• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I feel sorry for y'all if your missing out on this Kanye performance. Yeezy cranked it up till 12 on this one, up from the usual 11.
Seriously this is too fucking good. Ya'll busters if you're not watching.

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
do you know the taste of orange juice after you have brushed your teeth?

that's where the album is
I laughed wayyyy too hard at this hahaha, nearly spit my drink out

TheBez

spindashing said:
do you know the taste of orange juice after you have brushed your teeth?

that's where the album is

no really if H.A.M. is any indication....
The album is in my mouth!? How do I play it form there? :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheBez said:
What happened to the Kanye/Jay-Z album? Into/Onto the Throne right?
Out of Jay and people's hands. Kanye is finishing it up. Has been working on it the past week according to interviews. Shit is on lock, they only transfer songs via a hard drive to prevent leaks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, after that absolute godlike performance, I feel this is necessary. Props to yencid for the hook up.

tumblr_lju6geiEnW1qbkedfo1_500.gif

my new favourite gif.

DominoKid

fuck it.

kanye is the GOAT rap artist.

i've believed it for a while, but this just sets it in stone.

i felt like i was watching a seminal moment in rap history.

anybody that missed this fucked up.

dude was just on stage for ~100 fucking minutes and every moment of it was riveting.

and 99 minutes of that was one man. holding the stage down by himself. dropping hit after hit after hit.

goddamn.

overcast

The performance was seriously great. I said it in the coachella thread, but I absolutely need to see kanye live. He puts on a hell of a show.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know about GOAT rapper (I mean, definitely not). But as a hip hop musician, yeah he's up there.

But he is a living legend. Seeing him perform hit after hit after hit after hit makes you think holy shit this motherfucker made all of these instant classics in only the past 6 years?

That performance was.. just wow. I can't sleep now. Lost in the World was fucking INCREDIBLE. Watching that shit did feel like you were watching some sort of Fade To Black levels of greatness going on before your eyes though.

DominoKid

i never said he's the GOAT rapper. there's plenty of better rappers than Kanye. and there's dudes on your block that can rap better than them.

but as far as the complete package, being a rap artist, no one is seeing Kanye. and its not even close.

overcast

DominoKid said:
i never said he's the GOAT rapper. there's plenty of better rappers than Kanye. and there's dudes on your block that can rap better than them.

but as far as the complete package, being a rap artist, no one is seeing Kanye. and its not even close.
I love Kanye so I'm not going to dispute necessarily. But get ready to catch a whole shitload of flack for that.

overcast said:
I love Kanye so I'm not going to dispute necessarily. But get ready to catch a whole shitload of flack for that.

The only issue I take with that statement is the title of "GOAT RAP Artist" which should encompass being a great rapper, which I don't believe Kanye is. Composer, producer, musician, just plain ol' artist, etc. etc....sure, whatever.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I missed coachella stream. Checking it out here http://www.soulculture.co.uk/blogs/music-blog/livemusic/kanye-west-coachella-2011-performance-video/

enzo_gt said:
So, after that absolute godlike performance, I feel this is necessary. Props to yencid for the hook up.

tumblr_lju6geiEnW1qbkedfo1_500.gif

my new favourite gif.
Quality

overcast said:
The performance was seriously great. I said it in the coachella thread, but I absolutely need to see kanye live. He puts on a hell of a show.
If glow in the dark tour was any indication his next tour should be all kinds of sick.

overcast

MThanded said:
If glow in the dark tour was any indication his next tour should be all kinds of sick.
How much did those tickets cost? I would like to know how much I should expect to spend for some decent seats.

IrishNinja

spindashing said:
Next Nas Album tracklist:

01 - I'm Back (feat. Hayley Williams) (prod. by Alex da Kidd)
02 - N.A.S. (feat. Gucci Mane) (prod. by Lex Luger)
03 - Queensbridge Love Story (feat. Drake) (prod. by. Boi-1da)
04 - Skinny Jeans Is Ok (feat. Bruno Mars) (prod. by the kid who brings in the newspaper)

joke hit a little to close to home this time; at a glance, it looks (tragically) legit.

BASED logic and the best Wu verse out there, this last page was a good page.

Ashhong

overcast said:
How much did those tickets cost? I would like to know how much I should expect to spend for some decent seats.

I paid 90 for some good seats to GITD in LA. I think I paid 120$ for similar seats for the Fame Kills tour before it got cancelled. Granted that had Gaga too, but I expect to pay at least that much for the next tour.

m3k

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Speaking of Wu, this Rae performance made me listen to 36th Chambers again.

damn thats nice... you notice with all the rappers who been around for 10 years or so kill their live performances... i saw rae last year and he was great

this is a better place than the place i saw him at

edit: hes also ripping this... when i saw him he was cruisy, in holiday mode

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
overcast said:
Around 100. I was pretty far from the stage but I was also at the final tour spot in MSG and the tickets were not bought as far in advance as they should have been.

Jay Sosa

Goddamnit that XV tape is great, also finally had time to listen to the Bloodtype tape..a Kendrick feature, a storytelling track, great lyrics with a message and overall awesome production. And here I was thinking nothing would come even close to the Krit tape, they aren't as good but still fucking brilliant. Listened to DZA tape as well which is also nice..but he does sound strange rapping over generic southern beats..

It's cool to see KL being featured on so much of my favorite artists stuff and absolutely killing his guest spots.

kamspy

After rereading the page, and rewatching his set, did people really think it was good? Or was it a big meme to say it was good because it was soo bad?

Curious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
After rereading the page, and rewatching his set, did people really think it was good? Or was it a big meme to say it was good because it was soo bad?

Curious.
siddx does trolling better.

kamspy

enzo_gt said:
siddx does trolling better.

I'm not trolling. He couldn't even remember the words to most songs, let alone get anywhere near the cadence. Looked like he was nervous to me. I mean, all the background stuff was great, but his personal performance was amateur. How do you forget your own words? Can't even get your own cadence down? Wiz please.

kamspy said:
I'm not trolling. He couldn't even remember the words to most songs, let alone get anywhere near the cadence. Looked like he was nervous to me. I mean, all the background stuff was great, but his personal performance was amateur. How do you forget your own words? Can't even get your own cadence down? Wiz please.

You must have only watched the first few songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom