• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

New Despicable Me POP figures:
35627-despicable-me-funko-pop-minions.jpg

U2NUMB

I have recently starting to think about selling off my collection which I have been working on since 2011. I have about 400 Pops and a bunch of other stuff from their lines. I have some pretty valuable ones as well.. I love Funko stuff but this year in my opinion they have flooded the market. It seems a bit too much.

In past years you could almost collect every pop that came out every year and still pay your bills. This dream is now gone as they just release too many.

Sadly its a pain in the ass to sell this many so not sure what to do.

The only ones I really might keep are my complete video game set and the Movies line. Everything else might be on the way out.

U2NUMB

Oh shit, you're big-time.

My house is full of them... I have 3 rooms and hallways that have shelves full of them. And it is a bit awkward when you bring a woman over and have to explain why. But most think its a very cool hobby.

Here is an old pic of the shelves.. I have about 10 shelves in total and still have 2 closets full of either duplicates or ones I do not want to display. I might take some new pics to show off what I have.. would be willing to part ways with some of them for anyone here on Gaf that wants one of the retired ones at a good price.

funkomay3.jpg

Zombine

Banned
My house is full of them... I have 3 rooms and hallways that have shelves full of them. And it is a bit awkward when you bring a woman over and have to explain why. But most think its a very cool hobby.

Here is an old pic of the shelves.. I have about 10 shelves in total and still have 2 closets full of either duplicates or ones I do not want to display. I might take some new pics to show off what I have.. would be willing to part ways with some of them for anyone here on Gaf that wants one of the retired ones at a good price.

funkomay3.jpg

Can I open all of those for you?

Our collection is now:

Santa Jack Skellington
Biker Daryl
Sam (Trick R Treat)
Judge Dredd

Aiii

So not worth it
I appreciate and respect everyone's personal choice in this matter, but bah gawd, boxed Funko Pop's make me so sad :(

Free them, display them, let them live!

Leependi

I keep mine in their boxes at the moment because I don't have many so it's not too much of an issue. I wouldn't want to throw the boxes out though if I took them out, they look too pretty.

U2NUMB

I appreciate and respect everyone's personal choice in this matter, but bah gawd, boxed Funko Pop's make me so sad :(

Free them, display them, let them live!

I think for me is that these shelves I found.. at Ikea are so perfect and when you get to 400 or so... good luck finding a good way to display them.

funkomay3.jpg
Oh my god I see the Miser brothers. Those fuckers are expensive on Amazon.

So I may have broken the addiction;

Friday night, I was waiting on a friend to go get dinner, so I window shopped in Barnes and Noble for a bit. They had some Funkos on clearance, so like 5 bucks a pop.

Luckily I was able to avoid buying any!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So I may have broken the addiction;

Friday night, I was waiting on a friend to go get dinner, so I window shopped in Barnes and Noble for a bit. They had some Funkos on clearance, so like 5 bucks a pop.

Luckily I was able to avoid buying any!

ubWyTrW.gif

Chorazin

Found Hatsune Miku this weekend! I kinda love how her hair is what keeps her from tipping over. I forgot to bring it to work though. :(

Does Funko have figures for any of these franchises?

- Berserk
- Mazinger Z
- Gatchaman
- Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Hokuto no Ken (Fist of the North Star)

My God, I will not be able to resist the cthulhu and pinhead. Will be my first purchase

I'm on the fence as far as Pinhead goes. But I'm definitely down for Cthulhu. Speaking of Pinhead though, I'm super-psyched that The Scarlet Gospels finally got a release date.

LycanXIII

From the Funko newsletter:

Ready for the big reveal?!
We are excited to introduce Pocket Pop! Tins for the first time!
Pocket Pop! Tins are collectible miniaturized Pop!'s. Each Pocket Pop! is 1.5" inches tall. These collectible Pocket Pop!'s have all the same features as a standard Pop!'s, but are shrunk down to fit comfortably in your pocket!

Pocket Pop! tins come packaged in a collectible window tin display!

Frozen Pocket Pop! Tins Available in December!
DC Comics, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and My Little Pony Available in January!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why people keep theirs in their boxes. It makes it look like you own a mini store.

Exactly!

I don't keep mine, but some people really like the art design on the boxes. Plus it's nicer than dumping them all in a bin.

U2NUMB

I don't get why people keep theirs in their boxes. It makes it look like you own a mini store.

I like numbers and things to be uniform.. just my A.D.D. and having shelves of them just sitting there outside of the box would bug me so much. Everyone is different ya know.

Zombine

Banned
I'm fairly underwhelmed by all of the Three Kingdom figures.

At comic con I was really sketched out by the demand for the Stan Lee figure. I could have grabbed one of them, but I just got weird vibes.

Top Bottom