• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Holy shit, I have been learning how to use my maschine for the past few weeks off and on. But today it just clicked with me. This is by far my favorite piece of software, combined with a very sexy piece of hardware.

Edit: Also, full version of Cudi's Teleport 2 Me

Kid Cudi-Teleport 2 Me

Holy shit, I have been learning how to use my maschine for the past few weeks off and on. But today it just clicked with me. This is by far my favorite piece of software, combined with a very sexy piece of hardware.

Kid Cudi-Teleport 2 Me

yea, shit is dope right. you got the lil mikro right?

man....with that said tho....that new mpc Renaissance got me wanting to get rid of my Maschine lol...cant front.

but imma stick with this bad boy.

Recon

Banned
yea, shit is dope right. you got the lil mikro right?

man....with that said tho....that new mpc Renaissance got me wanting to get rid of my Maschine lol...cant front.

but imma stick with this bad boy.

Yeah I got the Mikro. I was debating going for the full version, but it really is the same thing, just have to use the PC more, which is fine for me.

Yea, I'm trying to get a maschine right now.

Yeah, it is really nice. The pads feel great, and the software is excellent.

Yeah I got the Mikro. I was debating going for the full version, but it really is the same thing, just have to use the PC more, which is fine for me.

full version is the shit just cause, i barely use the pc. feels like im using a standalone peice of equipment.

I only really use the pc when I want to look at the wav of a sound more precisely/closely. Or when I'm loading/finding sounds to assign being that maschine wont let u do that from the hardware....which is something that needs to be upgraded.

but dude, the mpc renaissance is the future....i hope native instruments get thier act together because of it and update maschine with some long overdue features.

Recon

Banned
full version is the shit just cause, i barely use the pc. feels like im using a standalone peice of equipment.

I only really use the pc when I want to look at the wav of a sound more precisely/closely.

but dude, the mpc renaissance is the future....i hope native instruments get thier act together because of it and update maschine with some long overdue features.

Yeah, I get that. But I was already used to using my laptop for everything anyways. Either way, I am extremely happy with what I got for $300.

Kid Cudi-Teleport 2 Me

Eh. Salright.

2373562502-1.jpg

http://demone.bandcamp.com/

Listening to this right now, diggin it.

Tokubetsu

I only really use the pc when I want to look at the wav of a sound more precisely/closely. Or when I'm loading/finding sounds to assign being that maschine wont let u do that from the hardware....which is something that needs to be upgraded.

I think it wa Shinobi who was telling me a friend of his got to use it at a convention. It's garbage. It's not priced competitively against the maschine (rumor is 800+ right now) and doesn't really do anything the maschine doesn't already do. Akai isn't really killing it with their software either so I doubt it'll be better on that front compared to the mashcine either. "Classic MPC" sound is kinda tagline bullshit too, you want that sound right now all you need is to get on google and dl a sound pack.

I think it wa Shinobi who was telling me a friend of his got to use it at a convention. It's garbage. It's not priced competitively against the maschine (rumor is 800+ right now) and doesn't really do anything the maschine doesn't already do. Akai isn't really killing it with their software either so I doubt it'll be better on that front compared to the mashcine either. "Classic MPC" sound is kinda tagline bullshit too, you want that sound right now all you need is to get on google and dl a sound pack.

Price is crazy and that rumor is wrong...The price from what I know is $1300, so yea I'l agree there, but there are alot of important features that it has that Maschine doesnt have yet (and no excuse, as it should have it by now being that users have been asking for these features forever), and needs...and which Im hoping NI is going to implement being that MPC Ren is dropping...just to name a few...

Time stretch
Sample layers per pad
Different tempos per scene
able to access files straight from hardware
Record mute/solos
Sound mixer
Complete midi integration
Control DAW transport when used as a VST (this would be fucking awesome on Maschine when in conjunction with Pro tools)
etc.

The beautiful thing is this is mostly software related shit (except for the midi shit)...NI just needs to get on the ball and give us the features.

The classic MPC sound is talking about the output + sample conversion. It's different from just being a "sound pack"

Finally got my physical copy of Illmatic...

AZ's verse on Life's a Bitch is still something else

Visualizing the realism of life and actuality
Fuck who's the baddest a person's status depends on salary
And my mentality is money-orientated
I'm destined to live the dream for all my peeps who never made it
Cause yeah, we were beginners in the hood as 5 percenters
But something must have got in us cause all of us turned to sinners
Now some resting in peace and some are sitting in San Quentin
Others such as myself are trying to carry on tradition
Keeping the effervescent street ghetto essence inside us
Cause it provides us with the proper insight to guide us
Even though, we know somehow we all gotta go
But as long as we leaving thieving
We'll be leaving with some kind of dough
So, until that day we expire and turn to vapors
Me and my capers will be somewhere else stacking plenty papers
Keeping it real, packing steel, getting high
Cause life's a bitch and then you die

Natiko

Banned

Kid Cudi-Teleport 2 Me

That song was actually really good, I was expecting to hate it. I love that it sampled Under Your Spell. Gotta love the Drive soundtrack.

It's only fitting that I return just as Drake further confirms my prediction.

I don't got much to say, not going to make a big post or any shit like that. Just a warning: don't come to Detroit ninja

Esch

Banned
Yeah so i'm probably gonna be able to drive danny brown around town when he comes through.

time to stock up on some bad bad shit

cudi still blows

overcast

I posted this in the unemployment thread to no response. I know you guys would be willing to help. It's off-topic as hell, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I had an interview yesterday and it went really well I believe.

I talked to 2 of the 3 managers (the hosts told me if you get to the 3rd one you are basically in). Then the top waiter showed me around the restaurant while I waited for the GM. The GM didn't show up, but they said they would call me for the final interview.

The interview was yesterday. Should I go in today? Or should I wait another day?

Yeah so i'm probably gonna be able to drive danny brown around town when he comes through.

time to stock up on some bad bad shit

cudi still blows
i was thinkin about going to memphis to visit some friends and see danny brown, but it seems like I might be moving back to houston next month. kind of bad timing :(
I posted this in the unemployment thread to no response. I know you guys would be willing to help. It's off-topic as hell, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I had an interview yesterday and it went really well I believe.

I talked to 2 of the 3 managers (the hosts told me if you get to the 3rd one you are basically in). Then the top waiter showed me around the restaurant while I waited for the GM. The GM didn't show up, but they said they would call me for the final interview.

The interview was yesterday. Should I go in today? Or should I wait another day?
I'd say today, you kind of want to be persistent when it comes to trying to get a job. If you can't find time to go then tomorrow should be good, just don't want them to forget about you lol.

Esch

Banned
i was thinkin about going to memphis to visit some friends and see danny brown, but it seems like I might be moving back to houston next month. kind of bad timing :(
Thats too bad breh, definitely let me know if you change your mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom