• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL |OT| Stories of the Space Oregon Trail

Woorloog

Banned
With a weapons Pre-Igniter @_@
I've never had a ship jump up in power so quickly. That much flak has a profound effect on enemy ships.
*Weird things you notice while playing. Buying the battery backup to power clone bays when needed is one of those obvious things that took me too long to put into practice.

HOLY SHIT!

Flak guns are damn fun weapons. I really want to build quad Flaks at some point, just because. (Or quad Swarm missiles, i had dual Swarms once, damn it was fun).

McNum

Well, this session sure was a case of FTL giveth and FTL taketh away.

First game, Federation B: Didn't even make it out of sector 1 due to misreading the layout and getting caught in a dead-end by the Rebel Fleet.

Second game, Federation B: Ended up with a Clone Bay with a buffer, Cloaking, Mind Control, a Dual Laser, Burst Laser II, Chain Laser, and Chain Ion. And a maxed out Artillery Beam. And a Zoltan Shield.

Beam Spam tactic time? Beam Spam tactic time. Flagship or not, it still only has four layers of shield, and I'm shooting 5-7 lasers and an Ion that builds up in damage. And every 20 seconds it takes 4-5 damage. Really, this boss fight wasn't really a fight. There exists a certain amount of firepower that no boss can withstand.

So yeah, from my worst game ever, to what is quite possibly the best loadout I've gotten yet.

Divius

Man, this game. Have become addicted again since the new content.

Had a pretty smooth run, right up until The Rebel Flagship. He hacked my doors and then shit caught fire everywhere while his rockets pounded away on my hull. Managed to partially fix the doors, but lost 2 crew in the process. Finally this happened:

4C72EC8EF5AFE5ACF6CE19619E2F879412EE9D04

Mr. Eckman there is holding steady at 13hp (+health from the medbay, -health from the lack of oxygen). He can't leave this room. Never. This is so sad.

:c

^ this is sad

I lost count of the times an enemy ship went down in flames or FTL'd out with my boarding crew on it :D. The former barely happens to me now, but I had another case of the latter this week.

Once time I sent my boarding crew to kill the rest of the enemies just to get the scrap bonus, they killed everyone but the enemy ship was in flames and had 2 hull points left, I don't think i need to say what happened

O.DOGG

Man, this game. Have become addicted again since the new content.

Had a pretty smooth run, right up until The Rebel Flagship. He hacked my doors and then shit caught fire everywhere while his rockets pounded away on my hull. Managed to partially fix the doors, but lost 2 crew in the process. Finally this happened:

Mr. Eckman there is holding steady at 13hp (+health from the medbay, -health from the lack of oxygen). He can't leave this room. Never. This is so sad.

:c

A way out would be to upgrade the medbay once which you can do with this amount of scrap. That would heal Eckman fully albeit slowly, and then have him repair the oxygen which is just next door. It's not as hopeless as it seems at first glance.

Divius

A way out would be to upgrade the medbay once which you can do with this amount of scrap. That would heal Eckman fully albeit slowly, and then have him repair the oxygen which is just next door. It's not as hopeless as it seems at first glance.
Oh right, I could do that. I saved the game so I can give it a try for sure. Don't think I will make it past the second phase of the boss though, but I will try anyway :D Thanks for the tip.

edit: yeah it worked but I did not stand a chance against phase 2, was dead within a seconds without doing any damage.

Yup. Having damage buffers is one of the hidden tricks of this game.

Definitely. The great thing about FTL is even when you know the better strategies to play with, you always have choices to make about where to spend money on your ship.

Do I buy level 3 shields or increase my engine for evasion? Do I upgrade piloting or doors now? And so on

Nikodemos

Do I buy level 3 shields or increase my engine for evasion? Do I upgrade piloting or doors now? And so on
Engines are slightly better either very early on, when scrap's rare (since you need two levels of reactor for each bubble), or late, when you've got tons of missiles/bombs/ions. Get shields in the 'middle' sectors. Doors usually beat piloting, due to boarding events.

Engines are slightly better either very early on, when scrap's rare (since you need two levels of reactor for each bubble), or late, when you've got tons of missiles/bombs/ions. Get shields in the 'middle' sectors. Doors usually beat piloting, due to boarding events.

lol I know. I simply meant that you do have choices to make at the expense of other possibilities.

Rubius

Guys, I thought I had it. I had the Cruiser Type A on Easy. I had level 3 shield, I had good weapons, a full crew, a lot of stuff maxed out. And then in the third phase of the last boss I was so low on health that I had to leave . Died from a Rebel ship. How the hell am I supposed to repair my ship during the last boss battle? Can I eliminate other ships to make repair stations reappear?

Guys, I thought I had it. I had the Cruiser Type A on Easy. I had level 3 shield, I had good weapons, a full crew, a lot of stuff maxed out. And then in the third phase of the last boss I was so low on health that I had to leave . Died from a Rebel ship. How the hell am I supposed to repair my ship during the last boss battle? Can I eliminate other ships to make repair stations reappear?

To be honest you really shouldn't need to repair your ship between boss battle phases. One fullish hull health should get you through all three stages

Bah, beat the game on hard with the Zoltan B and Engy A (easiest ship in the game), but I failed twiced at the flagship using the Zoltan C, each time I arrived without any special abilities. You really do need cloak, boarding, or some other ability to make the flagship a pushover.

Kenaras

To be honest you really shouldn't need to repair your ship between boss battle phases. One fullish hull health should get you through all three stages

If you really need to repair, you can use a Hull Repair Drone. Just keep it in your cargo bay, and swap it in after each phase. However, if you need to use this trick, you're probably going to have a rough time on phase three even with full health.

Also, has anyone tried playing Easy with Advanced Edition content disabled? I tried it out earlier today with the Stealth A, and apparently the difficulty has been nerfed. (Compared to pre-patch Easy.) Enemy ships felt easier all the way through and I was swimming in more scrap than I could possibly spend. The real shocker, though, was the end boss having only three levels of Shields.

Newbies who are having trouble with the boss on Easy in Advanced Edition might want to try disabling AE content.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I am best captain ever.
iWPqjs3zGlGg3.png

Phase 1: Burst Laser I, Burst Laser II, Anti-Bio Beam, Breach Bomb

Take out missiles.
Take out ion.
Take out laser.

Fire Bursts lasers on medibay. When the AI tries to repair it, use Mind Control, Breach, and then Anti-Bio to take one or two out. Repeat until all dead.

Phase 2: Burst Laser I, Burst Laser II, Breach Missile

Take out missiles, then take out Drone Control (I had Defense Scrambler so I could missile it). Then cloak to avoid Power Surges and it's smooth sailing from there.

Phase 3: Burst Laser I, Burst Laser II, Breach Missile
Was even easier. Take out missiles, then mind control, using my own mind control to negate theirs everytime.

The real shocker, though, was the end boss having only three levels of Shields.

Wait, what? Wow, that's really weird. I mean, it makes a lot of sense to nerf Easy now that there's Hard to satisfy hardcore gamers, and giving three shields to the Flagship is a great way to do so, but why not make it so on Advanced too?

Haly

Wait, what? Wow, that's really weird. I mean, it makes a lot of sense to nerf Easy now that there's Hard to satisfy hardcore gamers, and giving three shields to the Flagship is a great way to do so, but why not make it so on Advanced too?

Advanced has 4 I believe.

Easy Vanilla = 3 shields
Easy Advanced = 4 shields

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Finally, I just finished the game for the first time in easy mode (with 'Advanced' mode disabled).

Finished it with a Kestrel Cruiser - Type B

.Ship
..with tier 3 Shields
..Evasion more than 45%
..Cloaking Device at max

.Augmentations
..Weapons Pre-Igniter
..Stealth Weapons
..Automated Re-loader

.Weapons
..Basic Laser
..Basic Laser
..Heavy Ion
..Burst Laser III

180 attempts. 140 hours. 0 wins.

It hurts deep.

That's not normal. I beat it within my first 10 hours and have beaten it over 10 times since, and I'm not close to 140 hours or 180 attempts. I coached a friend of me during his first try and he made it to sector 8. If I could see how you're playing, I could give you pointers.

Divius

Advanced has 4 I believe.

Easy Vanilla = 3 shields
Easy Advanced = 4 shields
Aha! So that's the thing that's killing me and preventing me from winning. It's mostly a breeze up to the rebel flagship, but I just can't fucking beat it (on easy advanced that is), because I cannot get through his shields (and when that final shot gets through it usually misses). Really frustrating.

This is me coming out of Phase 1:
B86747418440C13448C4C0174DB9DB3615168A7D

Does it look like I'm ready for phase 2? I don't fucking think so.

Woorloog

Banned
Shoot shields. Shoot more shields. Shoot until the thing is blasted to pieces. Works very well on Advanced Easy. Hacking helps with draining shields, and mind control to counter mind control and disrupt shield repairs.

Haly

You should really have a single missile weapon just to shoot down their shields. Pegasus is good for this.

Mindlog

Sometimes you just gotta play the hand you're dealt. My run got off to a good start. Scrap Recovery Arm early in Sector 2 so I spent all of my scrap that sector preparing for a boarding party transition. Then early in Sector 3 my Rock Captain dies. Just as my clone bay explodes. I almost quit right there because it was a huge setback. Decided to stick with it. Things worked out.
http://phota.me/LxBk.gif
Need to get shields down? Throw some Flak at it. Flak II Glaive is extremely powerful. It basically lets you erase any system you choose. Almost takes out the Super Shield in one salvo.

Finally the easy run has been scoured from my top 5 scores. Captain Pomeroy and the Teknite crew are the new #5. Well done.
DeAPvGF.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta play the hand you're dealt. My run got off to a good start. Scrap Recovery Arm early in Sector 2 so I spent all of my scrap that sector preparing for a boarding party transition. Then early in Sector 3 my Rock Captain dies. Just as my clone bay explodes. I almost quit right there because it was a huge setback. Decided to stick with it. Things worked out.
http://phota.me/LxBk.gif
Need to get shields down? Throw some Flak at it. Flak II Glaive is extremely powerful. It basically lets you erase any system you choose. Almost takes out the Super Shield in one salvo.

Congrats, Reconstructive teleport, a scrap arm and weapon pre-ignitor is pretty crazy to get in one run. Not to mention stealth weapons

I haven't been able to touch my vanilla high scores though with advanced content :\

I'm confused whether I post here or the new Advanced FTL thread. Screw it---I'll stick here.

So, I've played at least 20 games now and have never made it past sector 4. Most times I'm dead by 2 or 3. I am god awful at this game. I always feel broke. Can't figure out what to buy first. And is it my goal to get out of a sector as quickly as possible, or stick around for a while? Any guidance would be great.

Haly

You're actually looking to maximize time in a sector without ever letting the rebel fleet catch up to you. This requires some planning. For the first few jumps, you can ignore the rebel fleet which is far behind you. What you really want to do is chart a course into an area dense with locations so you have a lot of options for places to go before you pop out of the sector. When the rebel fleet is close (say, 4 jumps) try to visualize the progression of the red zone and determine how many jumps you have left, then try to visit as many places as possible before you have to vamoose.

For choices, most blue choices are good. Choices that involve sending your team somewhere are usually risky and not worth it. When you can, you should always choose to engage a ship rather than back off, unless you can't afford the damage or if they're offering a good deal.

Your first hundred scrap should go into either another layer of shields (2 in shields, 2 in reactors to power it up), OR a really good weapon, and then getting that weapon's requirements. As a rule, lasers are better than missiles, which are better than Ion, which are better than beams. Avoid Bombs, Drones and other submodules (crew teleport, hacking, mind control) until you understand more about the game. Repair whenever possible, but you should focus on building up your core (defense and offense), before repairing. The same applies to fuel, you should always try to be at around 10-12 fuel for worst-case scenarios. Avoid spamming missiles, unless you really need to.

Focus fire on enemy weapon systems to knock them out, saving you a lot of scrap in repairs. Try to get 6-8 crew before the final fight. When you can get into a stalemate, do so, so you can level up your guys for free. Always keep someone on piloting, you lose all evasion if no one is at the helm, unless you get levels in piloting. In general, you want a Pilot, a Weapons guy, a Shields guy, an Engines guy, and two anti-boarder guys (Mantis, Rock, Humans will do in a pinch). Pause often, especially in cases of boarding, to determine what are your optimal moves. Use the doors to evacuate air from rooms to choke boarders and fires.

While most unpowered systems (Piloting, Doors, Sensors) can be unleveled, a single level in Doors goes a long way. Focus on getting Shields to 3 before pumping into evasion. Maintain your weapons progression whenever possible, you want to be able to break a 4 layered shield before section 8, Missiles help a lot at shield breaking, but are expensive, so it's best to conserve your missiles, using it maybe once or twice per fight to take out key systems (Shields, Engine, etc). The later in the game you go, the more free missiles you build up, at which point you can play a little faster and looser with them. It's usually best to not use up scrap whenever you get it, but only at a store, for a weapon/crew/fuel/repair, or at the end of a sector. Stockpile as much scrap as you can handle to maximize your options.

Nikodemos

Your first hundred scrap should go into either another layer of shields (2 in shields, 2 in reactors to power it up), OR a really good weapon, and then getting that weapon's requirements.
I find a second bubble to be a very good investment circa sector two. You have a good chance of running into a ship who can only fire two laser shots, which gives you free training for your crew. Yes, it's a smidgen exploity, but the game's unfair enough for you to need every little extra. This is why I generally want a full complement on the 'usual suspects' (piloting, engines, weapons, shields in roughly that order) as quickly as possible. Though since you can now get hero crew, it's a bit less tedious compared to vanilla.

Always keep someone on piloting, you lose all evasion if no one is at the helm, unless you get levels in piloting.
Always get at least a second level in Piloting. A direct hit on Piloting 1 leaves you completely immobile.

In general, you want a Pilot, a Weapons guy, a Shields guy, an Engines guy, and two anti-boarder guys (Mantis, Rock, Humans will do in a pinch).
Lanius are pretty good internal security, since you can space rooms to your leisure without affecting them. Of course, this tactic is less useful against Boarding Drones.

While most unpowered systems (Piloting, Doors, Sensors) can be unleveled, a single level in Doors goes a long way.
Leveling Sensors gives you blue options. It's generally a good idea to level every subsystem at least once near the last sector (except for Doors, which should be at full, and with a guy manning them). Also, having at least two levels in Sensors prevents blackouts from one lucky hit (particularly dangerous in case of a breach).

Focus on getting Shields to 3 before pumping into evasion.
Evasion's slightly better than shields in AE, since a lot more ships carry missiles/bombs now. And you generally want to dodge those ion bursts heading your way. I'd say try getting Engines to 4 before going Shields 3 (and go Engines 5 immediately afterwards).

Missiles help a lot at shield breaking, but are expensive, so it's best to conserve your missiles, using it maybe once or twice per fight to take out key systems (Shields, Engine, etc).
Automated Re-loader + Explosive Replicator + Elite gunner + Pegasus/Swarm Missile = teh pwn. Never managed to get all of them at the same time, sadly.

fallout

If I could stress anything that's been said so far, it would be to pause often. Very early on, I had a lot of winnable fights turn to shit because I was trying to manage everything in real time. It doesn't make all the difference, but it's a small change in play style that can have a major impact.

I'm confused whether I post here or the new Advanced FTL thread. Screw it---I'll stick here.

So, I've played at least 20 games now and have never made it past sector 4. Most times I'm dead by 2 or 3. I am god awful at this game. I always feel broke. Can't figure out what to buy first. And is it my goal to get out of a sector as quickly as possible, or stick around for a while? Any guidance would be great.

See if these help:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45775649&postcount=1191
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45834724&postcount=1221
They are for vanilla FTL, although you might even want to try mastering vanilla first anyway. Also, you're playing on Easy, right?

Haly

Well that explains it.

Normal mode is extremely hard. No shame playing on Easy.

Well that explains it.

Normal mode is extremely hard. No shame playing on Easy.
I might at some point. I'm a stubborn ass. The good news is that I'm at Sector 4 and doing better than I ever have thanks to everyone's advice here. One big mistake I was making was not plotting out my course ahead of time. I'm now maximizing my time in each sector to hit the most spots, and it is paying off well. I'm afraid of my weapons being weak though....I haven't gotten anything new yet, and each store has had garbage for sale weapons-wise. Hopefully Sector 4 has some good stuff.

Yeah...I'm afraid. Ran into my first baddie with 2 layers of shields. I rocked him, but my missile supply is running low. I'm trying to use just 1 per fight to hit their shields, while my laser takes down their weapons. But there are no stores in this sector, and I'm getting low on fuel. Not "Dear God" low, but nervous low.

And now I have 3 different hull breaches. Do I need drones to fix those? Nothing is gonna stop this train!

For aiding someone, I just got a "Charge 3". I don't know what this is, but it looks awesome.

Sorry to keep editing. Sector 6! You guys have turned this Padawan into a Jedi. Still trucking through on this playthrough. I'm afraid that this eventual loss will hurt me more, simply because as far as I've come now.

Sector 7....dead. I ran into a ship with 4 shields, ion weapons, and mind control. It was easily the toughest ship I'd fought. I didn't even scratch it. It rocked me beyond belief---couldn't do shit. I eventually ran, which brought me to another ship that sent invaders over. I suuuck at dealing with invaders. My strategy this time, which worked well, was to use blast doors to drain their oxygen. My blast doors were broken from previous fight I'd run from though....I was able to fire up FTLs enough to jump again from that fight, but the invaders stayed on board. My crew were all so messed up that I literally could do nothing Medbay broken, and with hull damage in there. My guys were too weak too fix before death. They pooled together in the engine room, listening to death tear the ship apart. Then in a brave finale, they charged the enemy. And their tale ends there.

Xetherion

I might at some point. I'm a stubborn ass. The good news is that I'm at Sector 4 and doing better than I ever have thanks to everyone's advice here. One big mistake I was making was not plotting out my course ahead of time. I'm now maximizing my time in each sector to hit the most spots, and it is paying off well. I'm afraid of my weapons being weak though....I haven't gotten anything new yet, and each store has had garbage for sale weapons-wise. Hopefully Sector 4 has some good stuff.

Yeah...I'm afraid. Ran into my first baddie with 2 layers of shields. I rocked him, but my missile supply is running low. I'm trying to use just 1 per fight to hit their shields, while my laser takes down their weapons. But there are no stores in this sector, and I'm getting low on fuel. Not "Dear God" low, but nervous low.

And now I have 3 different hull breaches. Do I need drones to fix those? Nothing is gonna stop this train!

For aiding someone, I just got a "Charge 3". I don't know what this is, but it looks awesome.

Sorry to keep editing. Sector 6! You guys have turned this Padawan into a Jedi. Still trucking through on this playthrough. I'm afraid that this eventual loss will hurt me more, simply because as far as I've come now.

Sector 7....dead. I ran into a ship with 4 shields, ion weapons, and mind control. It was easily the toughest ship I'd fought. I didn't even scratch it. It rocked me beyond belief---couldn't do shit. I eventually ran, which brought me to another ship that sent invaders over. I suuuck at dealing with invaders. My strategy this time, which worked well, was to use blast doors to drain their oxygen. My blast doors were broken from previous fight I'd run from though....I was able to fire up FTLs enough to jump again from that fight, but the invaders stayed on board. My crew were all so messed up that I literally could do nothing Medbay broken, and with hull damage in there. My guys were too weak too fix before death. They pooled together in the engine room, listening to death tear the ship apart. Then in a brave finale, they charged the enemy. And their tale ends there.

Don't give up, not everyone needs to start on Easy. I've played on Normal from the get-go, and while it took me awhile to learn all the strategies necessary for victory, I've beaten the game plenty of times now. Just beat the game on Hard a week or so ago too.

And I have some more tips for you. Hull breaches can be repaired by crew, just be careful not to let them suffocate to death. Breaches actually save work done on them if the crew leaves, so you can send them to the Medbay to heal then come back if necessary. Also, if you have your O2 system powered up to rank 2 or higher, you can open the doors to the room with the breach and the air from the other rooms will keep the breached room from running out of air (or refill it with some air even if it was already drained). Make sure you don't do this with O2 only at 1 power though, if you do the breach will drain air out of those rooms too.

Also, do NOT ignore Crew Teleporter/Drone Bay systems like someone else said. A teleporter is the single best system to have in the game, because if you kill enemy ships' crews without destroying the ship you get increased rewards. Not only do you get more scrap and frequently more fuel, there's also a decent chance of getting a free weapon, drone, or crew member. If you have trouble dealing with boarders on your own ship though, you may want to practice some more before you go with this strategy. When you do attempt it, make sure to A) Never board a ship that is trying to run away. If it jumps with your crew members on board, they are gone for good. B) Pay close to attention to the enemy ship's remaining Hull Points. Do not fire on it if it is low on Hull and your crew is still on board, they will die if it's destroyed. If you get a Clone Bay this becomes less of a problem though.

Also, a Hacking system goes great with a boarding strategy because it locks the doors on the room you hack, preventing enemies in it from running to the Medbay if they have one.

Drone Bays are great because Defense Drone mk. 1 will shoot down incoming missiles (though some still get through occasionally) as well as enemy boarding drones. The new Shield drone and Anti-Drone are nice too, and using your own Boarding Drones can be great if you have plenty of Drone parts to spare. If you use Boarding Drones, try to take out the enemy's O2 system as well so the enemies run out of oxygen even quicker. Having certain drones gives blue options for some events too. Combat/Beam drones can also supplement your offense if you're not getting good weapons. Beam drones are especially good for taking down Super Shields very quickly.

Cloaking is good for reaching 100% evasion when it's active, but I find if you get your engines to max with a max skill pilot and engineer, Cloaking is really not necessary. It's good if you can afford to get it early though, when you don't have anywhere near max engines yet.

For weapons, a Vulcan will single-handedly destroy almost any ship in the game given enough time. Never pass on this if you see one you can afford. Bomb weapons are fantastic because unlike missiles, they can't be shot down. Breach Bomb mk II is the best with a relatively short cooldown and high system damage and breach chance. Little trick i've never seen anyone mention before so I'm not sure if it's known, but AI-controlled ships can't repair systems that have a hull breach. Another weapon you should never pass is Ion Blast mk II. It has such a low cooldown that you can leave it on auto-fire and it will single-handedly take down any amount of Shields in a short amount of time. If you time it properly you can even hit other systems (once the shields are down) and then switch back to targeting Shields and keep them down too.

Hope this post wasn't too long.

For the record, lots of people try for hours upon hours before beating the game (if they ever do)... even on Easy. :D "Easy" is still quite hard, especially at first. It's also good for learning (particularly how to fight the boss).

Also, there's quite a big difference between "vanilla" easy and "advanced" easy. The former has two (three?) less systems, and three shields rather than four. "Advanced" easy is still a considerable challenge.

Nikodemos

Managed to win with the Adjudicator (Zoltan-A) without using da tellyporta. Mind Control (Lv.3) on the Flagship pilot, Burst Laser Mk.II, Flak Mk.II, Halberd Beam on the internals (time them to blast the shields), cloak on surge. They MC-ed one of my Rocks and sent two guys to my cockpit, but a couple seconds later a full salvo smashed into them and it was all over. EDIT: Oh, yeah, did I mention I had no drones?

Unlocked the Gila Monster (Mantis-A) and the Kruos (Lanius-A). Which one of them should I do next...

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to win with the Adjudicator (Zoltan-A) without using da tellyporta. Mind Control (Lv.3) on the Flagship pilot, Burst Laser Mk.II, Flak Mk.II, Halberd Beam on the internals (time them to blast the shields), cloak on surge. They MC-ed one of my Rocks and sent two guys to my cockpit, but a couple seconds later a full salvo smashed into them and it was all over. EDIT: Oh, yeah, did I mention I had no drones?

Unlocked the Gila Monster (Mantis-A) and the Kruos (Lanius-A). Which one of them should I do next...

Gila Monster is great fun, but it's a standard boarding ship. Try the Kruos.

Just had an amazing run with the Mantis Cruiser! After killing countless crew and plundering their ships, I lose my boarding Mantis crew. They are soon replaced, but their replacements also die. I change up my tactics and resort to ions, drones, and mind control. I make it all the way to Mother Ship stage 3, and get it down to 3 health, while my ship is at 1. But as I take out its missile launcher, it does a power surge which take out my shields.... and hits me for 1.

I can't say I'm not happy with the results, but man, this was a crazy run. Wish I had remembered to take a screenshot at the end. Courting death more than once, I'm surprised I made it so far. One thing that saved me from wiping sooner was using mind control to cancel out the enemy's mind control. That was super useful, especially when I had a spare Mantis in a room with an Engie.

ChryZ

My first Lanius Cruiser / Advanced Edition Victory last night :D

89FF136DBD9433FDCAF2382D7686B0418FEFE4B8

Amazing content update, I can't believe it was for free.

Nikodemos

The Noether (Zoltan-B) is a surprisingly competent ship. Its only weakness is the large amount of scrap needed to activate its shields.

Mindlog

Congrats I love the Lanius ship. Almost feels like cheating it's so good

The B version might be my favorite though
Very strong ship. Lanius boarders are great against the final boss on Hard. Would be nice to see hard get another small point modifier boost. With two Scrap Recovery Arms and almost 100 sectors explored my score was a little underwhelming.
My first Lanius Cruiser / Advanced Edition Victory last night :D
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/577894557682166027/89FF136DBD9433FDCAF2382D7686B0418FEFE4B8/

Amazing content update, I can't believe it was for free.
Congrats! Those session stats look similar to the run I was on. I guess it really is a matter of getting sensors or farming more ships to really bump up that score.

The AE pack really is that great.

Very strong ship. Lanius boarders are great against the final boss on Hard. Would be nice to see hard get another small point modifier boost. With two Scrap Recovery Arms and almost 100 sectors explored my score was a little underwhelming.

Haven't tried Hard yet, but my only complaint about FTL is that the score multipliers should be much higher. It really makes no sense that you pretty much always make more money on Easy even with the multipliers, simply because the scrap multipliers plus having to repair less counter it. I'd be all for radical multipliers, like x1 Easy, x2 Normal and x4 Hard.

Top Bottom