet Sergio will still use his rocket launcher, which causes the chains to be released sooner than you planned anyway. At least it's much slower this way.

Top Bottom