• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

big ander

Granger Danger said:
Haha great.
genericsuperhero said:
The thing I don't get about this whole plot twist is that without Peter, everyone's rationale for everything goes out the window.

Walter wouldn't have crossed over, Universe B wouldn't be in WarGames mode, Walter wouldn't have gone insane, Walternate wouldn't have gone insaner cause he lost his son, Olivia wouldn't have even found Walter when the fringe cases started up, there wouldn't even be fringe cases because the Walternate wouldn't have any reason to invade our world, the machine wouldn't work, Fauxlivia wouldn't have had a baby, and even if she did, who does she think the Dad is, and - oh no I've gone crosseyed.
I'm very sure they will examine this.
PhoncipleBone said:
I was going to say "Remember how many people hated the finale when it aired?" but I actually went back and looked and more people loved it than I recalled, so...I guess I agree: "????????"

This needs to be one of the images for the S4 OT. Someone could get a higher quality version from the Blu-ray when that comes out.

fringe.png

Solo

Olivia and Fauxlivia are going to have to get it on this season. Only their mutual orgasm can free Peter from the shackles of the in-between.

Solo said:
Olivia and Fauxlivia are going to have to get it on this season. Only their mutual orgasm can free Peter from the shackles of the in-between.
That would be a retcon, since Peter originally came from a Walternate orgasm.

Wouldn't it be terrible if Fox gave up on Fringe mid-season 4, started airing it a weird times, and then completely gave up on the show before the end, meaning the finale never gets made, or at best, we had to wait for the DVD months after to see the last episode.

....sorry for making you feel sad.

Big Papa Husker said:
This needs to be one of the images for the S4 OT. Someone could get a higher quality version from the Blu-ray when that comes out.

fringe.png

That is one of the images I was toying with. I have also thought about hiding things in the OP of the thread as well. Like some pictures are links and whatnot. Just for a goof.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Big Papa Husker said:

fringe.png

Walter even slouches. Fantastic.

Some cool S4 nuggets from Lance Reddick (Broyles):

We already know that since Peter sacrificed himself — rather, his existence — for the sake of the rest, there are major adjustments afoot. But how major? For that answer, we turned to inside man Lance Reddick, who breaks down some of the changes we might be seeing in the Fringe division.”Broyles and Peter weren’t that connected, but there is an affection that Broyles started to have with Walter that is gone now,” he says. “Now it’s about keeping the guy functioning so that he can work for us. And even though Olivia is still his top agent, there isn’t necessarily the same kind of paternal relationship that Broyles and Olivia had before.”

The new, subtle approach to their relationship will also be seen in another pairing: Astrid and Walter, says Reddick. “There was a closeness they had that I don’t think necessarily exists,” he says. “So it’ll be interesting once Peter reappears and as the season goes on, we try to figure out who the heck he is and what’s this crazy stuff he’s talking about. How in another reality we all knew each other. And how do we reintegrate that into the story.”

But the twist from last season won’t just fracture relationships. It will also bring together worlds, he reveals. “There may be more interaction in terms of casework between the two universes, which would be very interesting,” he says. “I don’t know that we can do too much of that because it takes so much time to shoot because we’ve gotten multiple versions of people. Particularly if they’re in the same scene because everybody has to play themselves, have a double, do it on green screen, and all that stuff. But it’s very intriguing.” He’s got that right.
(sauce)

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm a big Fringe fan, haven't posted in here before though I don't think, but l'll post once in a while on fringe-forum.com during episodes.

It's basically the only TV show I actively keep up with. I used to watch basically every season of House, but stopped last year for some reason, it's kinda in it it's decline stage. I watched every season of 24 and Prison break, those are gone now though, so Fringe is it for me.

I think it's a really well written show, and I hope they continue with the flashback episodes as well. The only things that kind of bothered me last season is the weird episodes trying to shoehorn William Bell's character back in, with cartoon episodes and Olivia talking like Bell was pretty unintentionally (or maybe intentionally) funny. Also the alt-Olivia and Olivia love triangle stuff just seemed so unfocused to me. I would like to see them push more the end of the world stuff more than just their small little circle of people. It seems like crazy stuff would happen and there would be little to no scope of it to the outside world. The budget cuts probably had to do with that as well, they need to find a way around that.

Anyway, I hope they can put it all together this year, it's likely the last year, but there's always an outside shot it will get renewed, especially with how weak FOX's lineup looks. House is on the decline after so many years around, going through what 24 did, and I don't see stuff like Terra Nova lasting long. Hopefully there's a season 5, but I'm glad they just got this season and a chance to finish off the story.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
One more week until the season 3 DVD/Bluray!! This wait is killing me as much as the wait for season 4. :(

Well, almost.

I am watching the Season 1 episodes I missed on DVD. These monster of the week eps really suck when back to back.

But this one I just started...about the killer butterflies. What the hell was that?! Guy is like "This killer butterfly is going to die! So instead of finding it strange and getting help he investigates the vent. Then hes in the swarm and decides to run out the window instead of the door."

Oh well, at least that part is over.

Sorry for the incredible bump but I imagine it's a relevant place to put this given it's an official thread.

Finally getting around to watching this show and I just got to the third season episode where the long dead Bell enter's Olivia's mind through a bell and now Olivia is talking in a really, really bad gravel voice. I'm pretty sure this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a show. I heard that the show goes in a really weird direction in the next season and I'm praying this has nothing to do with it.

Sorry for the incredible bump but I imagine it's a relevant place to put this. Finally getting caught up on this show and I just got to the third season episode where the long dead Bell enter's Olivia's mind through a bell and now Olivia is talking in a really, really bad gravel voice. I'm pretty sure this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a show before. I heard that the show goes in a really weird direction in the next season and I'm praying this has nothing to do with it.

Holy crap. Necro bump of doom.

And no, that has nothing to do with the weird direction of season 4. It gets resolved fairly quickly.

Is the policy different for television OTs? Guess I just noticed this isn't in community. Didn't really want to make a lttp thread if I didn't have to.

Top Bottom