• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

This is what you fools need to be talking about:

Tha Connection - Raw Skills

3znKW.jpg

yo, gaf-hop help a buddy out. Can someone just recommend a few(I don't really care how many) non rap albums that yall really enjoyed within the last couple of years or so(it really doesn't matter just give me something good). Just would like to listen to some other stuff for a bit and generally i find myself liking the same stuff other rap fans like outside of the genre.

kamspy

yo, gaf-hop help a buddy out. Can someone just recommend a few(I don't really care how many) non rap albums that yall really enjoyed within the last couple of years or so(it really doesn't matter just give me something good). Just would like to listen to some other stuff for a bit and generally i find myself liking the same stuff other rap fans like outside of the genre.

Sublime - 40oz to Freedom

kamspy

I didn't like much off BP3. Not defending that one. It had a couple tracks. The only real bangers were Haters and On To The Next One. The rest is pretty meh.

nns3d

I thought Already Home was a good track, I used to play it all the time off of the 3rd Blueprint. BP3 is easily the weakest of the trilogy though.

kamspy

I can say BP3 was the first time I bought a Jay Z album and was disappointed. I've said that about every Nas album since I Am. Even that had iffy ass beats.

I am one of the Kingdom Come apologists.

Tokubetsu

yo, gaf-hop help a buddy out. Can someone just recommend a few(I don't really care how many) non rap albums that yall really enjoyed within the last couple of years or so. Just would like to listen to some other stuff for a bit and generally i find myself liking the same stuff other rap fans like outside of the genre.

iM76nfINjca6f.jpg
ibohmBYbkkIgGd.jpg

ishKoNTMHB0P0.jpg
i4H5MuekyToAS.jpg

Zomby's "Dedication" - Digital Rain
Behemoth's "Evangelion" - Ov Fire & The Void
Warpaint's "The Fool" - Burgundy
SBTRKT (Self-Titled) - Trials of The Past

I think Jay realised after Kingdom Come....he could relase anything and it would sell and cats would swear by it

Also co-fucking-sign on SBTRKT, if you like the album check out Little Dragon, their shit is too dope

I find it hilarious that No I.D. "challenged" Kanye to actually produce something for WTT, and the result was Otis. Tells you everything you need to know about him

DominoKid

Nero - Welcome Reality
Nero-Welcome-Reality.jpg

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
older cold play albums. old daft punk. some dubstep remixes (non of that wub wub crap) and pop gaf has some albums that kinda stuck with me *cough* ellie goulding- lights *cough*
don't juge me >_>

also i don't ever listen video game music even while playing games. but shatter was amazing.

Macca

Both albums from Justice. Cross and Audio, Video, Disco.

DVNO

Civilization

Calvin Harris - Ready for the Weekend

I'm Not Alone

Chromeo - Business Casual

Hot Mess

MSTRKRFT - Fist of God

Vuvuvu

Drake - Take Care

njean777

51B9KAGD2TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I Killed The Prom Queen: Music For The Recently Deceased

220px-Thrillseeker.jpg

August Burns Red: Thrill Seeker

51C5H25EZ1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Norma Jean: Redeemer

Most of these involve screaming vocals so be ready for that, also have much much more if you like any of it.

Some more bands:
Bring Me The Horizon
BlessTheFall
Asking Alexandria
Miss May I
The Devil Wears Prada
Killswitch Engage
As Cities Burn
Circa Survive

Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Gonjasufi - A Sufi and a Killer
Dark Suns - Orange
Kimbra - Vows
Cynic - Carbon Based Anontomy

SoilBreak

Banned

Lazerhawk - Visitors

ryRmd.png

Little People - Mickey Mouse Operation

hBaia.jpg

Kavinsky - 1986

x4lHv.gif

Danger - 09/17 2007

ZSKjO.jpg

Sublime - 40oz to Freedom
haha, that's such an awesome title.
Zomby's "Dedication" - Digital Rain
Behemoth's "Evangelion" - Ov Fire & The Void
Warpaint's "The Fool" - Burgundy
SBTRKT (Self-Titled) - Trials of The Past
I actually just bought that SBTRKT album a few days ago and fucking love it, never never is my shit. I dig the others and I'm not really a fan of metal(I guess deathmetal to be exact), but I'll give it a shot, need to open up my ears to more things this year.
Also co-fucking-sign on SBTRKT, if you like the album check out Little Dragon, their shit is too dope
What mainly interested in me in it actually was that I saw Little Dragon(props to Shinobi for puttin me up on that Ritual Union, that was great shit too) was featured on it so I figured I'll give it a shot.
Nero - Welcome Reality
thanks bro
older cold play albums. old daft punk. some dubstep remixes (non of that wub wub crap) and pop gaf has some albums that kinda stuck with me *cough* ellie goulding- lights *cough*
don't juge me >_>

also i don't ever listen video game music even while playing games. but shatter was amazing.
ah, you reminded me I've never really listened to a daft punk album despite liking their singles
Both albums from Justice. Cross and Audio, Video, Disco.

DVNO

Civilization

Calvin Harris - Ready for the Weekend

I'm Not Alone

Chromeo - Business Casual

Hot Mess

MSTRKRFT - Fist of God

Vuvuvu

Drake - Take Care
haha, I see what you did there. Also, I kind of noticed you really like that electronic type stuff huh
I Killed The Prom Queen: Music For The Recently Deceased

August Burns Red: Thrill Seeker

Norma Jean: Redeemer

Most of these involve screaming vocals so be ready for that, also have much much more if you like any of it.

Some more bands:
Bring Me The Horizon
BlessTheFall
Asking Alexandria
Miss May I
The Devil Wears Prada
Killswitch Engage
As Cities Burn
Circa Survive
I'll have to pick and choose from these too much music haha. But yeah if I like the rest of what Toku gave me, I'll try out more screaming vocals albums.
Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
Gonjasufi - A Sufi and a Killer
Dark Suns - Orange
Kimbra - Vows
Cynic - Carbon Based Anontomy

Black Keys. MGMT - Oracular Spectacular. Bon Iver - Bon Iver. Arcade Fire. Lykke Li. Gorillaz. Foster the People. Should be good.
Preciate it! Going to have to pick and choose between these then wait till I get more money lol. Just need to open my ears to more genres. I love yall

haha, that's such an awesome title.

I actually just bought that SBTRKT album a few days ago and fucking love it, never never is my shit. I dig the others and I'm not really a fan of metal(I guess deathmetal to be exact), but I'll give it a shot, need to open up my ears to more things this year.

What mainly interested in me in it actually was that I saw Little Dragon(props to Shinobi for puttin me up on that Ritual Union, that was great shit too) was featured on it so I figured I'll give it a shot.

thanks bro

ah, you reminded me I've never really listened to a daft punk album despite liking their singles

haha, I see what you did there. Also, I kind of noticed you really like that electronic type stuff huh

I'll have to pick and choose from these too much music haha. But yeah if I like the rest of what Toku gave me, I'll try out more screaming vocals albums.

Preciate it! Going to have to pick and choose between these then wait till I get more money lol. Just need to open my ears to more genres. I love yall

if I had to choose between my recs, it'd be the first 3.
Cosmogramma is my favorite album of 2010
Intronaut is the best non-hip-hop album of 2010 (cept for Cosmogramma)
And Gonjasufi still gets rotation from me.

mubz

Banned
If you're just now seeing the irrational behavior of haters, you need to go back to school mane.

You can't reason with people who don't accept that Jay Z is the best rapper alive.

You're not exactly doing yourself any favors be declaring anyone that sides with Nas as a "Jay-Z hater". You sound childish.

cashman

Banned
Getting a little bit more caught up with hip hop. I just listened to some of A$AP Rocky's mixtape, and it got me excited again.

I've been listening to some Crystal Fighters lately

CRS

220px-Lupe_Fiasco_Lasers.jpg

unplug yourself from slug first.
Oh shit.

CRS

CRS

tumblr_lz7b39YONd1qah63ro1_r1_500.jpg

Six years ago today, hip-hop lost an irreplaceable legend in James Dewitt Yancey, better known as Jay Dee or J Dilla. Dilla was and will always be a member of New World Color. NWC co-founder, Mainframe, worked on and released Dilla & Steve Spacek’s “Dollar Circulate” on Sound In Color, played a major part in the creation of Jay Love Japan, and engineered many of The Shining sessions. In 2009, Mainframe teamed up with Dilla’s mother, Ma Dukes, and Brooklyn-based label, Nature Sounds, to release Dilla’s third posthumous album, Jay Stay Paid, of which he acted as A&R. Jay Stay Paid also featured New World Color brother Danny Brown on “Dilla Bot VS. The Hybrid.” In honor and in celebration of the incredible life and the timeless music Dilla gave the world, we’re releasing the original demo of “Dilla Bot VS. The Hybrid.” Enjoy the track and never stop spreading the legend of J Dilla.

R.I.P. Dilla Dog.

-Kango

Danny Brown vs. Dilla [DEMO]

Esch

Banned
kanye is an average rapper.if you think he's bringing something legit to the lyrical table you're a stan.

blueprint 3 was horse nuts aside from 5 songs.

Tupac is a perfect comparison to muhammad ali(inferior to the true great in Joe Louis).

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom