• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Peso is my favorite track from LiveLoveASAP. First five or so tracks are all fire though. Great overall tape.

So if KRIT's mixtape is pushed back, is his album getting pushed too?

Please tell me Hype Willians is gonna stay the only one making these seizure-inducers. NiP video was nice until I got a headache halfway through.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
RIP coldvein

didn't know ace rated tribe so highly; also, siddx - i only heard that one goodie mob album in the day, the rest holds up? and yeah, i totally get having alternates to your list - there's a few on lock for me, but a few like Outkast that hit top 5 at least a few times a week for me.

Goodie Mob is more of a sentimental pick for me. I loved Soul Food but it's far from a perfect album. Still Standing is the same, lots of amazing tracks but some real low points too. But every time I hear it it reminds me of a really great summer I had back in the day.
World party was hot garbage.

Top 5 groups
Bone Thugs
Outkast
Cunninlynguist
Atmosphere
Three 6 Mafia

Then..in no order
Outlaws
Hot Boys
West Side Connection (only the 1st album)
Tha Dogg Pound
Geto Boys
TRU

not including label compilations as groups, Doomtree, GOOD music ect

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yall are wilding if yall think dipset were wack mc's. They may not be lyrical but they were awesome characters

Them Harlem ninjas are shot out

asap-long-live-asap.jpg

I've had this mixtape on repeat for the last couple weeks, I slept on him because well.. I had no idea who he was until I heard Palace, then listened to Purple Swag now I'm hooked. My favorite track off of tape has to be Demons.

What's Gaf's opinion and favorite song off this mixtape?

Wish I liked him very much....

RIP coldvein

didn't know ace rated tribe so highly; also, siddx - i only heard that one goodie mob album in the day, the rest holds up? and yeah, i totally get having alternates to your list - there's a few on lock for me, but a few like Outkast that hit top 5 at least a few times a week for me.

If I had duos my list would have been different... Outkast would have been number 1 for sure.

Yeah tribe touched everyone at one point.

Goodie Mob is more of a sentimental pick for me. I loved Soul Food but it's far from a perfect album. Still Standing is the same, lots of amazing tracks but some real low points too. But every time I hear it it reminds me of a really great summer I had back in the day.
World party was hot garbage.

That was Geto Boyz for me

I don't know how some of you can dislike the NiP video. Shits hype as fuck. I cant wait to burn some trees and watch that shit on my xbox.

Anyone else want a bluray with concert footage and music videos? Come on Ye hook us up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know how some of you can dislike the NiP video. Shits hype as fuck. I cant wait to burn some trees and watch that shit on my xbox.

Anyone else want a bluray with concert footage and music videos? Come on Ye hook us up.
Give me a collection of the WTT Voyr docs, and the actual documentary they filmed and I'm sold.

Macca

I'd be happy with a Blu Ray of that concert, and then a badass music video. The kaleidoscopic stuff did nothing for me, and it wasn't until the end it got interesting.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member

This man speaks the truth. Production is banging throughout, Gooch sounds a lot less slurry and is back to using hilarious and inventive personification of his posessions like "Gucci Mane you serious? Hell yeah i'm serious, red watch with the red chain my diamonds on they period!'

Peso is my favorite track from LiveLoveASAP. First five or so tracks are all fire though. Great overall tape.

So if KRIT's mixtape is pushed back, is his album getting pushed too?

Yeah I'm fearing for that release date quite a lot now. Initially K.R.I.T. pushed back the mixtape as it seemed he didn't wanna rush it out, but Def Jam are probably gonna be on some bullshit now until he comes up with a single making some waves on the chart. I mean they pushed back Jeezy's album like 50 times and this is a guy who has a platinum album and a couple of gold ones already behind him! And I don't think K.R.I.T. is going to be willing to water himself down or make some bullshit song with a really obvious sample for the ladies to attain success. I would love for him to be a huge success fa sho but not at the expense of what he does best. He's already claimed that making the mixtape is easier because he doesn't have to worry about sample clearances he can just use whatever as long as it sounds good whereas with his debut, he's gonna have to be more careful so i'm also kinda worried that the mixtape will come out better, as he's free to make that exactly the way he wants it while not so much with the album.

mubz

Banned
Section 80 finally clicked with me. Took quite a few listens, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

Didn't like it that much last year, but it finally clicked with me last month. I've been listening to nothing else but Kendrick and Schoolboy Q since then. It's safe to now say that Section.80 is my favorite album of 2011.

ADHD
Chapter Six
Ronald Reagan Era
Poe Mans Dreams
Spiteful Chant
Kush & Corinthians
HiiiPower

ahhh fuck it, Might as well post the entire tracklisting...

mubz

Banned
Rank Kanye's Albums
1- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2- College Dropout
3- Late Registration
4- Graduation

Whatever remains is/are irrelevant

Pick a coast to rep

East

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion

2Pac, despite being lyrically inferior, I have a greater appreciation of the raw emotion and poetry is instills in his music. They aren't faar apart though, I still Gimme The Loot and You're Nobody just as often as any other Pac song.

Forever legends in the game

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft

Hardly listen to him. But any comparisons made by Big Ghost when he reviews a drake album should do...

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.

Jay-Z was in tears live while being interviewed in Hot 97 after hearing Ether. Nuff said...

Flocka or Royce?

Flocka. Seriously lol

What you think of J. Cole?

He's aiight. Soft. Only liked a few songs outside of The Come Up. Needs stay away from Jay/Kanye and sign with Kenrick's crew (at Top Dawg), they'll be a great influence to him.

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)

During the Wu-Tang Golden Era: The GZA
Currently: Method Man

Overall: The GZA

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)

No he's a terrible rapper, and biggie is monotonous. Stupid question

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)

Lasers sucks.
I've always admired him for his political views.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
The latter

Pick an era of Eminem
Very hard. My favorite em albums are Marshall Mathers LP and Infinite. If I had to pick one, it would maybe be MMLP.

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
He's mentor is the greatest rapper of all time: Weezy

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
I don't mind his beats.
Hardly, he's one of my favourite rappers. His last release proved to everyone that he's far for being washed up. Greatest rapper of all time.

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
Of the two represent opposite ends of a scale, I'd give him an 8 towards the introspective side.

Top Albums/Mixtapes of the year
Jay Rock - Follow me Home
Vakill - Armor of God
CunninLynguists - Oneirology
Kendrick Lamar - Section.80
Elzhi - Elmatic

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
wish he could write lyrics,

Once in a while he says something clever. The appeal to me is more the production and the fact he goes with it so well. It's like maple syrup on bacon. By itself nobody is gonna sit there and eat a jug of maple syrup, but put it over bacon and it just works.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Once in a while he says something clever. The appeal to me is more the production and the fact he goes with it so well. It's like maple syrup on bacon. By itself nobody is gonna sit there and eat a jug of maple syrup, but put it over bacon and it just works.
don't know where your coming from, but i know exactly what you mean.

aaaaaaaaaaaah shit, Jigga, Esco and Alicia Keys at Carnegie Hall in new York.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTHtDKKxmw&feature=related
Fuck, what i woulda done to be a fly on the wall at that concert.
8:15 for Nas performing NY State of Mind.
fuck Kanye dickridin', this is what it's all about. anyone who fucking followed the Jay Z and Nas war (no, fucking reading about it on Wiki years after doesnt count) will appreciate Hova acting as the hype man for classic Nas tracks.

kamspy

Self-aware of what..?

His striking similarities to Pimp C, T-Mix and Organized Noize. On Wuz Here it kinda came of accidentally or naive...innocent. On R4 I can pick the songs out like, here's an ATLiens joint, here's an On Top of the World joint. etc.

Shit, top 5 groups? I'll go

1.Wu Tang Clan
2.UGK
3.NWA
4.Outkast
5.Bone Thugs

Nibel

Rank Kanye's Albums
1. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
2. College Dropout
3. 808s & Heartbreak
4. Graduation

Pick a coast to rep

Well, I'm from Germany. So I'm from the G-Side.
But if that doesn't count: I'm more interestet in westcoast rap.

Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion

Well.. didn't picking sides lead to the dilemma which happenend in the late 90's?
I started listening to rap because of my brother, and he and a bunch of other folks always prasied Tupac as the greatest rapper back then. I think I appreciate his music a bit more than Biggie's, but I respect both of them. Hope they rest in peace.

Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft

Soft as his girlfriend's buttcheeks - I liked some of his stuff, but that album.. man, that album.. let's forget about him..

Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.

Well, since Nas and me share the same prename... just kiddin'!
Seriously: Nas won.

Flocka or Royce?

I don't like any of them.. Flocka is.. well, he's calls himself Flocka and Royce is one of these rapper who can rap pretty fantastic but don't have that special something. Just my opinion, don't kill me!

What you think of J. Cole?

Saw him in Berlin last year, what an amazing show. Was really pumped for Cole World,
but it wasn't as good as it could have been. There are a few nice tracks, but this thing could have been much better.

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)

I liked Method Man in The Wire.

Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)

Not very good, but he had an one-in-a-million-voice and some good lyrics. Even as Pac listener I have to admit that most of Biggie's songs had dat funk.

Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)

6 - because of Lasers. This album.. man. I could destroy my keyboard when thinking about this one. Good lord. What the fuck was this dude thinking.

Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?

I think most people underestimate him. He isn't dumb - but he does a lot of stuff where it's obvious that he wants promotion, fame, marketing, whatever.

Pick an era of Eminem

Eminem Show - why? Because of these crazy ass videos. I miss blone Marshall..

How does Drake write such deep lyrics?

Take Care is my no.1 album of 2011 - I think he is capable of doing much better lyrics.
But to answer the question: he the fuckin' man, we don't get it don't we?

Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?

This x1000. How can such an amazing rapper pick such shitty beats?!

Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?

I got nothing to say about this guy.

Top Albums/Mixtapes of the year

- Take Care
- Watch The Throne
- Section 80.

Why is it always said that Jay-Z cried on Hot 97 when he heard Ether?
I swear all he did was start mumbling his words because you could tell the track got him heated. There weren't any tears though (were there?) people are acting like he was snivelling on the airwaves and shit.....

kamspy

Why is it always said that Jay-Z cried on Hot 97 when he heard Ether?
I swear all he did was start mumbling his words because you could tell the track got him heated. There weren't any tears though (were there?) people are acting like he was snivelling on the airwaves and shit.....

If you're just now seeing the irrational behavior of haters, you need to go back to school mane.

You can't reason with people who don't accept that Jay Z is the best rapper alive.

kamspy

Anyone getting into Southern shit, grab the Chopped and Screwed version of Slim Thug Boss Basics off Dat Piff. It's his TM101. Classic shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If you're just now seeing the irrational behavior of haters, you need to go back to school mane.

You can't reason with people who don't accept that Jay Z is the best rapper alive.

wow...Kam.. no!!!!! whhhyyyy?????

aaaaaaaaaaaah shit, Jigga, Esco and Alicia Keys at Carnegie Hall in new York.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXTHtDKKxmw&feature=related
Fuck, what i woulda done to be a fly on the wall at that concert.
8:15 for Nas performing NY State of Mind.
fuck Kanye dickridin', this is what it's all about. anyone who fucking followed the Jay Z and Nas war (no, fucking reading about it on Wiki years after doesnt count) will appreciate Hova acting as the hype man for classic Nas tracks.

I like how hyped as fuck everyone got when Nas came out.

The way it should be. Nas > Jigga

Come the fuck at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom