• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

Jay-Z > Nas > Tupac, forever.

j10s1zjg7foYl.png

kamspy

wow...Kam.. no!!!!! whhhyyyy?????
Cant say the sky ain't blue. Maybe its time for you to revisit some Hov. I dont even like saying it cuz in general my tastes are grimier, but I gotta give it up. God MC. I wasnt a Jordan fan either but I gave him props.

Esch

Banned
Jay is a dope pop artist.

Nas is a dope hip hop artist.

/walks away

no, that's bullshit.

Jigga has some great albums in Blueprint, Reasonable Doubt, and Black Album.I also happen to like American Gangster.

Nas has some great albums in Illmatic, It Was Written, Lost Tapes. I also happen to like Stillmatic.

It's 2011, just admit they both are dope as shit and hip hop would be worse without either. peace duns.

Tupac is worse than both.

Macca

So I ask then, why would you want a Black Album 2?
I don't doubt Jay's ability to make a good album. I enjoyed BP3 quite a bit. I realise that a Black Album 2 wouldn't be as good as the original, but something along the same lines, with similar producers would still be fantastic to me.

I don't doubt Jay's ability to make a good album. I enjoyed BP3 quite a bit. I realise that a Black Album 2 wouldn't be as good as the original, but something along the same lines, with similar producers would still be fantastic to me.

So what you're saying is that you want a new Jay-Z album?

kamspy

Nas hasn't made a legit good album since the 90s. If you take his recent albums, keep the lyrics and beats, but just put a random MC on it no one would be checking for that shit. It was hard for me to accept at first too.

Also, Nas would be on Kock by now if not for Takeover. Jay did more for Nas' career than Nas did.

I like how hyped as fuck everyone got when Nas came out.

The way it should be. Nas > Jigga

Come the fuck at me!
No. they're both bosses. Nas is more consistently lyrical, but it's not like Hova cant wreck a track when he chooses to (and it's not like Nas aint put out his fair share of straight garbage. the mid 90s to Stillmatic must have been brutally rough times for Nas-stans) When he goes all in, there arent many rappers out there that do it as good. the ones that could do it better are dead. (rip)
But I admit, he doesnt seem all that motivated these days.
Watch the Throne and BP3,it's like he aint even tryin. I wish Biggie was around to light a fire under his ass. these rap collabos with Kanye, (a average rapper to the core) aint cutting it. Nobody will give a fuck about "niggas in paris" in 5 years. It's this shit that never gets old.

4 Alarm blaze

Macca

No. they're both bosses. Nas is more consistently lyrical, but it's not like Hova cant wreck a track when he chooses to (and it's not like Nas aint put out his fair share of straight garbage. the mid 90s to Stillmatic must have been brutally rough times for Nas-stans) When he goes all in, there arent many rappers out there that do it as good. the ones that could do it better are dead. (rip)
Watch the Throne and BP3,it's like he aint even tryin. I wish Biggie was around to light a fire under his ass. these rap collabos with Kanye, (a average rapper to the core) aint cutting it. Nobody will give a fuck about "niggas in paris" in 5 years. It's this shit that never gets old.

4 Alarm blaze
Nobody will give a fuck? Yea right. NiP will still be big in 5 years, and it'll still be the song that gets people hyped at concerts.

It's fine to say that the song you posted is better, but to say nobody will give a fuck about NiP? That's just dumb.

T Dollarz

All I know is that Illmatic is my favorite album ever and Reasonable Doubt & Blueprint are probably top 20. Also, both Distant Relatives and Watch the Throne while not classics, are pretty damn enjoyable. As for ranking the two, fuck that, they're legends. There is no ranking.

Nas hasn't made a legit good album since the 90s. If you take his recent albums, keep the lyrics and beats, but just put a random MC on it no one would be checking for that shit. It was hard for me to accept at first too.

Also, Nas would be on Kock by now if not for Takeover. Jay did more for Nas' career than Nas did.

Oh please, take BP3 and have anyone rapping on it using Jay lyrics and that shit would have been slept on so hard. Only reason why people swear BP3 is the best thing since Aubrey going on that 1 year hiatus is the production. Lyrics were throwaway garbage to the highest degree.

Anyone who says they bump BP3 for lyrical value are fools, point blank period. Because Jay was beyond lazy on that album. Shit the best bar Jay has spit was on So Appalled.

4 Alarm blaze

Okay, Consequence, I think we get it now. You are mad Kanye dropped you from Good Music, but making these posts where you compliment one rapper then in the last two sentences you somehow end up dissing Kanye West won't get you signed to another label, so find another gimmick.

Also, confession: I really do like Jay-z but I've never been much of a fan of Blueprint. I like The Black Album more.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Jay Z is the most famous average rapper in history. Motherfucker is barely a 6 yet gets treated like a 10.

IrishNinja

haha, tokus celebrates the pre-cycle days right before another tired cycle resurrects.

Nas > Jay-Z, forever.

Nas>Jay
Blueprint>Stillmatic

Illmatic>It Was Written>Jay Z's catalog

these men are on the right side of history.

Lol, be real now, would a Black Album 2 really match the expectations set by it from its name?
Hell naw.

exactly; id fucking love to see jay put out something as dope as black album again, but it's not gonna happen. having those expectations is prolly why i enjoyed the fuck out of watch the throne and half of ya'll didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom