• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Tguy said:
Alright, preciate it and dragon quarter is the shit...A shame most BoF fans don't like it.

Yea, go grab midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik and str8 killa no filla and str8 killa ep ASAP.

RPS37

Zero Heroes tracklisting:

O2dQA.jpg

01. XV - Wichita [Prod. By Just Blaze]
02. XV - Heroes Eventually Die (Interlude)
03. XV - When We're Done [Prod. By Seven]
04. XV - Smallville [Prod. By J. Cole]
05. XV - That's Just Me [Prod. By Swiff D]
06. XV - Awesome (Feat. Pusha T) [Prod. By Seven]
07. XV - Pictures On My Wall [Prod. By Seven]
08. XV - Textbook Stuff (Feat. Kendrick Lamar) [Prod. By Seven]
09. XV - All For Me (Feat. CyHi Da Prynce, Vado & Erin Christine) [Prod. By Omen & Audio BLK]
10. XV - U.F.C. (Feat. Kristina Rose) [Prod. By Seven]
11. XV - Foreign Exchange Student [Prod. By Miami Horror]
12. XV - Swervin' [Prod. By Seven]
13. XV - Best Days Of Lives (Feat. Donnis) [Prod. By The Awesome Sound]
14. XV - Ending Credits (Interlude)
15. XV - The Last Hero (Feat. Patrick Stump) [Prod. By Seven]
Download at Livemixtapes

CRS

Pinko Marx said:
It amazes me how some producers flip a sample.
Kno is the one that amazes me the most with the use of his samples. Recently, Murder's and My Habit's samples blow my mind.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Kno is the one that amazes me the most with the use of his samples. Recently, Murder's and My Habit's samples blow my mind.

I would love to see Kno and Ant team up to produce something. Would either be the most amazing thing ever or a complete disaster.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fantastic production on that XV album but XV is just such a generic and boring rapper, it's a shame.

Jay Sosa

siddx said:
Fantastic production on that XV album but XV is just such a generic and boring rapper, it's a shame.

i couldnt disagree more, maybe you have to
be a nerd yourself to appreciate his stuff. cant wait to hear his new tape, loved vizzy zone.

RPS37

So far, diggin Pictures on My Wall and the song after.

Frou Frou sample (done before, but I def remember this song when I listened to Frou Frou)

and there's K Dot. Nice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Back on WTT hype train with that Mike Dean interview. Renting out floors of hotels lets me know Ye is still in the lab cooking up some good shit. He also shouts out based god and some creator and ocean guys I've never heard of.

HiResDes said:
600 Benz bangs so hard in my system in my pocket rocket Honda : )

Is it a rice burner?

EDIT-Listening to The Carter III again. I really don't have a problem with Lil Wayne except for some of his more questionable choices in songs lately, but:

Shooter (Carter II actually)
3 Peat
Let the Beat Build
Dr. Carter

Are great

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Is it a rice burner?

EDIT-Listening to The Carter III again. I really don't have a problem with Lil Wayne except for some of his more questionable choices in songs lately, but:

Shooter (Carter II actually)
3 Peat
Let the Beat Build
Dr. Carter

Are great
Carter III was a really good album.. for what it was.

It wasn't mixtape Weezy, but still was a great half pop half rap album. Mrs. Officer was good too before it was played the fuck out. The Alchemist song was alright too. Lol he didn't even know Dr. Carter was on the album after it released.

Kaizer

Banned
La La was one of my faves from Tha Carter III, it's just ridiculously funny -"NIGGA I'M THE SHIT/GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY TOILET". I really wish This Wayne would return though, still one of my favorite verses from him.

I don't know if I agree with y'all on XV though, I guess I can see why you'd label him generic, but I guess I can relate to his rapping topics. Anyone that samples Utada, names a song after Final Fantasy and brags about comics and video games in general gets play from me.

Tokubetsu

Vik_Vaughn said:
Been trying to find a working link for the 'No DJ' version. Help?

I had it up on my site for awhile but that's down. If you can't find one by time you see this, I'll try to reup my copy tonight.

CRS

CunninLynguists Tour Dates:
ONEIROLOGY U.S. TOUR DATES
CunninLynguists ft. DJ FlipFlop

Mon-Apr-25: Carrboro, NC @ Cat’s Cradle
w/ Devin the Dude & Homeboy Sandman

Tue-Apr-26: Wilmington, NC @ Soapbox
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Wed-Apr-27: Washington DC @ DC9
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Thu-Apr-28: Baltimore, MD @ Sonar
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Sat-Apr-30:M Brooklyn, NY @ Knitting Factory
w/ Tonedeff & Blue Sky Black Death

Sun-May-01: Boston, MA @ Middle East
w/ Tonedeff, Homeboy Sandman & Blue Sky Black Death

Mon-May-02: Burlington, VT @ Higher Ground
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Wed-May-04: Chicago, IL @ Reggie’s
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Thu-May-05: Madison, WI @ Majestic

Fri-May-06: Minneapolis, MN @ Fine Line
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Mon-May-09: Ft. Collins @ Aggie Theatre

Tue-May-10: Aspen, CO @ Belly Up
Special Guests: Tonedeff & Blue Sky Black Death

Wed-May-11: Denver, CO @ Cervantes

Thu-May-12: Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre

Fri-May-13: Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Lounge
w/ Homeboy Sandman & Tonedeff

Sat-May-14: Boise, ID @ Fatty’s Downtown
w/ Homeboy Sandman & Tonedeff

Sun-May-15: Seattle, WA @ Crocodile Café

Mon-May-16: Bellingham, WA @ Wild Buffalo

Tue-May-17: Portland, OR @ Peter’s Room (Roseland Theater)

Wed-May-18: San Francisco, CA @ Slim’s

Thu-May-19: Santa Cruz, CA @ Catalyst (Atrium)

Fri-May-20: Los Angeles, CA @ The El Rey Theatre

Sat-May-21: Yuma, AZ @ The Dunes
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Sun-May-22: Tempe, AZ @ Chasers
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Mon-May-23: Albuquerque, NM @ Warehouse 508
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Thu-May-26: St. Louis, MO @ Gramophone
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Fri-May-27: Louisville, KY @ The Vernon
w/ Homeboy Sandman

Sat-May-28: Atlanta, GA @ The Five Spot
w/ Homeboy Sandman
I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it to a show. :(
Tickets

Tokubetsu

Hey look, no florida dates. of course! Even if there were FL dates, they probably wouldn't even hit South FL anyway! The one time I had a chance to see them was back in 07 and the venue was 21+ and I was like 19 at the time. Fuck my life.

Recon

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Hey look, no florida dates. of course! Even if there were FL dates, they probably wouldn't even hit South FL anyway! The one time I had a chance to see them was back in 07 and the venue was 21+ and I was like 19 at the time. Fuck my life.
No michigan dates either...ughh, every hiphop show I have been to in michigan has been sold out, its a good tour stop,especially for the smaller venues.

awesome a Louisville date, will be there

also just now listening to the new Atmosphere, the first 3 tracks could have been cut, album starts to pick up with Just For Show

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kaizer said:
La La was one of my faves from Tha Carter III, it's just ridiculously funny -"NIGGA I'M THE SHIT/GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY TOILET". I really wish This Wayne would return though, still one of my favorite verses from him.

I don't know if I agree with y'all on XV though, I guess I can see why you'd label him generic, but I guess I can relate to his rapping topics. Anyone that samples Utada, names a song after Final Fantasy and brags about comics and video games in general gets play from me.
The original La La La is the best song Lil Wayne has ever made.

overcast

GodfatherX said:
awesome a Louisville date, will be there

also just now listening to the new Atmosphere, the first 3 tracks could have been cut, album starts to pick up with Just For Show
What? The first three songs include 2 of my favorites. In fact I love all three of those tracks man. Tell us what you think when you finish up.

kamspy

No Cincy dates. Note to hip hoppers in other states: don't shoot T.I.'s manager if you want a stream of hip hop shows. We use to get a ton between Top Cats, The Ritz and Bogarts. Now we get almost none, and it all seemed to stop after that shooting.

overcast said:
What? The first three songs include 2 of my favorites. In fact I love all three of those tracks man. Tell us what you think when you finish up.
after 1 listen and a 12 pack here are my impressions of the following

Atmosphere - The Family Sign
overall liked what I heard but well short of their When Life Gives You Lemons and To All My Friends but looking forward to more listens as Atmosphere is something that usually doesn't impress me on first listen but grows on you, and then turns to amazin

XV - Zero Heroes
I have been very down on XV lately, but this mixtape is a return to form. Great production from Seven, and XV being himself instead of whatever the fuck it is he was trying to force on Vizzy Zone, looking forward to see what Seven ghost produced on Detox

Brotha Lynch Hung - Coathanga Strangala
by far his best work since EBK, very good dark as shit west coast album. Lynch varies his subject matter slightly, but the main thing here is the production including 11 beats by Seven. Lynch has tightened up his lyrics and flow which were my main issues with his last album.

overcast

GodfatherX said:
after 1 listen and a 12 pack here are my impressions of the following

Atmosphere - The Family Sign
overall liked what I heard but well short of their When Life Gives You Lemons and To All My Friends but looking forward to more listens as Atmosphere is something that usually doesn't impress me on first listen but grows on you, and then turns to amazin
I do agree that it doesn't quite reach Lemons.

I really liked Zero Heroes. The production is indeed awesome. I feel like this is one of the more consistent XV mixtapes.

overcast said:
I do agree that it doesn't quite reach Lemons.

I really liked Zero Heroes. The production is indeed awesome. I feel like this is one of the more consistent XV mixtapes.
yeah, especially of the main XV mixtapes (basicalllly excluding please hold and 30 minute layover) its up there with Square in the Circle and Everybody's Nobody, although I don't really hera any singles like Mirrors Edge othe then that song with the fall out boy singer

also currently drunk home studio time (the best of times), using this sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de4xNrEj3eI and making it about 1 million times more eerie, might throw it on GAF for somebody to get on it

and fuck just realized I'll be on vacay down in Tampa when the Oneirology tour hits the ville

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GodfatherX said:
yeah, especially of the main XV mixtapes (basicalllly excluding please hold and 30 minute layover) its up there with Square in the Circle and Everybody's Nobody, although I don't really hera any singles like Mirrors Edge othe then that song with the fall out boy singer

also currently drunk home studio time (the best of times), using this sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de4xNrEj3eI and making it about 1 million times more eerie, might throw it on GAF for somebody to get on it

and fuck just realized I'll be on vacay down in Tampa when the Oneirology tour hits the ville
Everybody's Nobody was my in to XV and it doesn't have staying power to me. He just seems so average to sub par at everything. His production is alright, his raps aren't nothing to write home about, and none of his songs stick. I can only really see Mirror's Edge and the remix as songs I'll listen to again. That and All For Me was ruined by that horrible, horrible female singer.

Same with my issue with Yelawolf, nothing really stands out to me, though I've warmed up the former a bit through his features on songs.

overcast

That Med song is ridiculous. Blu needs to release some material.

Also that Kendrick Lamar track was impressive as hell. J. Cole made a really nice beat for it.

enzo_gt said:
Everybody's Nobody was my in to XV and it doesn't have staying power to me. He just seems so average to sub par at everything. His production is alright, his raps aren't nothing to write home about, and none of his songs stick. I can only really see Mirror's Edge and the remix as songs I'll listen to again. That and All For Me was ruined by that horrible, horrible female singer.

Same with my issue with Yelawolf, nothing really stands out to me, though I've warmed up the former a bit through his features on songs.
speaking of Yeloawolf, Shady trting to hold up Worldwide Choppers from Tech N9ne because Yela got murked by Tech, Twista, and Busta Rhymes but apparently Yelawold also got outshined by the non english speaking features Tech had lined up and now will only let him release it with Yela's verse if it's only with Busta, and Twista

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GodfatherX said:
speaking of Yeloawolf, Shady trting to hold up Worldwide Choppers from Tech N9ne because Yela got murked by Tech, Twista, and Busta Rhymes but apparently Yelawold also got outshined by the non english speaking features Tech had lined up and now will only let him release it with Yela's verse if it's only with Busta, and Twista
How does any of this make sense?! This sounds like some weird fan illuminati rumour someone spreads to make it look like some high school gossip on a corporate level.

enzo_gt said:
How does any of this make sense?! This sounds like some weird fan illuminati rumour someone spreads to make it look like some high school gossip on a corporate level.
per tech's twitter and members of his camp confirming that shady records is blocking anyone other then tech, busta and twista on the song via the official forum

Tech N9ne's twitter said:
We at strange are getting word from legal that me putting 9 people on w.w.c. is hurting because

It will dilute the major features share of the song

But I do music for my fans and to show off and strange is with me, but the business is so pro somebody and super anti nobody to them that,

It distorts the Fuckin creative side we here at strange take very seriously! I do what the music tells me & fans but,

But the rest of the industry is so on status that the man on a lower playing field, which I was b4 never can get ahead! And,

Legal shit is almost making it impossible for me to put out the music I would like u guys to hear due to

So for legal reasons in case some of these guys labels don't respond in time I'm forced to make a version with just me buss yella & twista

Strange is pulling and pushing for me to get it my way but the shit just breaks my spirit cause the music is 1st with me and,

I hate having to change how I hear shit in my dreams cause I think that's how its supposed to go and

THE INDUSTRY IS A BUNCH OF FUCKIN PUUUUUNKS! let's do music and make it to where we can do it THE WAY WE WANT!

So what I'm tryin to say is to the niggas on these songs, tell ya people the Fuck up so we can share magic & do what it takes to complete it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom