• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Haven't played much at all yet. How important is the co-op aspect of the game? Will I be fine playing the game alone later on? Do you see this game's community living well into the next year?

Or should I start playing right away?

Haven't played much at all yet. How important is the co-op aspect of the game? Will I be fine playing the game alone later on? Do you see this game's community living well into the next year?

Or should I start playing right away?

The game is much more fun in co-op but it's still enjoyable solo. You're kinda late though as most rooms seems to have shifted towards Code 8+ missions. Even in the occasional low code room you'll find a majority of OP people (and as soon as the host leaves it becomes yet another Special Ops room). I guess you can create a room yourself and kick OP guys out (anyone with a sentence lower than 900k), or maybe just let them in if you want to reach Code 8 ASAP.

m@cross

Having finish Senran, I am finally digging into this on my VITA.

I think I am close to 4 now, have all conditions met for the test other than the years.

Does anyone have any general advice on things I should not miss doing? Generally I am doing the missions as they becomes available, selling the majority of the loot I find, and am sticking with specific party members when possible.

baekshi

Banned
Costume Pack B:
http://godeaterlove.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-270.html
IYsLsb6.jpg

Costume Pack C:
http://commu.jp.playstation.com/blog/details/20140723_fw-sound.html?c=0&t=0&s=0&commentId=178807
20140723_fw-sound_06.jpg
20140723_fw-sound_05.jpg

baekshi

Banned
So the album I linked mixed them up, aye? I'll edit that.

Yeah, just look at the highlights. Super Peace suit is Pack B, and Legionnaire Drifter is Pack A.

In Japan, pack A was bonus of vjump, Pack B was bonus of the guide book and Pack C was bonus of OST.

Really nice to see them come on the PS Store here.

YoungOne

So would it be best to take the advanced weapon route as soon as I hit level 5 or go through all the way to 10 then do the advanced weapon route?

So would it be best to take the advanced weapon route as soon as I hit level 5 or go through all the way to 10 then do the advanced weapon route?

When starting the advanced route you will be set to the same stats no matter what level you had before. No reason to do it later.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, I think I'm sending this back. I enjoy the gameplay, but there's too much running back and forth, talky talky stuff for this kind of game, in my opinion. Wish it were more MH-y.

I know, there are a lot of MH clones, but I just prefer that. Also, the fact that I'm late to the party in terms of co-op really puts a damper on the experience. Oh well, at least I tried.

dkoy

Yeah, I think I'm sending this back. I enjoy the gameplay, but there's too much running back and forth, talky talky stuff for this kind of game, in my opinion. Wish it were more MH-y.

I know, there are a lot of MH clones, but I just prefer that. Also, the fact that I'm late to the party in terms of co-op really puts a damper on the experience. Oh well, at least I tried.

There's less running around after CODE2 since you get fast travel if you can stick it out long enough, though the talking doesn't really end I guess. You probably shouldn't have expected anything MH-like if you wanted a good time :/

baekshi

Banned
Yeah, that's what I mean :(

If you have powered up barbara , there should be no problems alone ;p

Adding DLC stuff on front page soon!

edit: Seems like Costume Pack A and Color A were taken down because of the wrong description so will be back soon...

Shengar

Took Spec Ops 100 for the Ruined Cable, farmed all resources point but get none, then abandon the operation to retry it because I think it'll only disappear if I completed it. Turned out it's gone even if you failed. Even not discounting the RNG factor when farming resources point, the idea of placing one material on a one-time-only mission that you received after doing bunch of contributions, but then it's not guaranteed for you to have it!

I'm done with this game (unless I can someone to adhoc coop with reliably). I've finished the story but the absurdity of the RNG really pushed me. Freedom Wars gameplay is really great, holding so much potential. I'm not against random factor, but with all that random number generator involved here, it's just too much for me. I sincerely hope that they tone down the over gratuitous RNG in the expansion, if they really planned it at all (the sales overseas especially East Asia seems amazing, so it could be there).

m@cross

Anyone have a website or some other source for helping with weapons. I am upgrading and modifying things, but I am just randomly guessing what to add, not sure if there is a way to know what does what in this process.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Took Spec Ops 100 for the Ruined Cable, farmed all resources point but get none, then abandon the operation to retry it because I think it'll only disappear if I completed it. Turned out it's gone even if you failed. Even not discounting the RNG factor when farming resources point, the idea of placing one material on a one-time-only mission that you received after doing bunch of contributions, but then it's not guaranteed for you to have it!

I'm done with this game (unless I can someone to adhoc coop with reliably). I've finished the story but the absurdity of the RNG really pushed me. Freedom Wars gameplay is really great, holding so much potential. I'm not against random factor, but with all that random number generator involved here, it's just too much for me. I sincerely hope that they tone down the over gratuitous RNG in the expansion, if they really planned it at all (the sales overseas especially East Asia seems amazing, so it could be there).

Yeah, the RNG really suck. I need to restart for 1 hours till i got the Ruined cable ultra high. Lot of home+close.

people

Maybe they will get it right for the EU store.

So, in the EU Store the Legionnaire Drifter outfit (Pack A?) is labeled "Ghillie Suit Costume Pack". Super Peace Suit (Pack B?) is labeled correctly. I can't find Pack C, unless it's labeled as a Citizen pack or something..

So, what does the Accessory Voice DLC do? The Italian store describes it as "Customize the Female/Male Accessory's voice", which would be awesome if true... but I guess it just adds another voicetype?

maouvin

So, what does the Accessory Voice DLC do? The Italian store describes it as "Customize the Female/Male Accessory's voice", which would be awesome if true... but I guess it just adds another voicetype?

It's just three new voice pitches. There's a video showing them on the OP.
edit: it's actually on post #7

It's just three new voice pitches. There's a video showing them on the OP - baekshi stealth updated the op with DLC info.

Oh, I'm dumb, I didn't think about checking the OP. That's sad then, while it's nice they're giving more customization options I'd still like the whole sentence customization thing :/
It stings even more when characters ingame talk about changing their Accessories' voice and phrases...

edit: ^ oh, post 7 it is then. Thank you :)

baekshi

Banned
Are there any samples of the new voice packs?

Yes, I added them. See above posts.

It's just three new voice pitches. There's a video showing them on the OP.
edit: it's actually on post #7

Updating slowly so will repost here when done. Does anyone happen to have back view of Costume Pack C (Fine Furs Female, variant 3)???

I haven't bought that US costume pack yet but if not, I'll be launching my Japanese version to grab screenshot later.

Yes, I added them. See above posts.

Updating slowly so will repost here when done. Does anyone happen to have back view of Costume Pack C (Fine Furs Female, variant 3)???

I haven't bought that US costume pack yet but if not, I'll be launching my Japanese version to grab screenshot later.

Here's an album I shamelessly stole from reddit.

hurzelein

Sorry to push this with a pretty stupid question, but I don't want to search the whole thread and google & neogaf search couldn't find anything:

I started the game, created my charakter for 1 hour (I'm very picky). Atfer 10 min I find myself in the cell and now I need to create my charakter again? I can't find a way out of the menu, what the heck is this?

baekshi

Banned
Sorry to push this with a pretty stupid question, but I don't want to search the whole thread and google & neogaf search couldn't find anything:

I started the game, created my charakter for 1 hour (I'm very picky). Atfer 10 min I find myself in the cell and now I need to create my charakter again? I can't find a way out of the menu, what the heck is this?
That will be your accessory.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can anyone give me hints for the third part of the "COD 8 exam"? It's really frustrating to beat the first 2 parts, losing at the third and doing everything from the beginning.
What are the best weapons, items, tactics, commands, comrades etc for it? How to deal with
chains?

Top Bottom