• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
This thread is a wonderland of good music. I've been meaning to get back into hip-hop, and the recommendations here are just what I was looking for.

I've listened to that Black Star album like 3x in the last day, haha.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Why is 2chains geeting so much support? Anyone? Please die 2chains.

I guess it depends on your mileage for Atlanta trap rap, but personally I feel he's pretty charismatic, has great delivery and can be quite funny. Here's a few dope 2 chaaiinnzz jams.

Get It In (off of Trapavelli 2)

Kitchen Remix ft. Young Jeezy & Pusha T (Off of Codeine Cowboy)

I'm Raw (Off of Trapavelli)

Lo Bootz ft. Vado (Off of Codeine Cowboy)

Pimps (Off of Codeine Cowboy)

Turnt Up Freestyle (dunno where this is from, dunno why he shot a video with a nice car for a freestyle lol

OG Kush

Kenrick's rhyme scheme on his latest track is really bad. hes done the same type on a few other tracks as well. Why does he keep doing this weird accent/scew his voice type thing?

SoilBreak

Banned

Green Ova Undergrounds & Main Attrakionz - Diamonds Of God EP

Tc8mg.jpg

GOAT

Listened to half of Pl3dge so far. Good lord this album is incredible so far.

Definitely one of best rap releases of 2011

JEKKI

maaaaaan I been listenin to sum shyt lately;

51R0BWEJDhL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I fux with the Hiero, and anything Casual's done since 3EV is kinda ehhhh... this is pretty good tho, definitely the best record he put out since Fear Itself.

51rZIxa6QTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

more Hiero. This is Tajai on boom bap shyt. Real good, but it's a mixtape filled with a lot of older songs u may have already heard if u pay attention to lots of obscure and slept on underground records. Basically, a collection of songs Tajai has guest versed on, but still real good.

41yolTxdwfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

no idea who these guys are, but they've been top sellers at ughh for a while so I decided to check them out. Real good~!!! Basically throwback boom bap type music, but goes above and beyond to make it stand out. To compare it to other recent stuff ppl may have listened to, it's way better than Has-Lo.

sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGJn7mVU9A

61P5xBzxLDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

not much to say about this one, basically becoz Im sure most ppl already heard it and talked about it, but it's fantastic. If u havent got it, definitely pick it up.

TN4mT.jpg

this one Im posting coz I really like the cover lol. But it is also real good.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMtPvwAa5o

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Okay, so after just hearing about Bon Iver last night (a guy who had his debut album in 2008, yet won 'best new artist?') I decided to check him out.

He is the guy all comedians are making fun of when they talk about "white music." Fucking awful. What the shit? Even Mr. Paula Abdul is better than that.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Okay, so after just hearing about Bon Iver last night (a guy who had his debut album in 2008, yet won 'best new artist?') I decided to check him out.

He is the guy all comedians are making fun of when they talk about "white music." Fucking awful. What the shit? Even Mr. Paula Abdul is better than that.

He has exactly one song I like, and I don't know why because you are correct, he is just repulsive. It's some track whose name I don't even remember now but I listened to endlessly years ago. He reminds me of the dipshits I met while spending the summer in the middle of fucking nowhere Wisconsin.

Moris, lock it down. I had a girl like that once, she surprised me one day with VIP tickets to Rock The Bells. Me being me, I fucked everything up shortly afterwards. Moral of the story is : hamburgers.

Tokubetsu

Bon Iver is great.

Recon

Banned
Bon Iver is good. Although I disagree with him being a new artist, he was the best nominee in that category. Anything is better than fucking Nicki winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom