• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

WolvenOne

32zXwhF.jpg

Well, only nominally Furry, but I figured I'd share it. Animal Ears and Tail count to a degree, yes?

Coming out of the chat room, am I the only completely straight furry here?

I'm straight. And I know how you feel.

I've been in the fandom for a long time, and it's very clique-centric when it comes to sexual orientation. Straight furs are often treated like outcasts at gatherings (The Manchester furry meets are located in the "Gay Village". How's that for neutrality? lol)

Just one of those sad truiths. I manage to put up with and ignore all that crap though.

Firehead

The chat is alive at this hour? O:

Dammit, man! It's been too long since you've been in #everfreeforest. :(

What is the green thing? And why is everyone else a dog? Where is the variety?

And of course, new page, blegh.

Edit -

Just wanted to thank you again for what you did. You tried your best with the situation and there wasn't much that could be done, given what it was dealing with.

It certainly does.

<3

Another year went by recently, in the long combo of "still not dead yet" years, which I keep track of using this thing called "birthday". I started a tradition a few years back, of drawing myself each birthday holding a cupcake. Here is this year:

ibbBqIu6rk48ow.jpg

Pardon the shameless self-promotion. It's a fun exercise, because it's good to look back at how far you've come, both mentally, and with your art.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Is there anything in particular you would like to see more of here?
Haha, well, that post was just supposed to mean "not heavily-muscled/hyper-masculine males".

It would be kind of nice to see the thread be above the ground state more where people actually talk, but I fully understand I'm not exactly helping myself here. It's too easy to just be elsewhere. So failing that, more estrogen.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Oh yeah, speaking of anime...

RPG Densetsu Hepoi 3

sxWYGPf.jpg

Fairly pedestrian episode overall with the party getting sidetracked to a town where the Hero ends up leveling up his speed stat, but still had those bits of humor that can really make this show worthwhile if applied more.

WolvenOne

Oh yeah, speaking of anime...

RPG Densetsu Hepoi 3

sxWYGPf.jpg

Fairly pedestrian episode overall with the party getting sidetracked to a town where the Hero ends up leveling up his speed stat, but still had those bits of humor that can really make this show worthwhile if applied more.

Ahh, the oldschool anime artstyle, it's a shame it fell out of favor, there's a lot to say for it.

WolvenOne

There's never really been one artstyle for anime, past or present, but there are fairly common threads.

Yes, well, with most anime you can usually get a fair idea what decade it was made in by the artstyle. Usually anyway, the style that cropped up around the late 90's hasn't changed as much.

WolvenOne

^ whuaut

Doesn't look like it's gonna make it, unfortunately.

Only 2400usd to go, seems to be raising a few hundred USD every ten or so minutes, and there are 11 hours to go. So it should make it, it probably won't have much to spare, but I'd be shocked if it didn't make it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Speaking of odd furry anime. Has anyone seen Bagi, The Monster of Mighty Nature?

It's that old kind of odd lol

http://i.imgur.com/Vfq5cqu.jpg
Yup!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36806068&postcount=12740

It's pretty much Osamu Tezuka in his old age decrying recombinant DNA research, but basically offering the prototype for Kawamori's Earth Girl Arjuna with its unconvincing arguments.

Most of all, it makes cat people seem kinda cool. Unfortunately, the art style doesn't lend itself to attractive female faces.

Also, Bagi x Miiya-Miiya exists. lol

WolvenOne

Only 2400usd to go, seems to be raising a few hundred USD every ten or so minutes, and there are 11 hours to go. So it should make it, it probably won't have much to spare, but I'd be shocked if it didn't make it.

Funded, with a couple thousand dollars to spare, and with a couple more hours in which to raise money.

Top Bottom