• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I give Slaughterhouse props for actually making music, though.

The Horsemen as a group is 3x as sick, but they only see fit to release one song per decade.

I still remember buying Canibus' 2000 B.C., day one, and how hyped I got over the horesemen track. Motherfuckers it's 2011 now!
Ephemeris said:
Get out of my mind K.Jack
hypnotoad.gif

You feel that Buddens is a whiny bitch.

RPS37

Finally listening to The Reason for the first time....

Four Hours Later......
Yeah. I really like it. Production is even top notch. I can't stop listening, even when I think I'm going to.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Not sure if this has been posted -

Gucci Mane Ordered to Mental Facility

Rapper Gucci Mane has been admitted to a mental health facility to determine whether he is fit to face prosecution for a parole violation.

He was booked on obstruction and traffic charges after he was allegedly spotted driving recklessly, but prosecutors spared him more legal hassle and dropped the case against him.

Mane's attorney had pleaded for some leniency and asked he be placed on house arrest, but the judge rejected the argument and the star now faces a maximum 17-month sentence if he is found guilty.

However, the rapper could still land a lucky escape - according to Tmz.com, he filed a Special Plea of Mental Incompetency document, claiming he was in no state to "intelligently participate in the probation revocation hearing".

MMaRsu

Ok so I'm talking to this girl who claims she likes hiphop so I let her hear Nas - Represent and said she didn't like the beat. Wut :p

HiResDes

MMaRsu said:
Ok so I'm talking to this girl who claims she likes hiphop so I let her hear Nas - Represent and said she didn't like the beat. Wut :p
Play Halftime, if she doesn't like it just stop talking to her entirely no matter how attractive she is.

DominoKid

MMaRsu said:

thats not one of Illmatic's better beats though.

now if she said that about The World Is Yours then you might be onto something

Tokubetsu

theignoramus said:
Diabolic feat. Immortal Technique - Frontlines
Don't care if it's been posted, probably my favourite song from last year.
"i firebomb entire songs/won't stop till the entire world's inside my palm like viacom"

every other line of this track is nice as fuck.

Fucking LOVE this album. I kept posting shit but no one here cares about Diabolic :lol

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this album though. 12 Shots is my shit.

Side Note, I'm loving this new unreleased Freddie Gibbs track:
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2011/01/new-music-freddie-gibbs-its-all-cognac-unreleased

PBY

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Fucking LOVE this album. I kept posting shit but no one here cares about Diabolic :lol

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed this album though. 12 Shots is my shit.
I liked it a lot, but it was so damn dark- you had to be in a very specific mood to listen to it.

I just ran into this (old?) 'Bis joint a few days back, the wordplay in it is ridiculously slick, the shit should be on the Kill Bill soundtrack.:lol
Bis-Black Cobra I
(sound quality is shit, apologies)

Guyanese flyin knees bust through pine trees//
Cantonese ninth degree Muay Thai Chi//
Bionic reflex, electronic defence//
Knees bent, jump straight up, rapid descent//
My feet imprint, left in the cement//
All they ever saw was the black silhouette thru the Jeep tint//...

I said goddamn.

dvdjamm

I'm thinking to myself "Why would Em put Wayne on his album if he didn't like the guy" but I saw this in a hip-hop forum...

tumblr_ldo2rtt2Qq1qc8h8yo1_500.gif

HiResDes said:
Replace them all with Roc Marciano...Oh yeah then it'd just be Roc Marciano :lol

This is a good idea :lol

I've been listening to Macberg nonstop. I held off most of last year; had the album, listened to part of the first song and moved on. But god damn this shit is great. It's like someone mixed 95 era Prodigy with 95 era Havoc's production skills.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
yelawolf is so underrated. or pretty much unknown around my parts. personally i love his style.

ive yet to listen to any complete album/mixtape by him though.

Tokubetsu

Bad_Boy said:
yelawolf is so underrated. or pretty much unknown around my parts. personally i love his style.

ive yet to listen to any complete album/mixtape by him though.

Get Trunk Muzik right now.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Tokubetsu said:
Get Trunk Muzik right now.
will do. only 12 songs though, does he have another mixtape/album?

listening to this quest mixtape now. Idk know if it's the voice, but he gives me a lupe vibe. but the production is very different. loving it so far.

Tokubetsu

Bad_Boy said:
will do. only 12 songs though, does he have another mixtape/album?

listening to this quest mixtape now. Idk know if it's the voice, but he gives me a lupe vibe. but the production is very different. loving it so far.

Well his "album" Trunk Muzik 0-60 is basically the mixtape he released january last year but with a couple new tracks (Daddy's Lambo and billy crystal being two of my favorite yela tracks now). He's recording his actual debut right now though.

Wiz has a new video of the 10,000th remix of Black and Yellow.

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/01/07...x-f-juicy-j-snoop-dogg-t-pain-video/#comments

While this isnt the most interesting news, some dude is masquerading 2dopeboyz as Ghostface Killah leaving hilarious comments such as this. Shit had me crying :lol

Ayo this Big Tony the Wally Champ aka the Black Gandhi otherwise known as Ghostface. Ayo Wiz I dont know why ya aint holla at the god when ya made this shit but Imma pardon that. Word. Imma go on tour with ya tho. Imma go on tour wit ya Wiz n Imma bag all them hoes ya tryna holla at. Nigga I be takin bitches on romantic excursions when I tour. I bag a broad n tell her ay listen Imma let ya fine ass sit on golden elephants with the god. I say shit like Imma feed ya fine ass chocolate rose pedals then Imma take ya to the ocean n we gon ride on silver dolphins at sunset. Word n Imma dick ya down all slow like on the beach then you n the god gon ride off into the waves under the moonlight on a orca n shit. Bitches love that kinda talk. Once that happen the broad usually like gummi worms in a nigga hand. Boom. Then I usually end up takin the broad to the underground parking n dick her down in the stairwell n Im out.

IrishNinja

K.Jack said:
Replace Budden with Bun B, and the group is perfect.

ok, ive still gotta get around to Mood Muzik 4 (and slaughterhouse's album, come to think of it) but why shit on buddens? he's whiny on interviews and taking shots on meth was a dumb publicity stunt, but last i heard of his mixtapes he hadn't fallen off at least.

by the way, i propose a game: every time we go 5 pages or more without someone asking/mentioning detox, one of ya'll should sneak one of the pics from the now-tragically-defunct "real life chun-li" thread in here as a reward. i'm serious, i know im fucking shit up by namedropping it now, but it really is a quiet victory when we dont troll ourselves.

LOZLINK

this ghostface imitator is hilarious
"Ayo whattup this that nigga Theodore aka Ghostface! Whattup to that nigga 50 Cent too. That old beef dead so we break breadcrumbs n all that. But yo my company Starks Enterprises is developing a new line of headphones too yo. They called Divine Mongoose Deluxe by Tony Starks namsayin. These shits got 6 inch subwoofers built in n shit. Imma rock niggas with these joints in the summer yo. You can get them in blue n beige or brown n cream. I call them brown n cream shits the ice cream sandwich joints. They got real mongoose fur on the inside to keep niggas ears warm n all that. The wires is thick like garden hoses so ya aint gotta worry bout them shits snappin off neither nahmean! N if ya gotta slap a nigga for disrespectin ya gate ya can put marks on a nigga with them shits. Ayo the god rockin the prototypes right now as we speak. Shit is heavy as fuck tho so yall little niggas with necks like babies arms might not be able to hold your heads up with them shits on. But yo this shit built for hardbody niggas so that might not be yalls lane anyway. Might need to go cop the little colorful ear bud joints with the jellies. Word."

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
IrishNinja said:
ok, ive still gotta get around to Mood Muzik 4 (and slaughterhouse's album, come to think of it) but why shit on buddens? he's whiny on interviews and taking shots on meth was a dumb publicity stunt, but last i heard of his mixtapes he hadn't fallen off at least.
I have nothing against him, I just think he's redundant in a group featuring Joell, Crooked, and Royce.

B would add so much flavor.

HiResDes

Acid08 said:
The Reason is pretty good but man, I think that guy singtalks too much.
Yeah it becomes a little much, I still can't decide if I like it better than How Thoughtful, which is a classic in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom