• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

futureshop.ca: $179 PSTwo, $249 Crystal Xbox w/ Fable & Crimson Skies

explodet

Sorry if old.

It looks like there's been an unofficial price drop for the PSTwo - at least at Future Shop. It's selling the PSTwo for $180 where most other people are selling it for $200. Sold out online, but they've got units at the BnM stores.

The Xbox Holiday Pack is everywhere now, I can't find any regular Xbox units (Xbox with Top Spin and Amped 2).
And here's the Crystal Xbox, due November 2:

10051342.jpg

Baron

Hey, do Canadian shops ship to the USA? I'd really like that crystal system - looks righteous, and I don't want to wait for MS to release it in the USA.

raYne

Dammit... figures they'd bundle it, and with two games I already have no less. Well, TRU's saving me $200+ with their sale and I can trade/sell these games for 20 a piece at least.

Crystal Xbox for $10? yes ma'am!

jenov4 said:
Sweet stuff, I also think the price drop is party to do with the Canadian dollar doing so well.

I think Sony still sets the MSRP for the system higher, but it's certainly up to the retailer if they want to follow the dollar. Right now it's at (roughly) 80c USD, so $180 is the conversion.

Nos_G

Ah fuck... just got a new xboxen last thursday... (top spin/Amped2 bundle) fuck fuck fuck.

I wanted the crystal one.. :\

I just bought a PSTwo in Wal-Mart today for $200. I had 10% taken off though so it all works out to the same price. They were selling PS2s for $180 in my store (and I think $160 in another) as part of their anniversary sale, but they were sold out right away.

I got my PStwo from EB today for $99.99 ($199.99 - $100 trade-in credit).
I tried to get them to pricematch with TRU which was selling it for $179.99 but the girl working there said they only pricematch games. :/
I shall try once more at another EB (price protection) to get that little bit more off because I am cheap.

Neo_ZX

Ah fuck... just got a new xboxen last thursday... (top spin/Amped2 bundle) fuck fuck fuck.

1. Return product.
2. Buy new Xbox.

I guess they might not if you've opened the games. But if you can talk sweet enough, they might let you anyways.

Fularu

Banned
Neo_ZX said:
1. Return product.
2. Buy new Xbox.

I guess they might not if you've opened the games. But if you can talk sweet enough, they might let you anyways.

Well they are in a sleeve, not in a box (the games)

Nos_G

I would return the xbox, but it would prove to be too much of a hassle... and I already have both of those games. I'll just have to buy a crystal xboxen controller to compensate. :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Dang it!! I already bought the Halo limited edition one earlier this year. There is no way I can rationalize getting another xbox. I don't need three.

But that is so "My Precious".

Neo_ZX

I would return the xbox, but it would prove to be too much of a hassle... and I already have both of those games. I'll just have to buy a crystal xboxen controller to compensate. :p

Are you sure? I don't even like Xbox games but that crystal even has me thinking about picking one up. If you bought from a big retailer, I don't see why it would be hard to return it at all. Show receipt, have them scan the box, the unit's barcode and that's it right?

Top Bottom