• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

K.Jack said:
A verse about beating up a chick. Awesome, Eminem. I hate you now.

That gave me a good laugh.

Where have you been? Eminem rapping about this stuff is nothing new. Honestly, I like murder kill rap Em the most. He should just go back to "As The World Turns" Eminem full time. Go go gadget dick!

"All I wanted to do was rape the bitch and snatch her purse/ Now I wanna kill her! But yo, I gotta catch her first!"

From now on, every post I make this thread is gonna be a lyric from Slim Shady LP about fucking fat bitches to death or taking drugs and killing people.

effzee

Tokubetsu said:
Where have you been? Eminem rapping about this stuff is nothing new. Honestly, I like murder kill rap Em the most. He should just go back to "As The World Turns" Eminem full time. Go go gadget dick!

"All I wanted to do was rape the bitch and snatch her purse/ Now I wanna kill her! But yo, I gotta catch her first!"

From now on, every post I make this thread is gonna be a lyric from Slim Shady LP about fucking fat bitches to death or taking drugs and killing people.

Yeah I do find it funny. Oh Eminem is bitching about his wife again. Oh he is rapping about his daughters again. Oh he is rapping about his drugs problems again. Oh he is rapping about killing people again.

Thats all he is. Might as well not listen to him if you expect him to rap about something other than that.

But about the track...wasn't Ross dissing him all last year? Now he did the remix? And the verse sucks balls. Cocaine was good though.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Check my edit. It's not the content which bothers me, it's the style.

SSLP Em had a sick ass style, which he can no longer capture, and when he tries it sounds terrible to me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
effzee said:
Yeah I do find it funny. Oh Eminem is bitching about his wife again. Oh he is rapping about his daughters again. Oh he is rapping about his drugs problems again. Oh he is rapping about killing people again.

Thats all he is. Might as well not listen to him if you expect him to rap about something other than that.

But about the track...wasn't Ross dissing him all last year? Now he did the remix? And the verse sucks balls. Cocaine was good though.
Ross dissing Em? Is he crazy?

And weird, that's why I'm not a huge Ross fan either, some of it sounds like literally the same shit rehashed to me. I'm not talking about the same topics, but literally some of the same verses rehashed so much they sound like same songs. Oh and Lex Luger gets way too much praise as a producer than he deservers, so I don't really like that alignment either.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:

And weird, that's why I'm not a huge Ross fan either, some of it sounds like literally the same shit rehashed to me. I'm not talking about the same topics, but literally some of the same verses rehashed so much they sound like same songs. Oh and Lex Luger gets way too much praise as a producer than he deservers, so I don't really like that alignment either.

*Lex Luger Count Down Sound Clip*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My favourite Ross song for reference: Cross That Line. Song goes in my "near perfect" song category. Ross delivery was much better on Port of Miami, compared to everything else he's done since IMO.

Push It was also my song forever, mostly because I love Scarface though.

Nabs

they need bellowzino on that list. i still want that instrumental.

gonna watch a bunch of these. lacs and prices, aw yeah... i'd hurt someone to hear TI on another slow mo track. offer is on the table.

effzee

DominoKid said:
what the fuck???

:lol :lol :lol :lol

that was awful in ways words cannot describe

Yeah it really was but a lot of this stuff seems like it was never meant to be released. His song with Royce, the song with Dre "I Need a Doctor" which sounded like it was recorded in a kids basement, the song with Jay Z which is about 6 yrs old, Cocaine which was left off of Relapse (don't know why since its actually good), some song about proof where he is crying, and now this remix which is about 6 months late if it was supposed to breathe life into that single.

Some stuff should stay in the vault and never be released. I'll take the Royce and Dre songs though.

enzo_gt said:

Yeah Ross was dissing Em heavy spring 09 when Relapse was about to come out but I think was a carry over from the 50 cent beef. I'm not a Ross fan at all from his production to his verses to his style but I know that going into a Ross song so I'm not shocked if I hear him talking about his cars and bitches.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lex Luger made one great beat. And he keeps selling that same beat to everyone. Seriously if you stripped the vocals out and left them as instrumentals, I couldn't tell you which song is which despite having heard hard in the paint, mc hammer, and BMF multiple times.
Fuck that hack producer, he wont be here in 3 months.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
effzee said:
Where has lil john gone?

Still around, just more low key. But he has been producing songs pretty consistently over the last year or two. I thought I heard someone say he has been doing some techno too.

HiResDes

siddx said:
Still around, just more low key. But he has been producing songs pretty consistently over the last year or two. I thought I heard someone say he has been doing some techno too.
Yeah he made a couple of tracks with Diplo that were actually hard-electro, but I was just lazy and called it techno.

effzee said:
Yeah it really was but a lot of this stuff seems like it was never meant to be released. His song with Royce, the song with Dre "I Need a Doctor" which sounded like it was recorded in a kids basement, the song with Jay Z which is about 6 yrs old, Cocaine which was left off of Relapse (don't know why since its actually good), some song about proof where he is crying, and now this remix which is about 6 months late if it was supposed to breathe life into that single.

Some stuff should stay in the vault and never be released. I'll take the Royce and Dre songs though.

Yeah Ross was dissing Em heavy spring 09 when Relapse was about to come out but I think was a carry over from the 50 cent beef. I'm not a Ross fan at all from his production to his verses to his style but I know that going into a Ross song so I'm not shocked if I hear him talking about his cars and bitches.

That's because it wasn't officially released. some dude just leaked it But yeah outside of Echo, I hate most of his new shit, and I'm a huge Eminem Stan.

But that's what he does, he tries too hard to be what he once was, fails. Tries to be more mature ( Recovery) and can't do it because that's not Eminem. Em is a juvenile, crazy, sexist asshole...that who he is. Plus the drug probably helped him out ironically.

But next CD he'll have a new gimmick (accents and yelling) that will be cool and have people saying that Em is back and then he'll run it into the ground. and the cycle starts again

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
Lex Luger made one great beat. And he keeps selling that same beat to everyone. Seriously if you stripped the vocals out and left them as instrumentals, I couldn't tell you which song is which despite having heard hard in the paint, mc hammer, and BMF multiple times.
Preach.

Tokubetsu said:
Pussy Licker? Seriously? Seriously?

Nabs

Listening to this G-Side/Block Beattaz Remix of "Feel The..." with Stevie Joe/ Freddie Gibbs

http://trapsntrunks.com/?p=20482

Not feeling the first dude, but the rest of the song is fire.

Karate-Kid.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx said:

lol, imagine his supposed watch the throne track is yet another retread :lol

LOZLINK

I hope Rae's album is just like Butter Knives. Song is fucking dope. Like I'm talking classic wu dope shit. Beat sounds like something you'd hear on OB4CL1

enzo_gt said:
Pussy Licker? Seriously? Seriously?

BET's Uncut was just a half hour of the most low-budget, shitty hood rap you could think of. But it was funny as hell, just for the crappy videos and terrible songs.

I think MC Hammer is my favorite iteration of the Reflection of Perfection's beat.

Maybe that joke would have carried over better in WrestleGAF.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
LOZLINK said:
I hope Rae's album is just like Butter Knives. Song is fucking dope. Like I'm talking classic wu dope shit. Beat sounds like something you'd hear on OB4CL1
Give me ten Butter Knives level tracks, and it will be in the discussion for Top 5 Wu albums. I wish RZA would hear that beat and have an "oh yeah" light-bulb over the head moments.

I'm excited to hear a Ghost album with that type of production.

HiResDes

spindashing said:
I think MC Hammer is my favorite iteration of the Reflection of Perfection's beat.

Maybe that joke would have carried over better in WrestleGAF.
NetWrecker already beat you with the wrestling jokes :lol

HiResDes said:
If anybody cops the new Sha Stimuli before me please let me know how it compares to his last album?

I have the iTunes version and I think its better than his debut album (the iTunes ver has a few extra songs and a few added features than the Amazon version does). There are 1 or 2 beats I don't like after a few listens (mainly the song with Big Pooh), but he spits hard from front to back and really shows off the lyricism that got me hooked on him from his "mixtape every month" campaign. Only real disappointing song lyrically is "Game Over" which completely falls apart towards the end. He recycled a verse about Nintendo Wii that he's used on 2 other mixtapes and then the quality of the rhymes gets embarassingly bad after that. Thankfully it's just a blip on the radar of an otherwise really quality album. It was obvious he dumbed down his lyrics and flow a bit to touch topics on "My Soul To Keep", he said as much on the remix tape Overtime: My Soul To Keep, this album is more in line with who Sha Stimuli really is, without sacrificing his message.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
If anybody cops the new Sha Stimuli before me please let me know how it compares to his last album?
Haven't heard it yet, but I fucking loved his last album, so I hope its more of that or even better

HiResDes

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
It's a little rough as he recoded it in his house, but any feedback would be appreciated: Charles Bronson

Love it, sounds almost like some Roc Marciano shit. Some straight grimy shit. The only advice I'd have is maybe cleanup the hook a little bit somehow and there definitely needs to be at least one more verse...It can't just ride out like that

The latest Bum Life track is up as well, Doo Doo Doop Doop - It might be the funniest yet with me doing a Young Humma voice at the end. We're getting back to our roots of making songs out of strict freestyles. And we have some Turquoise Jeep Records like videos planned in the works as well. :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom