• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rank Kanye's albums
--Graduation, MBDTF, Late Registration, 808s, College Dropout
Pick a coast to rep
--West
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
--2Pac
Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
--Wiz is softer than the peach fuzz on Ambers Head... yeah I suck
Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Nas, but he is watching the throne now.
Flocka or Royce?
--Flocka
What you think of J. Cole?
--One of the best new artists beside Kendrick. Hiipower and shit
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
--Ghost
Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
--2pac was definitely a better lyricist than Biggie (my opinion0
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
--Lupe -7 he was higher in the past, when obama wasn't a terrorist.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
--Mentally Challenged with genius beats (Shoutout to Clams)
Pick an era of Eminem
--1999-2005
How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
--What deep lyrics? But I am a fan, been since So Far Gone
Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
--Are you stupid?
Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
--Annoying Emo

BTW I will be on these next few gaf tapes.

game

Banned
The production is more amazing from a "im drunk and laying on the couch zoning out perspective."

pretty much this

not everything is meant to be played at a club

the beats I listen to while chilling should not be the same as when I'm grinding on a female at the club

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even understand the love for A$APs production. Dude can't rap, but y'all are really feeling those average beats too? Every single one feels generic. Every song from him is a package of mediocrity, but somehow Rocky still managed to kill his Q feature. And for that I thank him.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I only realllllly like about a handful of A$ap Rocky songs, but I like him as a dude. I think he's got room to grow. I like supporting him more than I like supporting a dude like Tyga.

zychi

Banned
I don't even understand the love for A$APs production. Dude can't rap, but y'all are really feeling those average beats too? Every single one feels generic. Every song from him is a package of mediocrity, but somehow Rocky still managed to kill his Q feature. And for that I thank him.

typical internet buzz being overblown by a few people, which in-turn puts his videos and music out there more. i totally agree with you on asap, mediocre at best.

game

Banned
I don't even understand the love for A$APs production. Dude can't rap, but y'all are really feeling those average beats too?

At a time when the majority of stuff coming out is below average, average is a breath of fresh air.

Me and everyone else I read in this thread who like him are simply saying he is average who has a few songs that are enjoyable. No one is on his nuts or anything.

The guy is younger than me, which makes it fun to watch him grow.

And while on the topic of Cudi, ASAP's worse track shits all over Teleport 2 Me IMO.

Kwixotik

illadelph

So I just listened to
n.w.a-straight_outta_compton-front.jpg

....for the first time. GODDAMN SON. O'Shea is a menace on this shit.

One of my favorite tracks I hadn't heard before: Dopeman (Remix)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At a time when the majority of stuff coming out is below average, average is a breath of fresh air.

Me and everyone else I read in this thread who like him are simply saying he is average who has a few songs that are enjoyable. No one is on his nuts or anything.

The guy is younger than me, which makes it fun to watch him grow.

And while on the topic of Cudi, ASAP's worse track shits all over Teleport 2 Me IMO.
My brain hurts.

I know but people in this thread have been saying he's redeemed by his production and damn is it nothing special by definition or what. And shit that sounds like the same ol song is exactly the opposite of a breath of fresh air IMO. If your new, and you think your hot, and you want me to care about you, you don't go about it with mediocre raps, mediocre production, and making shit sound dated by a decade upon release.

I dont really like Teleport 2 Me either. Got hyped based on responses here, was disappointed. I can't put my finger on it but the feel or the emotion from Cudder's tracks is completely missing. I don't know, I'm trying my hardest to like CuDi's stuff but it isn't working all the same anymore. Sigh.

njean777

My brain hurts.

I know but people in this thread have been saying he's redeemed by his production and damn is it nothing special by definition or what. And shit that sounds like the same ol song is exactly the opposite of a breath of fresh air IMO. If your new, and you think your hot, and you want me to care about you, you don't go about it with mediocre raps, mediocre production, and making shit sound dated by a decade upon release.

I dont really like Teleport 2 Me either. Got hyped based on responses here, was disappointed. I can't put my finger on it but the feel or the emotion from Cudder's tracks is completely missing. I don't know, I'm trying my hardest to like CuDi's stuff but it isn't working all the same anymore. Sigh.

Agree with everything said, ASAP is yet just another swag/weed rapper. I may not like the subject matter, but even School Boy Q is much better then ASAP in terms of lyrical prowess. I actually re-listened to Q's newest album and changed my mind a bit, it actually has a lot deep emotional lyrics then I gave it credit for.

Also on Cudi, I have never been a fan of his, he seems to think he is better then he really is.

Tokubetsu

Rank Kanye's albums
--Graduation, MBDTF, Late Registration, 808s, College Dropout
Pick a coast to rep
--West
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
--2Pac
Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
--Wiz is softer than the peach fuzz on Ambers Head... yeah I suck
Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Nas, but he is watching the throne now.
Flocka or Royce?
--Flocka
What you think of J. Cole?
--One of the best new artists beside Kendrick. Hiipower and shit
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
--Ghost
Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
--2pac was definitely a better lyricist than Biggie (my opinion0
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
--Lupe -7 he was higher in the past, when obama wasn't a terrorist.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
--Mentally Challenged with genius beats (Shoutout to Clams)
Pick an era of Eminem
--1999-2005
How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
--What deep lyrics? But I am a fan, been since So Far Gone
Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
--Are you stupid?
Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
--Annoying Emo

BTW I will be on these next few gaf tapes.

huh

I like ASAP, and I'm glad this Houston shit is making is comeback. I love the flow, rap style, etc. Yea he's not some great lyricist but not every rapper has to be that.

I'd love to hear Curren$y swagging the fuck out like ASAP, Schoolboy, etc...

game

Banned
My brain hurts.

You're beginning to confuse me. I said he was mediocre, yet you continue to argue...?

???

It is almost as if you are hyping him up through me. I don't think he is great; far from it.

mooooose

ASAP's tape is still hot. I love that. I've been bumping it from the minute it dropped. Production, charisma, and flow off the charts. Lyrically it's ok but Rocky is rocking all the shit that soho dudes are rocking and repping NY hard.

I'm fine with ASAP.

The tape starts off amazing strong but I mostly bump everything up to Brand New Guy. That's the climax for me. Amazing song. My song of 2011 easily.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A few years ago I probably would have loved teleport to me. But Cudi has just become too much of a twat. It's harder for me to overlook his personality and see just the music. I guess the song isn't terrible though (outside of the shitfuck hook), it's just...whatever.

Rack city is boring, I dont even like the beat that much. Dont understand the hype at all.

Asap's production isn't amazing from a club perspective so I understand why blackace wouldn't be a fan. The production is more amazing from a "im drunk and laying on the couch zoning out perspective." As a rapper he's a solid mid-carder, better than most of the other rappers he's compared to, better than the jay z and kanye sound alikes that seem to be everywhere now a days, but he isn't going to blow anyone away. Definitely better than all the dudes he rolls with though, especially spaceghostpurp.

If I want a dope east coast rapper with good production I pop in Saigon..

the Rack City beat has zero variety..like the Racks beat... two verses max..

Blackace

So I just listened to
n.w.a-straight_outta_compton-front.jpg

....for the first time. GODDAMN SON. O'Shea is a menace on this shit.

One of my favorite tracks I hadn't heard before: Dopeman (Remix)

I am a fan of the album titled song.. and Ice Cube and DOC writing together produces this

Also DJ Yella looked like Drake before Drake looked like Drake

Blackace

efil4zaggin>straight outta compton

It's too bad Cube didn't get a chance to rap over it.

it's a great album, but I wouldn't say it was better... I liked it because it was actually different Cold 187um and DOC along with Ren wrote everything and Dre became a different type of producer... look at the samples for the album.. its nuts

ples

Prelude

"Hyperbolicsyllabicsesquedalymistic" by Isaac Hayes

Real Niggaz Don't Die

"UFO" by ESG
"Different Strokes" by Syl Johnson
"Die Nigger!!!" by The Last Poets
"Rise Above" by Black Flag
"Long Red" by Mountain
"I Just Want to Celebrate" by Rare Earth
"Synthetic Substitution" by Melvin Bliss
"Hook and Sling" by Eddie Bo
"Big Beat" by Billy Squier

Niggaz 4 Life

"Die Nigger!!!" by The Last Poets
"Sir Nose d'Voidoffunk" by Parliament
"N.T." by Kool & the Gang
"(Don't Worry) If There's a Hell Below, We're All Gonna Go" by Curtis Mayfield
"Niggers Are Scared of a Revolution" by The Last Poets
"Cissy Strut" by The Meters
"Fool Yourself" by Little Feat

Appetite for Destruction

"Think (About It)" by Lyn Collins
"Funky Stuff" by Kool and the Gang
"Niggers vs. the Police" by Richard Pryor

Don't Drink That Wine

"I've Been Watching You (Move Your Sexy Body)" by Parliament
"If It Ain't Ruff " by N.W.A.

Alwayz into Somethin

"Stoned to the Bone" by James Brown
"Storm King" by Bob James
"Sneakin' in the Back" by Tom Scott
"Remember" by Jimi Hendrix
"Synthetic Substitution" by Melvin Bliss
"Just Wanna Make A Dream Come True" by Mass Production

Real Niggaz

"Give it Up" by Kool & the Gang
"Got to Be Real" by Cheryl Lynn
"Gashman" by The Last Poets

To Kill a Hooker

"Can't Stay Away" by Bootsy Collins

One Less Bitch

"Zimba Ku" by Black Heat
"Funkin' 4 Jamaica" by Tom Browne
"I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More, Babe" by Barry White

Findum, Fuckum and Flee

"Rapper's Delight" by the Sugarhill Gang

Automobile

"My Automobile" by Parliament

She Swallowed It

"Cardova" by The Meters
"I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little More, Babe" by Barry White
"That Girl is a Slut" by Just-Ice

I'd Rather Fuck You

"I'd Rather Be with You" by Bootsy Collins

Approach to Danger

"A.J. Scratch" by Kurtis Blow
"Get up & Get Down" by The Dramatics
"Get Me Back on Time, Engine No. 9" by Wilson Pickett
"God Made Me Funky" by The Headhunters
"Scorpio" by Lalo Schifrin

1-900-2-COMPTON

"P-Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up)" by Parliament

The Dayz of Wayback

"Troglodyte" by Jimmy Castor Bunch
"Impeach the President" by The Honeydrippers
"Players Balling (Players Doin' Their Own Thing)" by Ohio Players
"On the Ill Tip" by LL Cool J

since yall are talking about some west coast stuff. I just realized how much I love Dr Dre "Let me ride" think it's really up there as one of my favorite songs ever

so Meek Mill's album isnt droppin until December apparently...

yeah MMG needs to fast track that to like May/June.

That honestly sounds about right. When is Ross' album dropping? I assume in the middle of the year and he'll likely be releasing singles up to Oct or Nov. don't really want his own singles having a bigger buzz than Meek Mill.

Blackace

That honestly sounds about right. When is Ross' album dropping? I assume in the middle of the year and he'll likely be releasing singles up to Oct or Nov. don't really want his own singles having a bigger buzz than Meek Mill.

Ross' got pushed from Nov.. didn't want to go head up with Drake and Weezy I guess..

I am thinking April or May

Also Self Made Vol. 2 is 2012..

So I was walking through downtown LA right outside the staples center and this guy stopped me with a handful of cds in those really thin cases and asked me to check out his stuff and make a donation. I told him I didn't have any cash on me (I really didn't) but said I would check out his stuff on youtube. I stayed true to my word, and he actually isn't that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl0qSJj4JGs

Ross' got pushed from Nov.. didn't want to go head up with Drake and Weezy I guess..

man young money is killing it now that I think about it. They basically have 3 artists on the label who make millions off their albums fast(Wayne, Drake, Nicki).

Didn't realize there was going to a sequel to that this year either.

DominoKid

man young money is killing it now that I think about it. They basically have 3 artists on the label who make millions off their albums fast(Wayne, Drake, Nicki).

Didn't realize there was going to a sequel to that this year either.

and even Tyga will probably throw up a decent number.

we still outchea waitin on that Bigga Than Life tho playboi prrrrrrrr

TheOddOne

it's a great album, but I wouldn't say it was better... I liked it because it was actually different Cold 187um and DOC along with Ren wrote everything and Dre became a different type of producer... look at the samples for the album.. its nuts
Back in the day the legel aspect of sampling was pretty lenient or non-existant. The album is a product of it's time, if it where created today it would have cost an obscene amount.

Rack city is fucking terrible. Horrible verse, indistinguishable chorus, everything to do with Tyga was a mess. At least if it were Lil B I might laugh, or if it was Wacka I might feeling like getting into some fisticuffs. This fool is just bad.

Beat is alright though.

Nah he got sick though. Some people argue he used the seizures as an excuse for those piss poor singles, but I gotta give Ross the benefit of the doubt If he was healthy he would have had time to build the buzz needed to make the album big. Both of those singles didn't get a video either, which hurt their impact. Plus, I think Ross would have just released another single shortly after it was clear his pop AND street singles flopped.

damn I'm bummed as hell he completely wasted that Just Blaze beat. Shit sounds like a placeholder. Imagine if Ross dropped Fuck Em as the street single instead of that I Love My Bitches bullshit. Or King Of Diamonds. I'd imagine both songs were originally meant for the album.

Blackace

pretty much this

not everything is meant to be played at a club

the beats I listen to while chilling should not be the same as when I'm grinding on a female at the club

I grew up on hip hop, I don't need the condescending bullshit like I don't know the difference between club music and non club music.. The beats are aiight but he doesnt do much with them...

Blackace

Nah he got sick though. Some people argue he used the seizures as an excuse for those piss poor singles, but I gotta give Ross the benefit of the doubt If he was healthy he would have had time to build the buzz needed to make the album big. Both of those singles didn't get a video either, which hurt their impact. Plus, I think Ross would have just released another single shortly after it was clear his pop AND street singles flopped.

damn I'm bummed as hell he completely wasted that Just Blaze beat. Shit sounds like a placeholder. Imagine if Ross dropped Fuck Em as the street single instead of that I Love My Bitches bullshit. Or King Of Diamonds. I'd imagine both songs were originally meant for the album.

I thought he killed the beat... It was just that the content of him fucking is always awkward as hell...

Blackace

The chorus is so bad though :(

and yea Ross fucking...smh. Not as bad as seeing Steve Busecemi fuck chicks on Boardwalk Empire...

Ross actually sucks at choruses... MC Hammer doesn't even make sense...

Macca

Someone trolling crazy as hell on this haha

Still Cool - T-Boz

1. "Still Cool (Intro)" (featuring Michelle McCool)
2. "Still Cool"
3. "Can It Be Love"
4. "Get It, Girl" (featuring Yung Joc and Too $hort)
5. "Gangsta Girlz"
6. "Miracles"
7. "My Heart"
8. "Gangsta Girlz (Dr. Dre Remix)" (featuring Keri Hilson, Monica, Trina, Lil Kim and Missy Elliott)
9. "Wanna Take Me Back (Dirty South Mix)" (featuring Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane)
10. "Toss 'N' Turn" (featuring OutKast, Chris Brown and Drake)
11. "From The South to the Wild Wild West" (featuring Ludacris, Big Boi, Game, N.W.A., and Snoop Dogg)
12. "Ridin' It" (featuring Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas and Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes)
13. "Never Replaced (Left Eye Tribute)" (featuring John Cena, Drake and Nicki Minaj)
14. "The Final Break" (featuring Waka Flocka Flame, Eminem and Kanye West)
15. "Still Cool (Outro)" (featuring John Cena, Michelle McCool, Nicki Minaj and Andre 3000)

The production list is just as ridiculous. Holy shit.

Blackace

Someone trolling crazy as hell on this haha

Still Cool - T-Boz

1. "Still Cool (Intro)" (featuring Michelle McCool)
2. "Still Cool"
3. "Can It Be Love"
4. "Get It, Girl" (featuring Yung Joc and Too $hort)
5. "Gangsta Girlz"
6. "Miracles"
7. "My Heart"
8. "Gangsta Girlz (Dr. Dre Remix)" (featuring Keri Hilson, Monica, Trina, Lil Kim and Missy Elliott)
9. "Wanna Take Me Back (Dirty South Mix)" (featuring Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane)
10. "Toss 'N' Turn" (featuring OutKast, Chris Brown and Drake)
11. "From The South to the Wild Wild West" (featuring Ludacris, Big Boi, Game, N.W.A., and Snoop Dogg)
12. "Ridin' It" (featuring Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas and Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes)
13. "Never Replaced (Left Eye Tribute)" (featuring John Cena, Drake and Nicki Minaj)
14. "The Final Break" (featuring Waka Flocka Flame, Eminem and Kanye West)
15. "Still Cool (Outro)" (featuring John Cena, Michelle McCool, Nicki Minaj and Andre 3000)

The production list is just as ridiculous. Holy shit.

Dr. Dre, Waka, Outkast...

Cash Money

lol

Troll-Boz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom