• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL |OT| Stories of the Space Oregon Trail

I'm thinking the beam weapon could be even more beneficial to leave up, since unless you mess up a cloak/power surge phase, there's not a lot that can drop your shields for it to even do damage. Also it doesn't seem to be a very strong beam weapon, it only does 1 damage per room IIRC, right? Unless it's a 2 damage and I got hit with one shield up.

Beam weapon breaks off phase 3, meaning hyper AI. The only remaining weapons are Missiles and Laser, and let's face it, Missiles are EVIL.

Remember you can get Rebel ship fights in ANY sector, simply complete the sector then go back to the Rebel sphere of influence and fight one ship after another. It doesn't have to be in sector 8. In fact, it'd be easiest in sector 1, where even Rebel ships have usually 1 or at most 2 shield.

Yeah, forgot about that. Probably should be fixed.

Yeah, but it seems like cheating, so that's why I don't do it. :D I'm not looking to win, I'm looking for a challenge. Since I already know I can beat the game in Normal without it, there's no reason for me to do it.

You beat normal ONCE. Now do it again!

There's another reason not to do it, and that's that it simply removes the fun of seeing your crew level up during the trip. I kind of like the "pling" they make when they reach each mastery level, and don't really want to associate it with leaving the game on for five minutes at the start.

I tend to associate the "pling" with "Oh good, now I don't have to think 'if I only had had slightly faster weapons/shields/better evasion' I could've won." Different strokes though!

LordAlu

Is there a way to teleport your crew back on your ship after sending them to another ship ?
The teleporter has two buttons, one teleports them to the room you select and the other teleports friendly crew members from the room you select. You have to wait for the teleporter to recharge after each use though.

Beaulieu

The teleporter has two buttons, one teleports them to the room you select and the other teleports friendly crew members from the room you select. You have to wait for the teleporter to recharge after each use though.

ok thanks I think I was selecting the room.

that game is pretty cool, got the phase 3 of the boss for the first time today, then got violently killed.

One question. How can i prevent that i cant see my empty rooms in my ship when im in the Nebula Fog?

Lost my whole Team in an instant because they couldnt breath anymore. Was in S7 with a really really good build.

Fire while in a nebula is quite a big hazard, as you only see if a room is on fire when it has a system on it. Unfortunately there's no way to check all the rooms other than by sending crew to them. That's kind of the point of a nebula.

About not breathing, you had a breach or something? The rooms crew are in are visible and their oxygen level is visible in the shade of pink they have; if there's a breach in a room, close its doors and get people out of it if you can't fix the breach immediately (you should play with all door closed most of the time). Also, there's a ship-wide oxygen indicator that you should use to determine if there are breaches, etc.

If a particular room you need has no oxygen but isn't breached either, you can actually open doors to make oxygen from other rooms flow into it. With a powerful enough oxygen generator, you can actually do this to get oxygen into a room with a breach!

Beam weapon breaks off phase 3, meaning hyper AI. The only remaining weapons are Missiles and Laser, and let's face it, Missiles are EVIL.

Oh yeah, forgot about it breaking off. Yep, laser it is.

You beat normal ONCE. Now do it again!

The logical part of me wants to play in Easy to unlock everything faster (only one ship and two layouts to go). But it's true that it's getting boring to not only win every time, but trample everything. I think I'll start playing in Normal if for no other reason that not to lose interest in the game.

I tend to associate the "pling" with "Oh good, now I don't have to think 'if I only had had slightly faster weapons/shields/better evasion' I could've won." Different strokes though!

I never actually felt it was that huge of a difference, and hardly the difference between winning and losing, though... But yeah, I'll play more on Normal and let you all know how it goes.

Goddamned slugs and their ship, though. They won't give it to me. ;_;

Fire while in a nebula is quite a big hazard, as you only see if a room is on fire when it has a system on it. Unfortunately there's no way to check all the rooms other than by sending crew to them. That's kind of the point of a nebula.

Not quite true. Slugs can see what's going on in every room adjacent to them, even in a nebula.

Not quite true. Slugs can see what's going on in every room adjacent to them, even in a nebula.

Oh yeah, I forgot; I was thinking about them, but only remembered their lifeform detection, which is useless against fires, of course. Still, getting slugs as crew is relatively rare. It IS so awesome when the enemy boards you in a nebula and you immediately know where they are, or, also within a nebula, where to shoot to kill the enemy crew.

Slugs have no disadvantages whatsoever, right? I guess they assumed their abilities weren't strong enough to justify giving them any handicap compared to humans? I'd have to disagree, frankly; they feel too good.

How do I get/buy a system upgrade?

You mean like a teleporter, cloak or drone system? Shops sell them about half of the time. If you simply want to upgrade your existing systems, just click the "Ship" button, the very first tab that open is "Upgrades".

Raptomex

Oh yeah, I forgot; I was thinking about them, but only remembered their lifeform detection, which is useless against fires, of course. Still, getting slugs as crew is relatively rare. It IS so awesome when the enemy boards you in a nebula and you immediately know where they are, or, also within a nebula, where to shoot to kill the enemy crew.

Slugs have no disadvantages whatsoever, right? I guess they assumed their abilities weren't strong enough to justify giving them any handicap compared to humans? I'd have to disagree, frankly; they feel too good.

You mean like a teleporter, cloak or drone system? Shops sell them about half of the time. If you simply want to upgrade your existing systems, just click the "Ship" button, the very first tab that open is "Upgrades".
If I add a power bar to shields for example I can't power it up. It tells me I need to upgrade my system or something like that.

If I add a power bar to shields for example I can't power it up. It tells me I need to upgrade my system or something like that.

You need to upgrade your reactor to generate energy to power the shields. It is upgraded in the same Upgrades screen, lower right, where there's a bunch of bars (25).

My first Normal run with the Rock ship was a complete disaster. It's not enough that it starts with only missile weapons, the 4-5 shops I visited had NO weapons at all, and the four weapons I got were ALL missile weapons! It seemed like the game was playing a joke on me. I got a teleporter and drone system, which helped somewhat, but not nearly enough. Then I hit a string of not finding any shops and ran out of fuel (twice) and ultimately hull. I did beat 2-3 ships after being reduced to exactly 1 hull point, which was intense to say the least, but inevitability caught up with me in the end.

Got the Trusty Auto-Pilot achievement, at least. I got none of the rock ship, even though I did kill several enemy crew in a room that was on fire. Perhaps they themselves weren't standing in it.

Anyhow, enough for today, it's unreasonably late. :D

Edit: I'm too sleepy to have realized this at once, but I'm actually really happy that this game still proves a challenge to me, at least on Normal and with certain ships. Granted, the Rock ship may be one of the most gimped (or not, I haven't played it on Easy), but still. Also, FTL is now my most played game on Steam, at almost 60 hours, out of the over 200 games I've amassed for the past few years. It has surpassed Plants vs Zombies, which has both my and my GF's combined play time. That is... kind of nuts :S. I've had this game for less than 10 days!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn I don't visit the gaming side much but I'm glad to see this game has a strong following. I was actually already doing a lot of the tips in the thread so I'm glad.

I've made it to Sector 8 twice and both times got obliterated by the flagship and its drones. I'll get that fucker next time.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Sweet. Finally finished the game on Easy with the Kestrel.

I didn't even have that much power on me. I had 6 lasers total (starter one, the one a level below it and a hull laser that only shot twice).

The star of that run were the boarding party. One Rock and one Mantis wrecked havoc on pretty much anything that came up. I ended the game with 700+ scrap.

I also had a Drone system installed, which helped greatly, as I had one Anti Personal Drone and a Repair drone that I would manually swap when needed.

I also got the all systems achievement along with it.

Pretty great experience. Game truly is amazing.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
2D78E7A84FAF43EE04A83E31C6DBD8C5F797E2A2
I beat it on easy three minutes before it hit midnight where I live. Only took me 15.8 hours. Finished 2012 off with a bang.
Spiderman3.gif

Colorblind mode maybe?

I think this game is starting to click with me... beat it three times (on easy) in the last few days. I used the starting ship and the Engi ship, which as I understand are some of the easier ones, so it's time to give some other ships a try.

Colorblind mode maybe?

I think this game is starting to click with me... beat it three times (on easy) in the last few days. I used the starting ship and the Engi ship, which as I understand are some of the easier ones, so it's time to give some other ships a try.

I think it may indeed be Colorblind mode. They're gold normally, but the gold vs green I can see being an issue.

Just beat it again with the Red-Tail, for a 5400-ish score. Quite simply, the way to go is with mass lasers. The only thing that can stop you is bad luck! (Hull smasher 2, two Hull smasher 1, and a basic. 8 shots, NOTHING SURVIVES!)

Then did a Nessario run. Managed to get to sector 7 without fighting at ALL. Little disappointed that I got mantis'd so close to sector 8. At least I got all of the Get to Sector 5 achievements.

Danj

Then did a Nessario run. Managed to get to sector 7 without fighting at ALL. Little disappointed that I got mantis'd so close to sector 8. At least I got all of the Get to Sector 5 achievements.

How is that even possible? And how are you supposed to use the Nessario anyway, it has no shields, I get my ass kicked the minute I get into a fight if I try and use it.

How is that even possible? And how are you supposed to use the Nessario anyway, it has no shields, I get my ass kicked the minute I get into a fight if I try and use it.

It starts with Long-Range scanners. With a little luck in the nodes with ships in them, they can all be avoided. With additional luck, the randomized events will supply enough fuel to just keep hopping through.

And with respect to how you're supposed to use it: it has a VERY swingy early game, as far as I can tell. It can do maybe 3 points of damage per full strike early on, but starts with 4 engine and cloaking. Ideally, you want to be able to knock out their weapons between the cloaks and dodging. And as always, running is an option. But after that, you'll want to hopefully get enough scrap to get some real weapons and a shop offering something workable. If you can get together something to actually fight with, you're set.

McNum

Colorblind mode maybe?

Yes, it's the colorblind mode. You will also notice that the energy levels are white instead of green and that there are extra symbols over the enemy systems to show if they're damaged, destroyed or disabled. Not show is that enemy crew have blue health bars and that like the icon, the second level of experience is blue instead of whatever color it as before that I couldn't see the difference between.

Damn I don't visit the gaming side much but I'm glad to see this game has a strong following. I was actually already doing a lot of the tips in the thread so I'm glad.

I've made it to Sector 8 twice and both times got obliterated by the flagship and its drones. I'll get that fucker next time.

For sure! :)

Sweet. Finally finished the game on Easy with the Kestrel.

I didn't even have that much power on me. I had 6 lasers total (starter one, the one a level below it and a hull laser that only shot twice).

The star of that run were the boarding party. One Rock and one Mantis wrecked havoc on pretty much anything that came up. I ended the game with 700+ scrap.

I also had a Drone system installed, which helped greatly, as I had one Anti Personal Drone and a Repair drone that I would manually swap when needed.

I also got the all systems achievement along with it.

Pretty great experience. Game truly is amazing.

Congratulations! There is so much more to this game than meets the eye, it's amazing. Only a few days ago I noticed that the cockpit is a special station, in that it has two different states: "somebody in it" and "being manned". If you have a guy in there, but he's busy repairing it, putting out a fire or fighting someone, it will still enable evading, as if it was manned, but it will not give you the 10% (+ mastery level bonus) the pilot itself provides. This, according to a dev post, is to provide balance, since, otherwise, there's no point (in fact, it's harmful) to it having more than 1 durability (it gets disabled as soon as someone hits it, and takes longer to repair). I should compile a more understandable explanation and add it to my tips.

I beat it on easy three minutes before it hit midnight where I live. Only took me 15.8 hours. Finished 2012 off with a bang.

A literal bang, in fact! I will admit I was playing FTL until a few minutes before midnight, as my GF had to work that night and I was in no condition to go to any friends party.

I've finished the game with the Nesasio. That ship ROCKS. Cloaking and high enough evade can easily tide you over until you buy shields (for 150 scrap, sold in most shops). Heck, in one of my games with it I didn't bother with shields until like sector 6. Priorize engines and cloak, use the cloak early to get a first strike advantage, and you should be fine.

With decent weapons, you can tear apart ships before they even fire a shot most easily with it; heck, its starting weapons are enough to destroy most ships in the first couple of sectors. Cloak, wait for both to charge, shoot the laser at its shield room or weapons, then trace a beam starting with the room you want to destroy first. With good practice you can hit 4-5 rooms even with the minibean in most ships (remember that touching even a pixel of a room's white space will count, try to angle them very slightly across walls).

The one thing that will murder you is beams, more so beam drones. If you're not confident that you can disable its weapons in the initial barrage, try to avoid confrontations or otherwise jump ASAP when you get in a fight with something with a beam.

It starts with Long-Range scanners. With a little luck in the nodes with ships in them, they can all be avoided. With additional luck, the randomized events will supply enough fuel to just keep hopping through.

That is the exact opposite of what you want to do. You use the long-range scanners to fight every ship you come across, giving you a huge advantage early one. If you avoid ships you have no hope to overcome the downward slippery slope, unless you get lucky indeed with events that you should probably not be gambling on anyway.

And with respect to how you're supposed to use it: it has a VERY swingy early game, as far as I can tell. It can do maybe 3 points of damage per full strike early on, but starts with 4 engine and cloaking. Ideally, you want to be able to knock out their weapons between the cloaks and dodging. And as always, running is an option. But after that, you'll want to hopefully get enough scrap to get some real weapons and a shop offering something workable. If you can get together something to actually fight with, you're set.

Let me also add that a ship with cloaking benefits a lot from slow-charing, powerful weapons. At level 3 of cloaking you can charge any weapon in the game with impunity, as even though you'll be out of cloak by the time they charge, the enemy won't have time to charge any of its weapons.

Edit: This Nesasio talk prompted me to try a Nesasio Normal run. So far I'm doing good; I spent the money that I was saving for the shields in a Glaive Beam, which is the exact kind of weapon the Nesasio needs (slow and powerful).

Around the beginning of sector 3:
Around the end of sector 4:

That is the exact opposite of what you want to do. You use the long-range scanners to fight every ship you come across, giving you a huge advantage early one. If you avoid ships you have no hope to overcome the downward slippery slope, unless you get lucky indeed with events that you should probably not be gambling on anyway.

What I wanted to do was get those three achievements for reaching Sector 5. I did EXACTLY what I wanted to do. I was gunning Sector 8 to get the "no hazards" and "no purchases" because I hadn't blown up yet, but I knew I wasn't winning. I didn't have ANY upgrades, after all.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Colorblind mode maybe?
Yes, it's the colorblind mode. You will also notice that the energy levels are white instead of green and that there are extra symbols over the enemy systems to show if they're damaged, destroyed or disabled. Not show is that enemy crew have blue health bars and that like the icon, the second level of experience is blue instead of whatever color it as before that I couldn't see the difference between.
I think it may indeed be Colorblind mode. They're gold normally, but the gold vs green I can see being an issue.
Ah yes, forgot I had it turned on. I didn't bother playing it normally first since I've has problems in the past discerning color.

Just finished my Nesasio run, in a rather anticlimactic way.

After easily shutting down stage one of the boss, but not being able to kill the crew (no mantii or rock people on board my ship, no way to disable the medbay without dealing huge amounts of damage), I struggled hard against damn stage two (again, no strong aliens on board to fight boarding drones effectively, plus my main method for disabling shields, a Breach Missile, was easily stopped via its defense drone).

I was forced to retreat and swap the missile with an Ion Cannon I had. This worked quite better, but eventually was overwhelmed by drones and had to retreat again (my fault, probably; I didn't use the cloak the way it was intended to, instead making use of the Cloaked Weapons augment to eat at its shields with the ion cannon from cloak). I reduced it to about half HP, but was forced to retreat... and unfortunately, the only "clear" node was in the opposite direction of the base, all others were already occupied by rebels.

Long story short, after having to retreat twice, and the last time going west, I couldn't catch up with it again before it reached the Federation base :/ .

Not a bad score, though: 4328.

Balehead

My runs are hindered because the original plan is always to go after the missing ships I've yet to unlock, so I buy stuff that's only needed in those scenarios. Then the game slaps me in the face and gives the first part of the chain in one of the last systems and all there's left to do is try fighting the boss. Or I just don't find the planet that starts the chain...

Just beat the game with the
Zoltan B model, 1 hull left when phase 2 ended and 3rd phase was a breeze compared to that.

My runs are hindered because the original plan is always to go after the missing ships I've yet to unlock, so I buy stuff that's only needed in those scenarios. Then the game slaps me in the face and gives the first part of the chain in one of the last systems and all there's left to do is try fighting the boss. Or I just don't find the planet that starts the chain...

Just beat the game with the
Zoltan B model, 1 hull left when phase 2 ended and 3rd phase was a breeze compared to that.

Yeah, in this run I still tried to unlock the Slug cruiser. Got to the Slug home nebula... as sector 7. :/ I still tried to let every Slug surrender its goods to me rather than destroying them, leading me to be ripped off often (since you can't see beforehand what they'll give you). I mean, 3 fuel and zip else for letting you live? What a bargain! >_>

And yeah, stage 2 seems to be by far the most difficult. Did stage 3 have anything else aside from
the Zoltan shield and the weapon power surge
? Sure feels like a cakewalk compared to the
drone
madness of stage 2... :/

Yeah, in this run I still tried to unlock the Slug cruiser. Got to the Slug home nebula... as sector 7. :/ I still tried to let every Slug surrender its goods to me rather than destroying them, leading me to be ripped off often (since you can't see beforehand what they'll give you). I mean, 3 fuel and zip else for letting you live? What a bargain! >_>

And yeah, stage 2 seems to be by far the most difficult. Did stage 3 have anything else aside from the Zoltan shield and the weapon power surge? Sure feels like a cakewalk compared to the drone madness of stage 2... :/

The entire remaining crew teleports in. Now, if you DIDN'T know to brutally murder as many crew members as possible, you'd get swarmed and overwhelmed pretty quickly.

The entire remaining crew teleports in. Now, if you DIDN'T know to brutally murder as many crew members as possible, you'd get swarmed and overwhelmed pretty quickly.

Oh yeah, that! XD I always found it hilarious how
they suicided against me
. I mean, stage 2 throws
boarding drones at you; how does the game expect you to deal with those and have any kind of problem against regular humans?
:D

Edit: Put spoiler tags on this post and the previous one, sorry about that. :/

Balehead

About phase 3 with my ship:

Zoltan B's layout was wonderful for phase 3 since for some reason they invaded from the back of the ship, with small rooms and a door outside. Took O2 off and opened the ship, by the time they finally made it to my cloaking room they were either dead or weak enough for my single slug to finish the job. Upgraded doors really pay off in that section.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm on my best run yet with the Egni Cruiser. Haven't lost a single dude. Ship is upgraded far beyond my previous best. Got a good set of primary weapons and drones. I'm almost shaking as I enter the Last Stand.

EDIT - That drone phase. :(

EDIT 2 - Am I the only one who instantly quits to desktop after dying on a long run, only to boot the game up again within about 5 minutes?

I'm on my best run yet with the Egni Cruiser. Haven't lost a single dude. Ship is upgraded far beyond my previous best. Got a good set of primary weapons and drones. I'm almost shaking as I enter the Last Stand.

EDIT 2 - Am I the only one who instantly quits to desktop after dying on a long run, only to boot the game up again within about 5 minutes?

I used to do that all the time. I now try to think carefully before doing that, because I know that "I'll just start a new game, play five minutes and quit" turns to a large part of the day suddenly vanishing, and if I just came out from another run that can mean 6-8 hours straight of FTL... :S

I KEEP DOING THAT AND I WANT TO STOP.

...well, no, what I want to do is win with the Nesasio. *opens up FTL again* I should really eat something...

Edit: This is infuriating. The run is going to be rough if you get beam droned right off the bat, as even with careful use of cloak, you're going to take at least one hit. A second beam drone encounter and there just won't be enough scrap to get the Nesasio up to fighting shape.

FTL crashes for me on the 12/3 AMD 12.11 beta drivers, not sure if it has anything to do with the drivers, but still posting..

It's getting really annoying because not only is it random, 10 minutes or 4 hours, whenever it happens it completely deletes my current game save, so I have to start over regardless.

Happened 3 times now, kinda a huge let down :(.

Koroviev

FTL crashes for me on the 12/3 AMD 12.11 beta drivers, not sure if it has anything to do with the drivers, but still posting..

It's getting really annoying because not only is it random, 10 minutes or 4 hours, whenever it happens it completely deletes my current game save, so I have to start over regardless.

Happened 3 times now, kinda a huge let down :(.

What OS are you running?

zer0das

Banned
I had a dreadnaught of a ship that didn't beat the mothership on normal because I accidentally detoured too much after the first phase and couldn't catch back up to it.

I ended up beating it with this ship on normal:

4 crew members, shield and engines only level one vets (some bad boarding incidents)
Level 3 shields in phase 1 (the 17 scrap let me get to level 4 for phase 2 and 3)
Level 4 engines
Level 2 cloak
Weapons maxed (artemis missile, 2 burst lasers 2, 1 hull laser 2)
Drone subsystem, but only a solitary repair drone
Level 2 doors

It was pretty brutal. I didn't know there was a power surge in phase 3, so I stupidly used my cloak early. Fortunately I used a repair beacon the previous turn, so even though my ship got battered, the weapons and cloak stayed up for another 2 super weapon volleys, which was just enough.

I really, really wish I had an anti-personnel drone or doors 3, but I didn't have either of them. Made the last phase a suicide run, but they pulled it out!

Celegus

My ion + boarding crew strategy resulted in my first victory finally! All was nearly lost on the last ship I fought before Sector 8, when I didn't realize the ship was trying to jump and my leveled up boarding party was still on board. Goodbye my brave warriors! So I ended up not even using my teleporter in the last area, but had enough drones and other upgrades to make up for it.

Ok guys, I'm starting to get a basic understanding of what I need to do in this game, but how do I know what part of the enemy ship I should target. Right now I always go for their engine, but I have a feeling that I should be targeting more than one thing at a time.

zer0das

Banned
Ok guys, I'm starting to get a basic understanding of what I need to do in this game, but how do I know what part of the enemy ship I should target. Right now I always go for their engine, but I have a feeling that I should be targeting more than one thing at a time.

Usually weapons/shields is the way to go. I wouldn't target the engine first unless you know they're going to try to jump away.

mercviper

One question. How can i prevent that i cant see my empty rooms in my ship when im in the Nebula Fog?

Lost my whole Team in an instant because they couldnt breath anymore. Was in S7 with a really really good build.

I know this is old and mostly covered, but something not mentioned is that even when your sensors are down, you can hear fire/breach sounds if you have a fire/breach somewhere on your ship. The best way to deal with fire is to vent a path to where the fire is and drain the O2 in the room. If your sensors are down, just vent all the rooms you can't see until you can't hear fire anymore. Then once the fire has died, you can hit 'x' then 'z' to close the airlocks and flood all your rooms with minimal oxygen levels if you need to move around in the vacuumed areas. Obviously don't do this if you have can hear breach sounds. Also make fixing your O2 a priority if that system is damaged as this technique drains your O2 levels to about 20% or less.

I can only that think you had a breach and your O2/doors system was down with open doors for this to happen. But it's all information you can see and deal with anyway... :x

Has anyone tried to find a surefire way to kill anti-ship drones? I read that it will happen randomly if your laser fire runs into the drone, and I've had it happen to me plenty of times. Does this mean if you time your salvo properly you can hit anti-ship drones 100% of the time? This could be really huge considering that I haven't seen the computer replace any lost drones, but that only applies to on-board ones. I haven't really paid attention too much to see if they replace their space drones. If they don't, you can really cripple enemy ship firepower that use drones.

Then once the fire has died, you can hit 'x' then 'z' to close the airlocks and flood all your rooms with minimal oxygen levels if you need to move around in the vacuumed areas. Obviously don't do this if you have can hear breach sounds.

To add to that, an oxygen generator running at 2 bars (not even 3) of power will generate oxygen faster than it drains through a breach, provided you have most internal doors open. This allows you to fix the breach without suffering damage. I haven't tested it with multiple breaches, but perhaps a level 3 generator can overcome those as well.

Has anyone tried to find a surefire way to kill anti-ship drones? I read that it will happen randomly if your laser fire runs into the drone, and I've had it happen to me plenty of times. Does this mean if you time your salvo properly you can hit anti-ship drones 100% of the time? This could be really huge considering that I haven't seen the computer replace any lost drones, but that only applies to on-board ones. I haven't really paid attention too much to see if they replace their space drones. If they don't, you can really cripple enemy ship firepower that use drones.

Intercepting anti-ship drones seems really hard to do, as their movement is really erratic, but I guess it's worth investigating if someone has the time.

God damn stasis pod! I thought I was gonna get lucky. Sold my burst laser for a heavy laser but the hit ratio on it was awful.

Hit ratio is the same for all weapons in the game, right? At least it's not acknowledged otherwise anywhere. Of course, a single shot will have a lower chance of hitting at least once than two shots.

The Heavy Laser is the one that fires once for 2 damage, right? Yeah, not the best weapon in the game. If used against a shield it does the exact same as a Basic Laser, and if used against no shields, any beam is probably better. According to the wiki it takes as much energy and shoots as fast as a Basic Laser, so I guess it's better by definition; on the other hand, that's not exactly an accomplisment. :D

Ok FTL GAF, i caved and just bought FTL through the developer website since it is 4.99 currently, i hope your hype is well justified!!

Top Bottom