• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

I wear the ghetto brands because I'm 6'6, 275.

Old Navy and Guess don't make jeans that fit me. Baggy Roc jeans aren't very baggy on me. It's pretty fortunate that I'm into hip hop, because the clothing style is the only one that physically fits me.

I can literally walk into Old Navy and not find a single article of clothing that fits.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Tokubetsu said:
haha tiny motherfucker. Do you suffer from tiny man syndrome HiRes? Is that why you have to have a million posts in this thread? OH!

ahahahaha, Hires is getting lit up tonight.

6'0, 215 here...although I'll be under 200 by August.
I prefer plain old Levi's, loose fit.

IrishNinja

5'7", 180 lb right here. i rock pants comfy/saggy enough to be mistaken for fuckin hospital scrubs, but ill go to bat for my man res.

thanks for taking the heat of my drake admission bro

edit oh snap, speaking of clothes, avatars are back
*edit wtf guess not

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
IrishNinja said:
5'7", 180 lb right here. i rock pants comfy/saggy enough to be mistaken for fuckin hospital scrubs, but ill go to bat for my man res.

thanks for taking the heat of my drake admission bro

No, they were just teasing us :(
Something about debugging and turning them on for a minute.

I meant to mention
The Storybook CD that came with the Atmosphere album is very nice as well, good mix of some of my favorite atmosphere songs.

kamspy

IrishNinja said:
*edit wtf guess not

First I thought you were trolling us. Then I cleared my cache and shit to be sure, and now the edit. goddam irish.

LOZLINK

6'0 175 pounds here.
Levi 511s and occasionally 501s are the way to go.
Too bad over here levi jeans are like 130. I miss going to macys and copping them for like 40-50

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
I tried those. They feel like rough potato sack burlap. Spend the extra $10 and go to an outlet store like TJ Max or Burlington. They've got last year's name brand shit for $20-$30. It really makes a difference. Feel, fit, everything. I won't pay anymore than $35 for a pair. You can do better without spending more siddx. I'm with you on not spending a bunch. That's why I wear last years shit.
I pretty much wear nothing but shit from tj maxx,cheapasses unite!

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
I pretty much wear nothing but shit from tj maxx,cheapasses unite!

fistbump.jpg

I feel like TJMaxx and Burlington are like, my little secret. I walk through the mall and just smh at the price tags there. Shit is crazy.

kamspy

Book of David trailer

Sounds great. I'd pay for a FLAC. Ever since you since he bought Jim Henson's recording studio (which is entirely tubes) his shit has sounded fantastic from a quality standpoint. I'd hate for the tape to be limited to 192kbps, or even motherfucking worse 160kbps.

exarkun

Talking about jeans? Levi's brahs, they are the best. Quality jeans for 30 bucks. I have three pairs that I just rotate.

And lol spindashing. Did you just say something about a scouter? If you go that far, might as well say bitch I look like goku.

CRS

cacophony said:
damn sending hard drives back and forth. that shit is on lock down.
I don't see why they just work together in the same fucking room. Don't know how busy Jay is but pretty sure he can set some time to work on the damn thing. Might finish the album a little quicker.
bangai-o said:
i just listened to the new Atmosphere and *snooze. Boring
siddx's phasers set to kill.

vhfive

I come to this thread for new music not your height and size
6'1" 150 lol

On a different note what are the best mixtape/albums for Asher Roth. I've heard him on a couple of songs and I like his flow (except "I Love College" that song is trash).

Jay Sosa

Y'all some small dudes..I'm 6´4, 185 pounds and everyone says I'm way too skinny..well mainly fat people say that but still.

And lol at that Lil'Wayne comment, if you have no idea what you're talking about shut the fuck up. Yeah I know, I should take my own advice..

Double D

Jay Sosa said:
Y'all some small dudes..I'm 6´4, 185 pounds and everyone says I'm way too skinny..well mainly fat people say that but still.

And lol at that Lil'Wayne comment, if you have no idea what you're talking about shut the fuck up. Yeah I know, I should take my own advice..

I'm 6'1" and 185. Before I got married/had kids I was 140, lol.

Spindashing - maybe it's cuz I'm at work, but nothing happens when I open your link. It just says 'connecting' and doesn't do anything.

RJT

bangai-o said:
i just listened to the new Atmosphere and *snooze. Boring
Fuck you!

The new Atmosphere is great. Slug and Ant are the most consistent cats in hip-hop, without a doubt. "You Can't Imagine ..." and Lemons are still my favorite albums from them, but this one doesn't disappoint.

hubes

vhfive said:
I come to this thread for new music not your height and size
6'1" 150 lol

On a different note what are the best mixtape/albums for Asher Roth. I've heard him on a couple of songs and I like his flow (except "I Love College" that song is trash).
i'm a fan of his album "Asleep In The Bread Aisle" but it doesn't seem to get much love.
my favorite song off that album is Fallin'

seared foie gras with quince and cranberry dope mixtape released last year

Asher Roth & Nottz - Rawth EP is great. i listen to it pretty regularly.
nothing you can't do

kamspy said:
I wear the ghetto brands because I'm 6'6, 275.
Old Navy and Guess don't make jeans that fit me. Baggy Roc jeans aren't very baggy on me. It's pretty fortunate that I'm into hip hop, because the clothing style is the only one that physically fits me.

I can literally walk into Old Navy and not find a single article of clothing that fits.

Dickies?

I had a pair in middle school.

RJT

I don't know if this is old (googled GAF, didn't find it mentioned), but I found this story interesting:

Mystery solved: "Bronco" settles Mobb Deep sampling question that's remained hidden since '95 said:
“Shook Ones Part II,” from “The Infamous” album, is Mobb Deep's most-cherished hit, so iconic that when Eminem needed a draught of sonic courage in “8 Mile,” he turned to it, with its distinctive tick-tock drums and dark, minor-key bass line.

Except, it turns out, the source of that bass line wasn't a bass line at all, one reason the sample eluded discovery. The longer “Shook Ones Part II” kept its secrets, the more it became a holy grail for sample seekers, complete with debated theories and false leads. In solving this cold case, Bronco (born Timon Heinke) and his revelation harkens to a seemingly bygone era of competitive sampling and sourcing.

Heinke cracked the code of “Shook Ones Part II” while listening to “Jessica,” a 1969 recording by Herbie Hancock. It turns out that Mobb Deep rapper-producer Havoc took a piano melody from the song and slowed it down at two different pitches to create a two-bar loop more reminiscent of a bass guitar than keyboard. After Heinke announced his discovery, another Internet denizen, “Hawkeye,” created a sound file (now on YouTube, natch) that re-creates that transformation process.

The sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-QS4CTtltg

The story: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mus...g-mystery-thats-remained-hidden-since-95.html

If the video doesn't give you goosebumps, you ain't a hiphop fan...

we talking about fashion now? this a clown thread of a hip hop thread nahmean. straight up army fatigues and black boots. fuck is a skinny jean nahmean, my dick need room.

Hellion

kamspy said:
Is he face palming his own haircut?

SXmq3.png

poor game.
Still waiting on 50 to call.

Kotomi said:
I remember when he used to bash everything that the new generation was doing, and now he's trying his hardest to be a part of it. I bet he'll wear skinny jeans next.
G-UNOT

Grzi said:
Everything post Miseducation of Freddie Gibbs is great, you should really check it out, especially midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik.
Alright, preciate it and dragon quarter is the shit...A shame most BoF fans don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom