• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelsdesu

Looking forward to your post in 3 months when you 'discover' him on Spotify and tell us he's fire.

LaxtSWW.png

Bunch of negative nancys.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
I was chilling to some XV today, forgot how dope some of his work is.
It got me wondering if anyone knows what's meant to be happening with 'The Kid With The Green Backpack'? Has he scrapped the album or what?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It got me wondering if anyone knows what's meant to be happening with 'The Kid With The Green Backpack'? Has he scrapped the album or what?
I think his label just forgot about him. Probably spent his advance on a blue check from twitter.

To be fair, he tried like 5 different times to make a splash and he never did. People just don't really magnetize to his work or image.

I think his label just forgot about him. Probably spent his advance on a blue check from twitter.

To be fair, he tried like 5 different times to make a splash and he never did. People just don't really magnetize to his work or image.

Remember when he was working with Just Blaze and it seemed like he might blow.

Definitely interesting to look back at that entire process. That was what, 2007, 2008...pretty much within the frame of Comeback Season, The Come Up, Finally Famous, Flight School, C4, etc. Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Wiz, Sean, Spitta, etc all blew to varying degrees though whereas he didn't go anywhere. He had decent music, good enough in-house production, it just never happened. Yea you could say he was corny but tbh so were a lot of people.

Dude was doing tracks with Cole, Kendrick, Mike Posner, etc. Dude must be depressing over how things ended up.

DominoKid

Definitely interesting to look back at that entire process. That was what, 2007, 2008...pretty much within the frame of Comeback Season, The Come Up, Finally Famous, Flight School, C4, etc. Drake, Cole, Kendrick, Wiz, Sean, Spitta, etc all blew to varying degrees though whereas he didn't go anywhere. He had decent music, good enough in-house production, it just never happened. Yea you could say he was corny but tbh so were a lot of people.

Dude was doing tracks with Cole, Kendrick, Mike Posner, etc. Dude must be depressing over how things ended up.

that dude was always trash and everyone knew it
3b4XQdc.png

Monty (feat. Monty) - Monty Zoo Mixtape
(he reminds me of somebody from bricksquad but their name isn't coming to mind right now)
cover.jpg

TheRadNadz

Neo Member

Yeah when I saw he was working with Just Blaze, I was looking forward to seeing how his sound would change.

I knew he didn't agree with the direction he was being forced to go under Warner. It's been crickets since he left pretty much though.

I didn't really expect XV to blow up, like Enzo said - his image didn't have a ton of appeal, other than his core squarian stans, and he hasn't made a consistent project to date. He just has some good songs I still enjoy and I'll give a new project a listen if he ever decides to drop it.

overcast

Goddamn Kendrick snapped on this shit. Cole did pretty well too honestly. Interested to see how the project comes out (since it is gonna happen it seems).
I think Cheddz might have been posted this, but deserves a repost:

WIKI - "Livin' with My Moms" ft. Nasty Nigel
This is good as far as music goes.

This track is nice as hell. Damn, new Currensy this friday. Can't wait.
I suggest a new movement for next year

#Postivity2K16

what do you say guyz
All about more positivity. Lets keep it moving brehs. We can do it together.

It was a wrap when he started beefing with his producer Seven.

Syntsui

The 320kbps Flockavelli 1.5 posted here is kinda of busted, there are some problems with the audio quality and by the end of the tape the volume gets too low. Anyone have the link for the best version available?

The mixtape is fucking fire btw, getting more rotation than Thugga lately.

This is why I fuck so heavy with Des' lists btw. At least there's some passion and love and opinion behind his lists. Rolling Stone, Complex, Spin, Grammys, etc just put out lists that revolve around a few critical darlings mixed in with the largest selling or trending albums. It's all a game.

In what world did Weeknd release a top 5 album, unless you only listened to five albums this year or are basing it on sales? I don't get how people give these lists credibility. Who cares.

daps to Des and my gaf-hop bros who will have lists too

FZZ

Banned
The 320kbps Flockavelli 1.5 posted here is kinda of busted, there are some problems with the audio quality and by the end of the tape the volume gets too low. Anyone have the link for the best version available?

The mixtape is fucking fire btw, getting more rotation than Thugga lately.

Yeah sorry about that, I posted the link but quickly edited in better versions out.

Currently the best version out

It's a 128kbps Soundcloud rip, but the clipping is removed and the audio is fully clear and not quiet.

btw guys how's flockaveli 1.5?

Best mixtape that came out all last week. Everything bumps so fucking hard.

TPAB #1 in Rolling Stone/Spin/Complex so far.

Literally the only thing right in any of their lists.

I know they're big publication sand their lists are worth less than dog shit but man I'm surprised it's so bad.then again I don't usually pay attention to them so this is probably par for course.

I mean, has Adele's album even been out for more than 2 weeks? Lmao

Tokubetsu

This is why I fuck so heavy with Des' lists btw. At least there's some passion and love and opinion behind his lists. Rolling Stone, Complex, Spin, Grammys, etc just put out lists that revolve around a few critical darlings mixed in with the largest selling or trending albums. It's all a game.

In what world did Weeknd release a top 5 album, unless you only listened to five albums this year or are basing it on sales? I don't get how people give these lists credibility. Who cares.

daps to Des and my gaf-hop bros who will have lists too

Nah fuck all lists and rankings #equality #nolistsmatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom