• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, help me get a new stop gag gpu before rtx 5090!

yes it's a decent card but the 8 gb ram...for 2k games sometimes 8 gb it's not enough! And i don't understand why 7600 is available with 16 gb and not the 7700...i mean i can't find it! o_O
If thats the case then i recommend the RTX 4060 TI 16GB for $439.

If you can spend $139 more that is than the 4060.
see the link below.

Amazon RTX 4060 TI 16GB

If you go on offer up or facebook marketplace you can find a used one for cheaper.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

If you can’t afford a 4090 now, how will you pay for an even more expensive GPU later?

Buy a 4080 or 4090 now and run with that for years. Your setup right now sucks.

i can save 200-300 euro every month from this month on, i have 1.400 euro saved already, for next year i should have all the money. Don't worry about that, :p and no, i want the extra performance in raytracing from the new rtx 5000 series!

P.s just the gpu sucks but i had to do a new build and i couldn't wait to have all the money to get a newer gpu as well!

Last edited:

SHA

Use your brain, I mean in a positive way, like go to ebay or Amazon and buy a used gaming laptop, who knows? , you may actually never turn back to desktop anymore, just give it a try.

As far as I know, asus looks great, even msi.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

see the link below.

Amazon RTX 4060 TI 16GB

If you go on offer up or facebook marketplace you can find a used one for cheaper.

In italy prices are higher, sadly, 493 euro the cheapest on amazon, however it's more for 1080p the 4060 even if beat the 7700 in ray tracing performance!

luca_29_bg

Use your brain, I mean in a positive way, like go to ebay or Amazon and a buy used gaming laptop, who knows? , you may actually never turn back to desktop anymore, just give it a try.

Ahaha no thank you! i have my pc hooked to a 55 qn90b tv and i like to play on a big tv, both pc and ps5 hooked to the same tv! I would lose 5 deegres of myopia playing on a laptop XD

Hoddi

yes it's a decent card but the 8 gb ram...for 2k games sometimes 8 gb it's not enough! And i don't understand why 7600 is available with 16 gb and not the 7700...i mean i can't find it! o_O
Forget about 8GB cards at 4k and I'd even question 12GB cards.

That 6800 you found at 390€ seems like the most sensible option in my opinion. It won't run AW2 at 4k60 but most games don't need that kind of performance. The 6800 is otherwise quite usable at 4k and especially once you factor VRR and FSR into the equation.

SHA

Ahaha no thank you! i have my pc hooked to a 55 qn90b tv and i like to play on a big tv, both pc and ps5 hooked to the same tv! I would lose 5 deegres of myopia playing on a laptop XD
You want something to use before the 50 series release then buy something that won't last forever, like a gpu in it's midlife or very late in it's life cycle cause it makes sense this way, I'm not sure but I think Nvidia gpus live for 8 years till the end of its life cycle.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
Thanks for the advice!
Get this one
For under 400€ u getting 16gigs of vram, rasterisation power around upcoming ps5pr0, relatively weak raytracing performance tho but since u gonna change it next year for 5090 its a perfect choice- there had to be a flaw in that price range after all and since it will be just stopgap gpu it wont be a problem :)
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-6800.c3713 here all the details.
There are credible leaks rdna4 will be midrange gpu family which will bring down price/perf ratio a lot so expect to sell that new 6800 for maybe 200-250 euro later on, coz of that, so u will lose around 150-200€.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

Forget about 8GB cards at 4k and I'd even question 12GB cards.

That 6800 you found at 390€ seems like the most sensible option in my opinion. It won't run AW2 at 4k60 but most games don't need that kind of performance. The 6800 is otherwise quite usable at 4k and especially once you factor VRR and FSR into the equation.

i know, it's a very good card, but i read there are problem with 120 fps and hmi 2.1 on windows at 4k!

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

Get this one
For under 400€ u getting 16gigs of vram, rasterisation power around upcoming ps5pr0, relatively weak raytracing performance tho but since u gonna change it next year for 5090 its a perfect choice- there had to be a flaw in that price range after all and since it will be just stopgap gpu it wont be a problem :)
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-6800.c3713 here all the details.
There are credible leaks rdna4 will be midrange gpu family which will bring down price/perf ratio a lot so expect to sell that new 6800 for maybe 200-250 euro later on, coz of that, so u will lose around 150-200€.
Thank you for this but i decided to buy the 7800 ( nitro edition) i need the extra performance compared to this! I hope i can sell it at decent price after i will get a 5090!

PeteBull

Gold Member
Thank you for this but i decided to buy the 7800 ( nitro edition) i need the extra performance compared to this! I hope i can sell it at decent price after i will get a 5090!
its great choice too as long as u are willing to spend 550-600€.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

590.... your GPU inside your CPU is probably faster than a 590.. wtf what kind of stringy are you to keep using a 590 to this day? I almost want to block you for the 590 alone. >_>.

Some cards are just evergreen. Up until the last year or two the 590 could still hang in there for 60fps players. I'm hoping the 6800 will be similar.

kiphalfton

Last edited:
the 7700 is very nice! I can find it cheaper on other stores but i would prefer sapphire, i always had sapphire gpu and i like it as brand!

(https://redgaming.it/schede-video/1...rodotto&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=trovaprezzi )

Dude, I can vouch for GIGABYTE GPU's, and I've used Sapphire (Nitro and Pulse line of cards) before. They're as good and have better RMA.

Get that if you don't mind having 12 GB VRAM or get the 4060 TI 16 GB for €66 more at €466, on the same webstore, for albeit ~5-10% less performance (depending on the games).

ASUS is the next best, after EVGA stopped manufacturing Nvidia cards.

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

Dude, I can vouch for GIGABYTE GPU's, and I've used Sapphire (Nitro and Pulse line of cards) before. They're as good and have better RMA.

Get that if you don't mind having 12 GB VRAM or get the 4060 TI 16 GB for €66 more at €466, on the same webstore, for albeit ~5-10% less performance (depending on the games).

ASUS is the next best, after EVGA stopped manufacturing Nvidia cards.

Thank you, but i ended up buying a 7800xt, it will be shipped tuesday ( or sooner) so my first nvidia card will be the rtx 5090 ! But thank you for the advice!

luca_29_bg

Good deal for the RTX 4070 Ti Super if you combine the linked deal, and have American Express with $105 off $550 offer.

Unfortunately i live in Italy XD

The cheapest was 450 euro, but this store didn't accept payment with paypal, so i bought it from the store from i got my new pc last october. 540 euro, on amazon the cheapest nitro was 603. I can't properly complain i guess!

That's not bad at all. Congrats. 7800 XT should breeze through modern games at 1440p.

What are you going to do with that 590 now?

luca_29_bg

That's not bad at all. Congrats. 7800 XT should breeze through modern games at 1440p.

What are you going to do with that 590 now?
Thank you!!!

I don't know about the 590, but i will keep it for now i guess, i have to be sure 7800 will work fine! The problem is that i want to sell the 7800xt when i will get my 5090 and i've never sold anything in my entire life! Ahahaha XD But if I can recover some money it would be nice!

Last edited:

luca_29_bg

ok gaffers, i need some more adivices, i would like to get the 7900xt ( i have to pay 252 euro more, it's 796 euro the nitro version) this card it would be more suited for 4k right ? I will jump to nvidia for 5090 for raytracing bells and whistle. Monday i have to call the shop and see if the can let me pay the difference with paypal, otherwise it's a very annoying thing to pay with different payment. However it is worth it compared to the 7800xt ? Usually drivers improve over time with amd, and now 7800xt runs some more frames in games, so i guess it's the same for the 7900xt. In your opinion it's worth it ? I have a 4k tv and i would like to play more often in 4k than 2k if it's possible, even with some sacrifices, plus some specific demanding games...i'm thorned, i sent a message to the shop but of course they will reply me monday, i have to call them and see if we can arrange the swap. I'm sure they will cancel the order and then, when paypal will give me back the money, i can order the 7900xt.

It worth the higher price for the performance difference ? How much it is ? 20-30 over 7800xt ? Please tell me! And fack myself. i saw the bench of the 7800xt and now i want more frames at higher resolution, fack pc ! :D

Last edited:

SonGoku

see the link below.
To anyone reading this dont follow this advice!!!
The RTX4060Ti is a terrible card for the money and at its tier of performance its not even good or ahead of AMD at RT
For the same money (360-390 USD) you can get either a 7700XT or 6800 (non xt) with vastly superior raster performance and similar RT performance

To anyone reading this dont follow this advice!!!
The RTX4060Ti is a terrible card for the money and at its tier of performance its not even good or ahead of AMD at RT
For the same money (360-390 USD) you can get either a 7700XT or 6800 (non xt) with vastly superior raster performance and similar RT performance

xmDDjYU.gif

danklord

Gold Member
i can save 200-300 euro every month from this month on, i have 1.400 euro saved already, for next year i should have all the money. Don't worry about that, :p and no, i want the extra performance in raytracing from the new rtx 5000 series!

P.s just the gpu sucks but i had to do a new build and i couldn't wait to have all the money to get a newer gpu as well!
It’s worth it to save and buy the 4090 and then flip it when the 5090 comes out.

Top end graphics cards hold their value for a long time and the likelihood of you being able to get near what you pay today back to apply directly to the 5090 makes everything much easier. If you buy a low or mid tier now it will be worth less later.

Le_

Neo Member
you may buy something in 300 euro and sell them in 200 euro after one year i guess? so that you still have the euros to buy HUANGvidia5090

In what world? RTX 2060/S is nowhere near PS5 level, closest equivalent is RX 6700 both architecturally and power wise. Unless you are talking about RT performance only.
I just googled ps5 gpu equivalent. It came up rtx 2070. Sorry to spread fud. Maybe you should write an email to whoever wrote these articles. Tell them their wrong.

from the article...

The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 is the PS5‘s closest performance-wise GPU counterpart. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 more closely matches the PS5’s performance in benchmarks, even while AMD GPUs, such as the Radeon RX 5700 XT, more closely resemble the Oberon graphics card inside the PS5, and you can read our review of the 5700XT to get a good look at Radeons uplfit. NVIDIA Turing architecture, 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM, and support for real-time ray tracing are all included in the RTX 2070. Additionally, it is among the most power-efficient cards, which makes it a great option for players who wish to save their electricity costs.

Last edited:

Astray

Hello gaffers, i have a 7950x3d, 64 gb ram, but i have a rx 590 that is aging very fast! I can't play even Alan Wake 2 with it!
I'm waiting for the 5090 but my 590 rx struggle very much with un5 games right now, i have a 4tv hooked with my pc but i play for now at 1080p because my rx, i would like to buy a stop gag gpu before the 5090 but i don't want to spend too much money because i'm saving for the 5090. So there is something better than 590 that can at least reach 2k at 60 fps for less money possible ? Thanks in advance to anyone will help me!

Oh it must have hdmi 2.1 so i can get 120 fps in windows at 4k (Actually rx 590 is limited to 2k 120 fps because hdmi 2.0 i guess! )

P.s I live in Italy! So Amazon it would be ideal!
Just wait and don't waste money. You will likely lose money on the interim card and you will miss out on any discounts those games might have in the future.

You're experiencing FOMO rn, just.. don't.

luca_29_bg

Just wait and don't waste money. You will likely lose money on the interim card and you will miss out on any discounts those games might have in the future.

You're experiencing FOMO rn, just.. don't.

Actually i want to play games as well with my 590 is too old/weak, even at 1080p, so i need a new gpu now, i won't buy a 5090 at launch of course, i will use the new gpu don't worry! ^^

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Buy a ASUS DUAL 4060 from Amazon Italy for €298. When the 5090 releases you sell it for €248, meaning you paid €50 to have a decent card for 6 months. I think it averages around 70fps @ 1440p in performance charts. Play with medium/high settings on DLSS 'Perf' or 'Balanced' and you should easily stay over 60fps at 1440p. You also get access to DLSS 3 FG(and of course FSR 3 FG). You have a good setup so you can also use Lossless Scaling FG to great effect.

Buy a ASUS DUAL 4060 from Amazon Italy for €298. When the 5090 releases you sell it for €248, meaning you paid €50 to have a decent card for 6 months. I think it averages around 70fps @ 1440p in performance charts. Play with medium/high settings on DLSS 'Perf' or 'Balanced' and you should easily stay over 60fps at 1440p. You also get access to DLSS 3 FG(and of course FSR 3 FG). You have a good setup so you can also use Lossless Scaling FG to great effect.
I recommended the same thing to him. He said 4060 doesn't have enough vram to run some of his games at 2k.

amigastar

Thats what i would do, of course only if you wanna go the nvidia way. With AMD i'm sure there are also potent graphics cards (i just don't know them cause i'm on Nvidia)

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Thats what i would do, of course only if you wanna go the nvidia way. With AMD i'm sure there are also potent graphics cards (i just don't know them cause i'm on Nvidia)
That's how I'd approach it since it's a stop-gap and I'd want to conserve as much money as possible. I'm guessing he's talking about Alan Wake 2. In that case get a 4070 Super. I'd stick with Nvidia+ASUS for easier resell. Those companies have better mindshare, deserving or not.

buenoblue

If OP has been happy running a rx 590 for six years I guarantee he ain't buying a 5090 😂

I snagged a 4070ti for £599 new on Amazon last month. Coming from a 2070super and it's a beast upgrade for that price. 4k max with dlss on newer titles and 4k max settings on anything 2 plus years old or older.

Top Bottom