• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPS37

Dizzy Wright - Solo Dolo

Shit got 35k views in a day.
I posted his mixtape here before and people just made fun of him because they thought he looked like Wiz Khalifa.

He's apparently on Hopsin's label now. New project (I don't know if it's a free album or an album...) comes out Feb 20.

Here's the link to his latest tape

game

Banned
ASAP Rocky is coming to town.

Got excited until I realized he is on tour with Drake. Can't stand Drake, and needless to say the tickets are now ridiculously over priced because of Drake (+$100)

I saw Method Man a few weeks ago for $20...go figure.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I posted this in the unemployment thread to no response. I know you guys would be willing to help. It's off-topic as hell, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I had an interview yesterday and it went really well I believe.

I talked to 2 of the 3 managers (the hosts told me if you get to the 3rd one you are basically in). Then the top waiter showed me around the restaurant while I waited for the GM. The GM didn't show up, but they said they would call me for the final interview.

The interview was yesterday. Should I go in today? Or should I wait another day?

T-Guy is right.. but maybe call, and see when you can get that interview

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I posted this in the unemployment thread to no response. I know you guys would be willing to help. It's off-topic as hell, but that shouldn't be a big deal.

I had an interview yesterday and it went really well I believe.

I talked to 2 of the 3 managers (the hosts told me if you get to the 3rd one you are basically in). Then the top waiter showed me around the restaurant while I waited for the GM. The GM didn't show up, but they said they would call me for the final interview.

The interview was yesterday. Should I go in today? Or should I wait another day?

Call up there and see what the deal is in a nice way. Can't be half-stepping when looking for work.

Cudder

did Gaf Hop have a 180 on WZRD? Lots of love in here. I'll be honest, I'm liking it much more than I was before when I gave it a listen. Maybe it's just me adopting the "I don't care, it'll probably be shit" attitude towards WZRD that's helping.

Tokubetsu

did Gaf Hop have a 180 on WZRD? Lots of love in here. I'll be honest, I'm liking it much more than I was before when I gave it a listen. Maybe it's just me adopting the "I don't care, it'll probably be shit" attitude towards WZRD that's helping.

A lot of us are die hard Cudi fans, we're just not that vocal about it.

its not that good. that doesn't sound good, you might need help.
We can no longer be friends.

Toku's right. I mean, Perfect Is the Word isn't in the album but I really like Brake and Teleport 2 Me, Jamie, so I do have hope that the album won't be total shit. Will still buy.

SoilBreak

Banned
btWEC.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I hope whoever else ordered the Schoolboy Q release wasn't actually expecting an autograph :lol interns always getting the worst gigs.

ibtrYf2d9PRBBr.JPG

game

Banned
I have a retarded question: LiveLoveA$AP has the track Purple Swag: Chapter 2, which is pretty different from a other version of the song I heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZ2QZKYj7c
^the version I'm talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdQ4nV4yz9o
^this is what is on my copy of LiveLoveA$AP

I've been wondering what the version I'm talking about was originally released on?

Was it just a random single he released? Then followed up with Chapter 2 on LiveLoveA$AP?

DominoKid

the WZRD songs have been kinda tight.

Blackace

grandma on my dick...wtf is up with that? Lyrics are trash but the beat is killer.

The odd thing is I have heard a ton of "remixes" of it and it is like the beat makes everyone who tries to rap on it retarded..

Also going to the lab in a few hours to make the Quik mix people have been asking for...

Blackace

Chapter one was from his previous mixtape.

I want to like him so much... but to me he is meh to hot trash... not talking shit because he doesn't make me want to kick a small kitten or something but I just don't think he is that good...

game

Banned
Chapter one was from his previous mixtape.

Hmm I thought I had both mix tapes. I don't think I got all the songs on his first one then.

Both are free right? Should be able to re-download it easily.

I want to like him so much... but to me he is meh to hot trash... not talking shit because he doesn't make me want to kick a small kitten or something but I just don't think he is that good...

His beats are sick as fuck. Not much else going for him.

Having said that, he is on tour with Drake now and I'd rather see him than Drake.

Blackace

His beats are sick as fuck. Not much else going for him.

Having said that, he is on tour with Drake now and I'd rather see him than Drake.

I am a club DJ, I love beats.. and his aren't as great as people here are claiming...

Hate on Drake all you want.. he has DOPE production.. I can't see how you can deny that and talk about old buddy's beats...

game

Banned
I am a club DJ, I love beats.. and his aren't as great as people here are claiming...

Hate on Drake all you want.. he has DOPE production.. I can't see how you can deny that and talk about old buddy's beats...

I really don't like anything Drake has put out to date. And I don't like him as a person (his Degrassi ass reminds me of Will Smith).

At least with ASAP Rocky I can dig a few tracks, slappin in my car with the bass up.

I'm from the bay though, 90% of the stuff I listen to is from bay. I might be a little biased.

Blackace

I really don't like anything Drake has put out to date. And I don't like him as a person (his Degrassi ass reminds me of Will Smith).

At least with ASAP Rocky I can dig a few tracks, slappin in my car with the bass up.

I'm from the bay though, 90% of the stuff I listen to is from bay. I might be a little biased.

I am not from the Bay, but pimp the bay like few others.. and ASAP to me is a cheap Dipset.. Drake has production... all the TI remixes show how dope his beats are..

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

...What'd you say about the Fresh Prince, son?

game

Banned
I am not from the Bay, but pimp the bay like few others.. and ASAP to me is a cheap Dipset.. Drake has production... all the TI remixes show how dope his beats are..

Meh, if you have anything in particular in mind feel free to link me up. Generally speaking I'm not a fan. I think the only track I dislike on J Cole's new album is the one with Drake on it, for example.

Holy shit, I have been learning how to use my maschine for the past few weeks off and on. But today it just clicked with me. This is by far my favorite piece of software, combined with a very sexy piece of hardware.

Edit: Also, full version of Cudi's Teleport 2 Me

Kid Cudi-Teleport 2 Me

HAH, sampling Desire almost completely, just listen to the vastly superior "Under Your Spell" instead of this shit

The M.O.B

GAF-Hop confession...I like Rack City.

I too confessed this some time back. I can no longer claim to have not been touched by Young Money.

I was hoping there would be a max that cuts or replaces Tyga's verses with dope verses from other artists and just keeps tygas hook.

Blackace

Meh, if you have anything in particular in mind feel free to link me up. Generally speaking I'm not a fan. I think the only track I dislike on J Cole's new album is the one with Drake on it, for example.

Headliners with TI.. dope

overcast

T-Guy is right.. but maybe call, and see when you can get that interview

Call up there and see what the deal is in a nice way. Can't be half-stepping when looking for work.
Thanks for the advice guys. I called in today, I'll go in tomorrow after school. I feel like I won't get it, but that's my negativity.

I'm feeling that Cudi song from WZRD.. Didn't think I would like any songs at all. It samples Under Your Spell a bit too heavily, but it's good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A few years ago I probably would have loved teleport to me. But Cudi has just become too much of a twat. It's harder for me to overlook his personality and see just the music. I guess the song isn't terrible though (outside of the shitfuck hook), it's just...whatever.

Rack city is boring, I dont even like the beat that much. Dont understand the hype at all.

Asap's production isn't amazing from a club perspective so I understand why blackace wouldn't be a fan. The production is more amazing from a "im drunk and laying on the couch zoning out perspective." As a rapper he's a solid mid-carder, better than most of the other rappers he's compared to, better than the jay z and kanye sound alikes that seem to be everywhere now a days, but he isn't going to blow anyone away. Definitely better than all the dudes he rolls with though, especially spaceghostpurp.

game

Banned
I wouldn't even call it hip hop. It's like calling lil wayne's rock album hip hop. more of a branch out.

I 100% agree. I was at a loss as to what to call it. Given the thread title, I went with hip hop.

But you are correct, I would not consider it hip hop at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom