• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
kamspy said:
What day did you order?

_______

I like Thank Me Later. Another album I can enjoy with the kids and wife in the truck. Those always get bonus points from me.
April 1st.

The most memorable ting about Thank Me Later were the beats personally. It's one of the reasons why I'd go back to it.

kamspy

Tguy said:
April 1st.

The most memorable ting about Thank Me Later were the beats personally. It's one of the reasons why I'd go back to it.

Ah. I got in around the 24th IIRC. Hopefully you get a confirmation too. At least I can tell you guys they are email confirmations.

Check you spam /junk folders. It's where I found mine.

kamspy

Is he face palming his own haircut?

SXmq3.png

poor game.

kamspy said:
Is he face palming his own haircut?

poor game.
I remember when he used to bash everything that the new generation was doing, and now he's trying his hardest to be a part of it. I bet he'll wear skinny jeans next.

Detox

Did anyone cop this?
7a046__5372417368_15c640e157.jpg

And on that note Lil Wayne proves he has no clue about hiphop, let's see infamous dropped 1995 so Ready to Die, Illmatic and yeah the list goes on was backpack hiphop lol.
prod.png

overcast

DominoKid said:
Bun B ethering a school teacher in speaking event

brings up some really good points on this subject. then Lupe gets on the mic and tries to be smart.
I thought Lupe had a few good points such as the kids going to school just to eat, and the last few seconds. But the tree part was cringeworthy. Bun B was pretty much on point throughout. Goddammit Lupe take off your shades inside.

Just now listened to the new beastie boys, pretty damn awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cole's verse on that Trouble song is hot as fuck.

No comment on Game.

Drake is a good rapper and Thank Me Later is about a thousand times better than OB4CLII. PEACE.

overcast said:
I thought Lupe had a few good points such as the kids going to school just to eat, and the last few seconds. But the tree part was cringeworthy. Bun B was pretty much on point throughout. Goddammit Lupe take off your shades inside.

Just now listened to the new beastie boys, pretty damn awesome.
Yeah wait hold on, after watching this, what the fuck is wrong with Lupe said? All of his points were pretty on point.

Baseless Lupe hate is the new baseless Drake hate I guess.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Drake is hated on because he makes shitty music.

Game may be as soft as a diaper full of ass meat, but Wiz is softer than a duffel bag filled with severed left testicles.

Rakim sucks live, Go see Cube or NBN.
Speaking of NBN, treach is such an underrated rapper, too bad he's a wife beater.

overcast

enzo_gt said:
Cole's verse on that Trouble song is hot as fuck.

No comment on Game.

Drake is a good rapper and Thank Me Later is about a thousand times better than OB4CLII. PEACE.

Yeah wait hold on, after watching this, what the fuck is wrong with Lupe said? All of his points were pretty on point.

Baseless Lupe hate is the new baseless Drake hate I guess.
Seriously man, he said like one bad thing and of course he gets shit on. But those glasses do need to be taken off.

Detox

siddx said:
Rakim sucks live, Go see Cube or NBN.
Speaking of NBN, treach is such an underrated rapper, too bad he's a wife beater.
That seals it and I think I was misunderstood it is Cube and NBN together live not either or.

Oh and haters:
x2_57bdd4c.jpg

x2_5809945.jpg

Rakim sucks live? That's disappointing to hear. You'd think he'd get a live band and tour; seems like a great way to make money considering I doubt he's making any from his catalog. I heard Big Daddy Kane tours with a band, and is working on an album with them

PhoenixDark said:
Rakim sucks live? That's disappointing to hear. You'd think he'd get a live band and tour; seems like a great way to make money considering I doubt he's making any from his catalog. I heard Big Daddy Kane tours with a band, and is working on an album with them

I've also seen Rakim live and I'm sorry to say but it wasn't very exciting. It was cool seeing him and all that and he even brought Truth Hurts along with him (who could get it ANY DAY OF THE WEEK), but he wasn't energetic or anything at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
We need some mor love and positivity on this page. So here goes the first five minutes of the documentary about the rap battle that changed the game.

Too based. My tank is full of love and positive energy right now. #underdoglife #based
Came in expecting Freeway vs. Cassidy. Left pleasantly surprised. This is SO fucking BASED. Lmfao @ their choice of people to interview, ItsTheReal & Jay Smooth.

Also GAF, got any single song recommendations for Vado? I like that Large on the Streets song, but the bulk of his shit is him doing his best Cam tutti frutti rap impersonation. I know dude's got to have some diamonds and hype songs out of all these shit songs.

kamspy

overcast said:
But those glasses do need to be taken off.

This would stop 85% of the Lupe hate. On a similar note, Game needs to spend some of that old Aftermath money on some shirts. You can't just walk around puffin your nipples out homeboy.

Also, I need to get that P book. Hope there's a digital version.

I know someone says it every 10 pages, but: Game's career was such a waste. Dude came out the gate blazing, kept his head above water after being kicked out of G-Unit/Aftermath...and now is a complete joke no one talks about. I've never been a fan but dude had some bangers on his first album.

50 is probably laughing to the bank. I kinda feel like he saw Game as a potential threat to his spot, and decided to handicap him. Some big rappers manage to co-exist, but the genre tends to have certain avenues one guy can dominate at a time. That's why Lil Wayne and Eminem can be super popular at the same time, but 50 and Ja couldn't: they were the same rapper. A more recent example is Rick Ross usurping the southern trap rap of Jeezy, who is now a joke.

Makes me wonder just how much money TI wasted by going to jail again. A rap career is measured in time; you can only be hot for so long unless you're an icon. TI's spot is probably gone already

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
PhoenixDark said:
I know someone says it every 10 pages, but: Game's career was such a waste. Dude came out the gate blazing, kept his head above water after being kicked out of G-Unit/Aftermath...and now is a complete joke no one talks about. I've never been a fan but dude had some bangers on his first album.

50 is probably laughing to the bank. I kinda feel like he saw Game as a potential threat to his spot, and decided to handicap him. Some big rappers manage to co-exist, but the genre tends to have certain avenues one guy can dominate at a time. That's why Lil Wayne and Eminem can be super popular at the same time, but 50 and Ja couldn't: they were the same rapper. A more recent example is Rick Ross usurping the southern trap rap of Jeezy, who is now a joke.

Makes me wonder just how much money TI wasted by going to jail again. A rap career is measured in time; you can only be hot for so long unless you're an icon. TI's spot is probably gone already
i doubt 50 would do that. even if he would. how would he do it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:

Jeezy is a joke? Dude loses buzz and is now a joke? C'mon son. Jeezy can outrap Rick Ross while asleep.

I always thought 50 knew Game had potential to dethrone. Then again, they were never supposed to even meet, ever. 50 stayed by his principles: trust nobody. And look at him now, he came up and sold millions of records with his G-unit posse..which slowly diminished along with his record sales. Rappers today (and wannabe rappers like Wiz) are STILL trying to thrive off of that clique money. This inclusion marketing spin is still relatively successful, but that's also the case with Game. Dude put a shitload of time and effort into Blackwallstreet trying to get that clique money, and let's face it, they all suck really fucking bad, and it never worked to help Game's image either.

If lightning strikes twice, we'll have 50 do all of Game's hooks all over a pure Dre beat LP, with no Pharrell bullshit at all. Worst combination EVER.
Or he needs to screw his head on straight and release the CDQ of Monsters In My Head.

effzee

PhoenixDark said:

I don't even get what's going on with rappers like Game. They have a major record label deal and he even survived the bitch moves G-Unit pulled on him but now he can't make a hit record or put out an album? Just seems like he is a fucking moron who can't get his head straight.

I thought the 50-Game beef was because 50 is a bitch and started to feel left out when Game gained fame and got majority of Dre's quality beats. On top of that Game refused to beef with Nas? That after Game did fake beef with everyone 50 had a problem with at 50s orders.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
effzee said:
I don't even get what's going on with rappers like Game. They have a major record label deal and he even survived the bitch moves G-Unit pulled on him but now he can't make a hit record or put out an album? Just seems like he is a fucking moron who can't get his head straight.

I thought the 50-Game beef was because 50 is a bitch and started to feel left out when Game gained fame and got majority of Dre's quality beats. On top of that Game refused to beef with Nas? That after Game did fake beef with everyone 50 had a problem with at 50s orders.
50 and Dre's camp agree the hardest part about making Game a hit was to get him to make songs instead of raps. They had to coach him to double over his voice and shit when he didn't want to. Somehow he carried the steam through DA though, and then some sort of epiphany happened between DA and LAX that made his music take a turn for the worse. Hip hop broke his heart.

kamspy said:
Didn't you cop to wearing skinny jeans Des?
tight like Khalifa vagina.

kamspy

Ki1q8.png

Where do you keep your junk?

I sport the $30 last seasons Rocawear regular fit's from Burlington Coat Factory at Cincinnati Mills. It's worth the drive bud.

kamspy

I gotta pull my shit up and kinda pin it behind where the belt is if I get action going at work. Otherwise all my lady co workers swoon.

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
Ki1q8.png

Where do you keep your junk?

I sport the $30 last seasons Rocawear regular fit's from Burlington Coat Factory at Cincinnati Mills. It's worth the drive bud.

How do you support your nuts if they're so big? You wearing tighty whities fam?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Shit, I buy $20 jeans at wal mart or sears. Outside of one pair that had it's zipper shit the bed on me the day after I bought them, they've been rugged and reliable.

kamspy

siddx said:
Shit, I buy $20 jeans at wal mart or sears. Outside of one pair that had it's zipper shit the bed on me the day after I bought them, they've been rugged and reliable.

I tried those. They feel like rough potato sack burlap. Spend the extra $10 and go to an outlet store like TJ Max or Burlington. They've got last year's name brand shit for $20-$30. It really makes a difference. Feel, fit, everything. I won't pay anymore than $35 for a pair. You can do better without spending more siddx. I'm with you on not spending a bunch. That's why I wear last years shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom