• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars |OT| Vita's imprisonment for million years

Edgeward

Beat it. Code 7 is humongous bullshit. If I didn't beat the story missions earlier online, I would have been pissed to do the final three missions all over again because I died on the final boss. I wanted to beat it single player but getting no reprieve from all the claws spraying shit everywhere while flying all over the screen was no fun at all. Just horrible design, thankfully it is much easier online when you have competent allies. Now to just unlock these code 8 missions and the real grind begins.

m@cross

Beat it. Code 7 is humongous bullshit. If I didn't beat the story missions earlier online, I would have been pissed to do the final three missions all over again because I died on the final boss. I wanted to beat it single player but getting no reprieve from all the claws spraying shit everywhere while flying all over the screen was no fun at all. Just horrible design, thankfully it is much easier online when you have competent allies. Now to just unlock these code 8 missions and the real grind begins.

Came to this thread to rant about what you posted. Playing this last night, made it to the final mission. Got final boss down to 3 boxes with 2 claws out. Died to a 1 shot just as the claws destroyed my entire NPC group and I was in the middle of trying to active an auto-revive item.

Said to myself; I hope to god this game doesn't make me redo those other two fights before I can try this again.... shit design ruins the end of a solid game. At what point did the designers not get the memo that it is not 1990 and people HATE having to spend about an hour to run bullshit fights to attempt boss fights. EVERY fight in this game is relatively the same categories of fights, but the last one. I get they want to make it hard, but raining spaz claws that routinely flatten entire groups and never let you react once they knock you down.....

Yah, I am not an expert player, but I did grind a decent amount to get good weapons. These fights take time, and I'd estimate just getting to try the boss takes me 40-60 minutes of pre-final fights.

Not sure I am going to bother beating this now, even after sleeping I am aggravated thinking about having to do the routine. I guess I could try the online help version, but that could be shit as well.

BAD call guys and girls, leave this sort of shit back in the games from 20-30 years ago.

maouvin

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with the factories, besides slapping a bunch of random weapons together for upgrades or mods. I'm assuming I'm making my stuff better, but it isn't always very clear, and I wouldn't have a clue what I'm supposed to do with the millions of other parts and spare weapons I'm accumulating. Now I've unlocked Augments too, and my head hurts.

Combining weapons will may make the original one get some of the special attributes of the absorbed one, as well some new stuff. It's somewhat random, and you can have good attributes replaced by bad ones doing that, but as long as you don't get bad (orange) attributes you'll be fine at least through CODE 6.
To really buff your weapons, upgrade them instead of merging.

/r/freedomwars' wiki have some stuff that you could give a read about weapons (and almost everything else) - endgame stuff, but good stuff anyway.

CODE 6 at the moment, having a blast up until now :)
I get connection porblems since a few days ago though, the game keeps telling me my connection is NAT Type 3, even though I didn't change anything from when it worked correctly. I hope to resolve this soon, because I can't play online 'cause of this.

And dat OST, sogood.gif

edit: favorite track, Oberon-2 (plays while walking on Citizen's Promenade - I think only when CODE 6+)

SerTapTap

I can only assume I'm nearing the end of code 7. I still don't mind the story, but there's a few issues:

- Failing a mission should not require you to view the cutscene to get it again. I have no idea why this happens
- Cutscenes should be skippable
- Fast Travel should unlock much earlier or at least be seen as something that's coming up. I was horrified until I got fast travel, story stuff is mostly a breeze since
- There either shouldn't be fetch quests, or they should only be "collect" missions where you actually go to a combat map and stuff. Randomly going to the cell garden is weird
- I'm personally ambivalent on the "stealth" sections, but they really don't add much to the game (other than a feeling of "why don't they just use cameras why am I not getting in trouble for this"), are extremely easy and could be removed without losing anything
- Not being able to fast-travel from the cell is kind of silly. Make it an entitlement, but let me do it.

Still though, if every JRPG had Freedom War's warp-directly-to-next-conversation and objective marker I would be SO RELIEVED. I love the objective thingy. Why why why is this not in everything.

Soulhouf

Came to this thread to rant about what you posted. Playing this last night, made it to the final mission. Got final boss down to 3 boxes with 2 claws out. Died to a 1 shot just as the claws destroyed my entire NPC group and I was in the middle of trying to active an auto-revive item.

Said to myself; I hope to god this game doesn't make me redo those other two fights before I can try this again.... shit design ruins the end of a solid game. At what point did the designers not get the memo that it is not 1990 and people HATE having to spend about an hour to run bullshit fights to attempt boss fights. EVERY fight in this game is relatively the same categories of fights, but the last one. I get they want to make it hard, but raining spaz claws that routinely flatten entire groups and never let you react once they knock you down.....

Yah, I am not an expert player, but I did grind a decent amount to get good weapons. These fights take time, and I'd estimate just getting to try the boss takes me 40-60 minutes of pre-final fights.

Not sure I am going to bother beating this now, even after sleeping I am aggravated thinking about having to do the routine. I guess I could try the online help version, but that could be shit as well.

BAD call guys and girls, leave this sort of shit back in the games from 20-30 years ago.

I died to that boss 3 times but to be fair, it didn't really bother me since I'm used to that old school game design.

What pisses me off on the other hand is how broken the physics in this game are, how some commands don't execute when you need them, how the simple press on a sub menu has 1 second of lag, how the weapons feel completely off, how when your accessory comes to revive you, spends 1 second looking at you with their weapon pointed at your head before deciding to take action... and the list is long.
This is almost a kusoge level of quality.

Doombear

Snagged a PSTV yesterday and jumped back in to continue grinding end game stuff. It looks pretty damn good on the TV!

That final fight is rough if you don't know what to expect. It is the only mission I jumped online for. Then I just did the first two parts and used my Pass Certificate for that part.

Having spent a good amount of time grinding my weapons up I am now a bit better at soloing it. The game has its faults but I am really excited to see what they do next if there is a follow up.

SerTapTap

I mostly use the PS TV though I switch between both. Only problem on the PS TV is the rim lighting exaggerates the aliasing on the models. It makes me hope they make another/ a "G" edition that's on PS4 as well. Even if the models/textures aren't too much better, great IQ and 60 FPS would be great, I like the art style of the characters and the look of the monsters. It's also one of few times I've been proud of my created character. In Monster Hunter I spent 5 minutes trying to look as little like an ogre as I could

Pics_nao

Finally got back into this again after taking a break for the Senrans. Got me a rank 7 late bloomer Barbara. I'm probably not gonna get any luckier and I really don't feel like save scumming anymore than I have already. I can just start upgrading it now and just add modules as I level it up right?

Edgeward

level to advance, feed it elemental weapons first to whatever combination you want, then you can add mods and remove any unwanted ones.

You may need to do this step before feeding it elementals

Step 4 – If need be, maximize the weapon’s damage by combining it with a “best-in-class” weapon
The point of this step is if your Late Bloomer is not already best-in-class (right at 15%), feeding it a best-in-class from any of the four brackets will bump your main weapon damage up to its maximum potential.
Best-in-class refers to the damage of the weapon relative to its bracket. Remember how a Late Bloomer is a weapon in the bottom 15% bracket of the possible damage range? There are four such brackets: Late Bloomer (0-15%), Random (16-35%), Normal (36-47%), and Early Bloomer (48-100%). Best-in-class refers to weapons that has the highest damage for the bracket it is in. In other words, any weapons right up to the 15%, 35%, 47%, or 100% mark is best-in-class for their own bracket.
Using the earlier example, if your level 1 Damascus Knife happens to be 175 damage, we know it’s a Late Bloomer, but also that it’s below the theoretical max of 180. This means when you level it up, it will scale accordingly and always fall behind another Late Bloomer that started out at 180. Now, if you feed it with, say, another Damascus Knife with 227 damage (best-in-class from the Early Bloomer bracket), it will bump your Late Bloomer’s damage up to theoretical max of 175, and it will scale up from there as you upgrade. Again, you could actually feed your main weapon with any weapon type of any damage bracket, as long as it’s the highest damage of its bracket.

Got a question. Do you have to do Code 8 quests offline first before being able to select them for online? I tried to do the first one online but there wasn't any tab to select them.

Do you have to do Code 8 quests offline first before being able to select them for online? I tried to do the first one online but there wasn't any tab to select them.

I just tried this, and it seems that I can select them online even before being able to select them offline. I haven't unlocked 8-2 yet, but I can select up to 8-3.

Edgeward

hmmm, gonna try again later then. AI is good enough to distract the bipeds but it was pretty much up to me to kill them. And forget it when one has a shield generator.

PaulloDEC

I recently completed the third optional mission in CODE 4, and the annoyances are starting to build. I really wish there was a "For the love of god, stay out of trouble" button for my Accessory, who I seem to spend an awful lot of time reviving. The way the monsters stomp the ground tends to make it an even bigger issue, where you and your comrades frequently get stuck in loops of being stomped mid-revive. I've just finished an Accessory rescue mission, and between the endlessly spawning flying robots and the constant monster reinforcements I'm feeling pretty exhausted.

Also, am I imagining it or will your buddies not revive your Accessory for you?

Anyway, I'm still having fun for now but I suspect this'll be one of those games that gets too hard for me to ever finish. The core gameplay itself is a lot of fun, and I'd absolutely love to play a game like this (a sequel perhaps?) with a full team of real players equipped with mics.

Combining weapons will may make the original one get some of the special attributes of the absorbed one, as well some new stuff. It's somewhat random, and you can have good attributes replaced by bad ones doing that, but as long as you don't get bad (orange) attributes you'll be fine at least through CODE 6.
To really buff your weapons, upgrade them instead of merging.

/r/freedomwars' wiki have some stuff that you could give a read about weapons (and almost everything else) - endgame stuff, but good stuff anyway.

Cheers for the info. I'm starting to get the hang of modifying, but I haven't upgraded anything in a while due to lack of parts.

I've recently concluded that the most important key to keeping everyone alive is to keep yourself out of trouble. Have two healers, and run up to one whenever you're low on health. Learn to revive using the thorn from a distance, and start reviving other people yourself whenever at least two human teammates are taken out. Learn all the abductor attack visual cues. Everyone is far more likely to stay alive when you do.

All AI teammates will only revive their own accessories.

Also, this game does have voice chat in co-op. I don't know if anyone uses it, though.

PaulloDEC

I've recently concluded that the most important key to keeping everyone alive is to keep yourself out of trouble. Have two healers, and run up to one whenever you're low on health. Learn to revive using the thorn from a distance, and start reviving other people yourself whenever at least two human teammates are taken out. Learn all the abductor attack visual cues. Everyone is far more likely to stay alive when you do.

My frustration in this case came mainly from a mission in a pretty tight corridor of the industrial environment, in which we were facing three Abductors as well as about a dozen respawning flying drones (including the ones with spinning blades who can burn in hell).

I'll definitely take some of those tips into account in future matches. I didn't realise you could revive with the Thorn, which seems like a huge help when your teammates go down literally right underneath a butt-stomp-happy Abductor.

All AI teammates will only revive their own accessories.

I can't help but feel like this is kinda silly. I'll give the order for my teammates to prioritise revival, and yet they'll do laps around my Accessory while she lies face-down waiting to be captured. If they really wanted to push this, you'd think they'd have come up with a story reason for why a Sinner can only interact with their own Accessory.

Also, this game does have voice chat in co-op. I don't know if anyone uses it, though.

In my region I've got no hope of a decent online game anyway. I tried one last night, and needless to say the people I got matched with weren't even from the same country as I am. Essentially unplayable with that kind of network environment.

Unrelated, I really enjoyed the CODE 5 Exam mission. Three Abductors (but not three at a time), desert map, not too heavy on the flying robots. Good stuff.

Tigress

Alright, got a few more questions.

1. I accidentally skipped a lot of pages it was giving me on how to do co op when I first opened it up. Is there anywhere I can find those instructions again?

2. In Co op, if I want a friend to join, does she just have to be code 2 or above, or can she only join if she's within a certain range of code from me (like does she have to be at least one code below me or higher or can she be any code level regardless of my code level)? All I noticed is that it only allows me to set minimum as low as code 2 but I'm code 3 so I don't know if code 2 is standard minimum or if she has to be at least one level below me.

3. I lost the character Carlos already (he doesn't show up on my list of AI I can recruit). Is that an in story reason that I couldn't help or did I probably do something to lose him? If it is the latter, is there any way to get him back. I know there's a spoiler for him regarding the end (I don't want to know anymore than I do) because when I tried to look it up all I could find was the ending. But I'm pretty sure that ending spoiler isn't what happened yet (I'm only code 3).

4. Also, do you need to start doing more stuff to reach the next code? I'm already at Code 3 and it sounds like Code 8 is where the end game happens. If I'm going through codes as quickly as I am now it won't take long to get there (I do realize that it does spike in difficulty around 7 or 8 maybe even 6? but I'm hoping there's a decent amount of game before that point cause I know if it gets too frustrating I may not go past that difficulty spike. Though right now I'm finding it pretty easy <- famous last words).

people

Alright, got a few more questions.

ad 1. You can re-read the instructions about Co-op by talking to your Accessory in your Cell
  • View Re-Education Materials
    • Lessons in Life
      • Requesting Cooperation
      • Co-operative Online Operations
ad 2. For your friend to be able to join you in Co-op, she needs to unlock the Entitlement (around CODE 2) and have a compatible version of the game. There are no level range requirements or restrictions for people of different CODE levels. When creating a room the "Operational Restrictions" setting's minimum is "Minimum CODE 2", but keep it mind it actually means mission selection is limited to maximum CODE 2.
Note that the above is true for Online Play, there are no settings for room creation in Ad Hoc mode.

ad 3. Without spoiling too much: While advancing through the 'story' you unlock Comrades to bring along on missions. For some missions the team will be fixed, for others you can choose who to bring along and some missions you have to complete on your own. During the story some characters may not be available at all times.

Tigress

ad 1. You can re-read the instructions about Co-op by talking to your Accessory in your Cell <Snipped for space>

Thank you, that was very helpful :). I'm absolutely loving this game (and excited I talked my cousin into getting it so I'll have some one I know who I can play with. and who may not be super way better than I am so I feel bad for being so lame).

SerTapTap

Oh my GOD who thought it was a good idea to chain three missions together, only the last of which is ACTUALLY hard but your progress is erased if you lose at any point. Christ.

Edit: This final(?) boss is the WORST. They took an actually fine boss design and threw in way too many insanely high health trash mobs. Can anyone code 7 or above help me with this?

Edgeward

Fought my first dragon, two in fact because it was a retribution. Jesus, that was stressful. Ended up surviving with only one life left. online has been great to me, lots of people still play and connection has held up. Which is good cause some of these later missions take a while.

Oh my GOD who thought it was a good idea to chain three missions together, only the last of which is ACTUALLY hard but your progress is erased if you lose at any point. Christ.

Edit: This final(?) boss is the WORST. They took an actually fine boss design and threw in way too many insanely high health trash mobs. Can anyone code 7 or above help me with this?

I can help you. Let me know when. The best way is to take care the boxes first, that way he can revive them when he falls to the ground. Do not drag him down, this is what triggers his reviving technique.

PaulloDEC

GAH. I really, really hate the need to babysit your Accessory. I swear both friends and enemies will actively throw themselves into the path of your Thorn in an attempt to prevent you from reviving them.

Edgeward

Is there a way to figure out the base element stats or view them? Getting tough to manage how to get an even distribution when you randomly get element up/down

SerTapTap

Fought my first dragon, two in fact because it was a retribution. Jesus, that was stressful. Ended up surviving with only one life left. online has been great to me, lots of people still play and connection has held up. Which is good cause some of these later missions take a while.

I can help you. Let me know when. The best way is to take care the boxes first, that way he can revive them when he falls to the ground. Do not drag him down, this is what triggers his reviving technique.

I'm not dragging it down at all, just cutting off the boxes that I assume spawn the chains. But the way it was going, it was going to die around the time I was done cutting. I just need to actually be respawned instead of my entire team dying at the same time because the Chains OHKO everyone, attack constantly, have high health health and move around very fast.

Heard you can hide in the little corridor near the exit door and the chains can't hurt you, is that true/does it help?

Might take you up on that offer tomorrow. PSN in profile

Edgeward

I played the whole game up to Code 7 offline. There is a story mode, all the missions are the same on and offline so if any are too hard you can always jump online to tackle them and then you get a permit you can use to complete and progress the story in singleplayer.

Heard you can hide in the little corridor near the exit door and the chains can't hurt you, is that true/does it help?

Might take you up on that offer tomorrow. PSN in profile

It works so long as the chains aren't spewing their breath attacks. So there is some luck involved but it is a good piece of strategy. I did it solo because I needed the materials and it saved my hide a couple times.

When it gets to the 30% portion and if there are a bit too many chains still alive, you could always just go all in and chain yourself up to the boss and blast away on the statue on its head.

SerTapTap

If I want to grind that mission do I have to do the other two parts first? I honestly hate that more than the chains, waste of my damn time

Edgeward

Not after you complete the game. Once you beat that mission, you can replay each of the 3 consecutive missions individually. Which is good, because each one serves a purpose in terms of farming.

I won't be home tomorrow but any day after I can help

Minimize dealing actual damage to the boss while cutting off the boxes. It's the amount of health remaining that determines whether more of the chains enter the fight.

Set your team to Prioritize Revival in order to minimize their attacks. In my experience, this makes a huge difference in making the last four chains release later.

Also, there is a best order for cutting off the boxes. Basically, do the bottom row first, then the corners, then the rest.

PaulloDEC

Is the game worth playing solo? Does it have storymode and such?

I'd say so, and lots of other people here have answered the same when asked. I've played about 17 hours now, all solo. If you enjoy the core gameplay experience, i.e. taking down large monsters with a team of AI characters you should have a good time.

As for the story, there is one, but there might as well not be. Very thinly drawn, not very engaging. The world the game is set in is far more interesting than anything I've found in the story thus far.

Kumubou

You can also drag the chains down, which keeps you moving while working on them and also makes it easier to actually attack them -- they take a lot more damage if you shoot/hit them in the head.

When the chains are out, you can set your teammates to "Suppress Personnel" and they'll start attacking the chains. They won't do a great job of it, but they will get them cleared out sooner or later.

You might also want to equip the Last Legs augmentation, as it significantly increases the bleedout time after you run out of life. It means that you can actually have one of the AIs run over to you, get clipped by a random chain and still have enough time to revive you.

Regarding playing the game offline... you can definitely do it (I played through all of the story missions solo), but honestly, you should play online. Even bad players have much better awareness than the AI, and the game's community has a very low asshat rate. The biggest issue you'll run into is the wack-ass netcode. Thankfully the game is lenient enough that it usually works, even under some bad lag.

SerTapTap

Is the game worth playing solo? Does it have storymode and such?

I would say so and I've played the entire game solo up to the final boss. I can certainly see how the final boss is possible without help, though I might resort to it personally. The story is a bit disappointing, the world it creates/the lore is much more interesting than most of what "really" happens story-wise. Still worth a play regardless IMO, though for postgame stuff there's the standard grind + co op all but required as in every hunting game ever. But I've gotten my money's worth before even finishing story mode IMO.

people

I'm still playing this game frequently and am still available to help others pass (parts of) the CODE 8 exam if/after they found it too frustrating offline with AI. Likewise, I don't mind helping out grinding/farming specific missions for resources/parts.
PSN id is on the GoogleDoc/profile, friend requests without note typically get ignored though.

SerTapTap

Why is everyone such an asshole in this game? I'm at Code 7 and their assholery just doesn't let up.

You are a "criminal" deemed worthless without constant contribution in a dystopia. Of course they're assholes to you. If anything the game is too lenient due to gameplay reasons, what you go through in code 1 & 2 seems more reasonable for what the majority of Sinners experience.

So can I switch Panopticon once I picked mine? Gonna play it for a little bit.

Your panopticon is basically irrelevant. It's just a leaderboard, it doesn't prevent you from playing with/against people if that's what you're thinking.

I think I'm at the submission point because this final boss has broken me down.

In my most recent failure I got the stupid thing down to 10% and I swear it was like the game got pissed and the chains were just freaking everywhere breathing fire.

jorgeton

I picked this up over the holidays and it's been a blast. Code 5 atm and really enjoying hopping into multiplayer or redoing missions to grind for materials. My favorite part has to be hopping on an abductor and cutting off limbs. I was playing it in the subway and got a little too into it.. oh the looks I got..

Anyway, I've been reading around and it looks like the endgame is a total mess. Is this true? Why?

SerTapTap

Pro tip: You can revive people with the thorn. I don't recall ever being told this in-game and the AI sure as hell never does it.

I think I'm at the submission point because this final boss has broken me down.

In my most recent failure I got the stupid thing down to 10% and I swear it was like the game got pissed and the chains were just freaking everywhere breathing fire.

The chains are just terrible design. We should all team up, I think we then get a "you win" token to skip the mission when you play it on your own copy.

How does sustainability work in multiplayer? If one person is left standing but sustainability goes to 0 do you still fail?

I picked this up over the holidays and it's been a blast. Code 5 atm and really enjoying hopping into multiplayer or redoing missions to grind for materials. My favorite part has to be hopping on an abductor and cutting off limbs. I was playing it in the subway and got a little too into it.. oh the looks I got..

Anyway, I've been reading around and it looks like the endgame is a total mess. Is this true? Why?

It's just the final boss I think. Imagine a bog standard boss that spawns lots of trash minions. Now turn each of those trash minions into tanky speed demons that have extremely high damage area of affect attacks and constant aggro. Also your team mates are complete idiots. I have no idea who thought this was reasonable. I've enjoyed pretty much everything else though.

jorgeton

It's just the final boss I think. Imagine a bog standard boss that spawns lots of trash minions. Now turn each of those trash minions into tanky speed demons that have extremely high damage area of affect attacks and constant aggro. Also your team mates are complete idiots. I have no idea who thought this was reasonable. I've enjoyed pretty much everything else though.

Yikes. Well, that'll be interesting.

Someone in MP initiated a mission with the last boss so I know what you're talking about. Didn't realize that was the last boss til now. Yeah, those chains were a bitch. Needless to say, we did not win that fight.

maouvin

Beyond the final boss, the other endgame issues are the randomness of weapon crafting (it's manageable to some extent), as well as the RNG needed to get some high grade ingredients - depending on your weapon "element" (stun, in this case), you'll need to get an field item that spawns randomly on two missions that are given to you randomly.

You don't need dat perfect gear, of course, but if you have no plans of playing multiplayer, you'll fail some missions by timeout.

You are a "criminal" deemed worthless without constant contribution in a dystopia. Of course they're assholes to you. If anything the game is too lenient due to gameplay reasons, what you go through in code 1 & 2 seems more reasonable for what the majority of Sinners experience.

Well then I want to revolt. Not even my cell gets that much nicer. It simply goes from a concrete texture to a white padded texture. I was expecting maybe a Monster Hunter-like progression where you go from Pig Sty to a King sized bedroom or something.

But an actual real gameplay gripe of mine is the modification system. How come I combine something with say, a Power Up (L) and Critical Up (L) and I end up getting a weapon with Power Down (M)? I don't mind a level of randomness a la the Persona 3/4 fusing (although Golden just said fuck it and let you pick and choose), but don't toss in random attributes that aren't even in my ingredients. Even if you can pay someone to remove an attribute, it just seems like more needless RNG that encourages more farming.

One small trick mentioned earlier in the thread is that adding on the positive counterpart for a negative mod tends to help wipe out the negative mod.

I just wanted to say: after well over 50 hours using the Technical control scheme, the Sprinter scheme is a revelation. Everything is just a little bit more intuitive now - using separate buttons for dodge and sprint makes dodging easier, shooting is still on the shoulder buttons, you won't accidentally waste items anymore if you miss an O button prompt, and of course running and camera controls are no longer mutually exclusive.

The other remarkable thing is how compatible all the control schemes are. Learning one doesn't make your brain unable to accept the others.

SerTapTap

But an actual real gameplay gripe of mine is the modification system. How come I combine something with say, a Power Up (L) and Critical Up (L) and I end up getting a weapon with Power Down (M)? I don't mind a level of randomness a la the Persona 3/4 fusing (although Golden just said fuck it and let you pick and choose), but don't toss in random attributes that aren't even in my ingredients. Even if you can pay someone to remove an attribute, it just seems like more needless RNG that encourages more farming.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of crafting to start with (hence I generally avoid most games like this and why Soul Sac was my prior favorite), the random element is really annoying to add on to that. I prefer what Mercenary Kings does. Only RNG is drops, then you combine weapon parts to get what you want, and stuff never really feels like a waste either since a part you make might be just what you need for a later weapon.

I just wanted to say: after well over 50 hours using the Technical control scheme, the Sprinter scheme is a revelation. Everything is just a little bit more intuitive now - using separate buttons for dodge and sprint makes dodging easier, shooting is still on the shoulder buttons, you won't accidentally waste items anymore if you miss an O button prompt, and of course running and camera controls are no longer mutually exclusive.

You're making me want to try it, now. I'll give it a shot tonight!

I'm now at a point where almost everything I still have to do is complete at least once each mission and then farm in the hopes of getting a/some Late Bloomer Growth Rank 1 weapons of high level.
Because right now my weapons are shite, so I feel I'm not contributing a lot online (part of the reason why I chose to get the healing thorn, at least that way I can heal and revive easily other while they punish the abductors).

Mandelbo

So I'm at CODE 6 now, and it's become apparent that my weapons aren't really doing the job anymore. I have weaponry that I can increase to a "more advanced" level, but I'm not sure which upgrade path I should take. By my logic, the path that increases Will'O damage looks like the one I should take purely because of the material requirements, but I don't want to start hunting for high level materials only to find the upgrade path isn't worth it. Is there a particular upgrade path that's generally more useful than the others or should I not really be worrying about that at this point?

Volcynika

I've beaten the main game (Code 8 and such) and I think I'm at the point where I need to work with people rather than AI. It's just seemingly a bit hard to find people at my level, whenever I do multiplayer search it's always low level players. Blah. I'm not sure what exactly changes about the AI when you unlock higher levels for them though. Not sure how many of GAF still are playing it regularly, but more people to play with is nice. I usually go to Skype or something for voice chat since don't have a good mic for Vita.

Top Bottom