• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just stumbled across a Young Dro thread from a few years back, this dude Dro was wild'n.

i'm on them 28's my music on bruce lee
i'm blowin on a fruit tree snackin on some goose meat

Chevy paint tropical, O Wheem Away O Wheem Away
Got Em` Callin Fema Cause The Choppa On Katrina Spray

maPSeW4.png

Ride wit me shawty while I let this Shoulder Lean play,
White people like me Im on MTV wit Green Day,
Green Ice Green cake Packers like the Green Bay,
King ____ plus my birthday on Martin Luther King Day,
yea I got a Charger but Im whippin out a Sting Ray

Big bank, wet paint, Jackie Chan stereo
Money hungry Dro, eating paper like a billygoat

9frNNHb.png

I'ma outer space baller, put you up on astronomy
Mathematically with a pistol I do trigonometry
Humbly, eat up a _ like a piranha B
Ridin in the cuttlass same color as a bumble bee
I had to man I brought the flip flop jag through
Paint the Chevy sad blue, you know my davins sad blue
Ride straight pass you, my choppas will outlast you
I promise I'ma smash you, thirty or sixes blast you
600 see through benz call it the glass coup
Diamonds look like Passion Fruit, Viper look like Apple Fruit
Ride through the hood you know the Burban look like Snapple Juice

gAxFqdw.png

Day One is classic

Dereck

ufdup.png

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411905004-ffxv-attack.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://web.archive.org/web/20150612211015/http://a.pomf.se/hjjcnm.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.giphy.com/d3JtL7ZZFZ1jOI0g.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://web.archive.org/web/20150612093944/http://a.pomf.se/ecqukj.gif[IMG]
[IMG]https://d.maxfile.ro/birgayrtxf.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ukDVc5A.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cgLptEB.gif

Koozek

I copped that X/X-2 remaster on Black Friday, it'll be the second one I play. Hopefully it's not shit like 13.

Hmm, not sure if that's the best alternative if you didn't like FFXIII already. Either try the probably soon-to-be-released FFVII PC port for PS4 or wait for the inevitable FFXII remaster (the most mature and (only) well-written FF to date, also less linear). Not sure if I would recommend anyone who isn't already fan of the franchise or of classic JRPGs in general any old FF, tbh. Repetetive, mindless turn-based battle-systems 90% of the time, with random encounters, and cheesy, melodramatic JRPG stories. It's my all-time favorite series, but I also grew up with it and could understand why someone wouldn't enjoy them if they played them today for the first time. FFVII still GOAT, though.

Let's hope that FFXV and the FFVII remake are dope, so newcomers to the franchise and PS3/X360-generation kids, who never experienced a good FF, can jump in. It's valuable as a gaming series because it's so bold and unique setting-/art style-wise, always completely reinventing itself from title to title. FFXV is crazy ambitious and has the potential to be huge if they deliver. Btw, we might see the first footage of FFVIIR at the PSX event on Saturday, if we're lucky
rejoice.png

/fanboymode

Reckoner

What that the FUCK

Beach House released ANOTHER album last month? I just stumbled across it on Spotify and read up on it.

FUCK I hope this is better than Depression Cherry

Depression Cherry is great. Just give it some more listens. My personal favorites are... well all of them lmao. But Beyond Love was probably the track that unlocked the album for me.

Thank Your Lucky Stars felt more like a slow burner and has kind of a Twin Peaks atmosphere to it. Somewhere Tonight is lovely. One Thing is a track that really feels like they were actually trying new things. Then you have All Your Yeahs, The Traveller, Elegy to the Void.

Both albums are so great for the winter time. Just like the first three.

What that the FUCK

Beach House released ANOTHER album last month? I just stumbled across it on Spotify and read up on it.

FUCK I hope this is better than Depression Cherry

My same reaction when I found that news out lol
It's good, Depression Cherry grew on me after more listens but they're both solid. Nothing beats Teen Dream though obvs

Man I still haven't listened to Depression Cherry or Joanna Newsom's latest. I always find myself scrambling to listen to shit in November and December which kinda does a disservice to the albums if I plan on doing AOTY lists. I like living with an album over a period of weeks or months, at least if it's good or great which I assume Depression Cherry and Joanna Newsom's album are.

Hmm, not sure if that's the best alternative if you didn't like FFXIII already. Either try the probably soon-to-be-released FFVII PC port for PS4 or wait for the inevitable FFXII remaster (the most mature and (only) well-written FF to date, also less linear). Not sure if I would recommend anyone who isn't already fan of the franchise or of classic JRPGs in general any old FF, tbh. Repetetive, mindless turn-based battle-systems 90% of the time, with random encounters, and cheesy, melodramatic JRPG stories. It's my all-time favorite series, but I also grew up with it and could understand why someone wouldn't enjoy them if they played them today for the first time. FFVII still GOAT, though.

Let's hope that FFXV and the FFVII remake are dope, so newcomers to the franchise and PS3/X360-generation kids, who never experienced a good FF, can jump in. It's valuable as a gaming series because it's so bold and unique setting-/art style-wise, always completely reinventing itself from title to title. FFXV is crazy ambitious and has the potential to be huge if they deliver. Btw, we might see the first footage of FFVIIR at the PSX event on Saturday, if we're lucky
rejoice.png

/fanboymode

Post is real

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Man I still haven't listened to Depression Cherry or Joanna Newsom's latest. I always find myself scrambling to listen to shit in November and December which kinda does a disservice to the albums if I plan on doing AOTY lists. I like living with an album over a period of weeks or months, at least if it's good or great which I assume Depression Cherry and Joanna Newsom's album are.

Good music is something to find the right place and time to savor.

skip it

Depression Cherry was awful.

HiResDes

Beach House gets away with making the same album with a different cover and people lap that shit up because it's so bubble gum and accessible and yet still somehow approved by the supposed vanguard of high art. They make soulless fluff that wouldn't be out of place at an Urban Outfitters corporate meet and greet. Teen Dream was the last record they made that felt genuine in my opinion.

Beach House gets away with making the same album with a different cover and people lap that shit up because it's so bubble gum and accessible and yet still somehow approved by the supposed vanguard of high art. They make soulless fluff that wouldn't be out of place at an Urban Outfitters corporate meet and greet. Teen Dream was the last record they made that felt genuine in my opinion.
i

cannot disagree. I haven't listened to their last album but they've been stagnating since Teen Dream, I liked a few songs from Bloom though.

DominoKid

but its always good tho. i havent listened to all the new albums but i like the few songs ive heard

Yes the post Teen Dream foray hasn't been flawless, but I still think Depression Cherry is worth multiple listens. It's not rivaling the previous works but it's a serviceable album that definitely has some songs that could warrant regular Beach House play.
Think of it as Weezer never reaching Pinkerton heights again but Everything Will Be Alright in the End still had some good songs on it....if anyone gets that comparison lol

Nabs

Good music is something to find the right place and time to savor.

Yes.

Koozek

I don't know what to hate more. Myself. Or you for dredging up a flippant comment.

I know, I'll hate gaf.

I didn't even mean anything by it. Just randomly saw your post when I was checking out older FFXV threads. Let's be friends, again, ok? (っ⌒ ∗ ⌒)っ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom