• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone just posted this Lil B song on FB and I thought oh what the hell so I clicked it and...isn't that beat from Death note? Perhaps you guys are unfamiliar with the show but I swear I know that beat.

//B1G

Banned
where's reks been? he hasn't dropped anything in a while, has he? he shoulda got up on that group bronsillini just formed

Tokubetsu

get hype gaf
20120301-NICKI.jpg

You know, I know major label artists aren't known to have the best album covers but everything about this is just so unimaginably horrible. Every single part of this is awful. You don't even need to have an eye for art or design to know this is god awful. From the shitty font choice, to the alignment, to the random photoshop brush strokes on that don't contour to her face.

Those P&P covers from the 90s south rap scene get a lot of shit but this makes them look subtle, and tasteful. If anyone ever deserved a hollow point to the dome, it's everyone who was involved in making this cover happen. As an artist, I'd be fucking embarassed over this cover. I'd raise hell. People would be fired, and blacklisted. How can you be a platinum selling artist and have a cover like this? You can't even use the arguement "Oh but she's just some shitty mainstream artist, it's okay!" Katy Perry doesn't have album art that makes me think of an aborted fetus. Taylor Swift's aren't this bad. Lady Gaga's Born This Way art is a fucking masterpiece compared to this shit. At least that made SOME sense. Everytime I look at the eyes, I throw up a little in my mouth. I also love how (much like Beyonce's recent cover) she's been white washed. Easy to forget that Nicki is black.

I have never had such a violent, and negative reaction to an album cover, ever. I could be blackout drunk, blowing xanax, and still do a better job.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, I know major label artists aren't known to have the best album covers but everything about this is just so unimaginably horrible. Every single part of this is awful. You don't even need to have an eye for art or design to know this is god awful. From the shitty font choice, to the alignment, to the random photoshop brush strokes on that don't contour to her face.

Those P&P covers from the 90s south rap scene get a lot of shit but this makes them look subtle, and tasteful. If anyone ever deserved a hollow point to the dome, it's everyone who was involved in making this cover happen. As an artist, I'd be fucking embarassed over this cover. I'd raise hell. People would be fired, and blacklisted. How can you be a platinum selling artist and have a cover like this? You can't even use the arguement "Oh but she's just some shitty mainstream artist, it's okay!" Katy Perry doesn't have album art that makes me think of an aborted fetus. Taylor Swift's aren't this bad. I want Lady Gaga's Born This Way art is a fucking masterpiece compared to this shit. At least that made SOME sense. Everytime I look at the eyes, I throw up a little in my mouth. I also love how (much like Beyonce's recent cover) she's been white washed. Easy to forget that Nicki is black.

I have never had such a violent, and negative reaction to an album cover, ever. I could be blackout drunk, blowing xanax, and still do a better job.
Agreed.

Pop is pretty much a competition on who can swagger-jack GaGa the hardest cause they don't have anything else to bring to the table ATM anyways. Nicki Minaj tries way too fucking hard, and she makes sure you know.

So I don't normally listen to the radio and in no way do I really hate any of those young money cats.

But yea this was one of those days where I listen to radio to hear whats hot and holy fucking shit young money is killing the radio. Like god damn, Im trying to think of the songs that has played on the radio for the past 4 hours and all that comes to my mind is that birthday cake remix and niggas in paris. These dudes are featured on just about every song its crazy. I feel relieved when I hear Waka Flocka round of applause then I realize drake is featured on this shit.

These rappers(as in everyone excluding YMCMB) really gotta step it up with their singles.

where's reks been? he hasn't dropped anything in a while, has he? he shoulda got up on that group bronsillini just formed

One of the dangers of releasing an album early in the year imo. R.E.K.S. was one of the best hip hop albums of 2011 but was overlooked since bigger releases came out months later

One of the dangers of releasing an album early in the year imo. R.E.K.S. was one of the best hip hop albums of 2011 but was overlooked since bigger releases came out months later

Yup, this honestly happens for me in just about every form of media. I always forget about releases of the first 4 months at least unless I've had a discussion about it

First name? Mike

Where'd you get your username? I dunno

Age? 19

Where do you live? Canada

Where are you from? Canada

How'd you end up where you are? Just chillin

First Hip Hop Album? I think the first one i heard i think was get rich or dye trying, bought was some swollen members cd.

Top 5 movies? Trainspotting, Superbad, Fight Club, True Grit(old one), Lords of dogtown

Top 5 Video games? GTA4, jak and daxter, Kingdom hearts, Final fantasy 10, Pokemon silver

What did you read last? Rum Diary

What did you watch last? The Grey, awesome movie, ending sucked.

Favorite non hip hop album? Pinkerton

Favorite Drink? Water yo

Play any sports? Do sports videogames count?

How was your high school life? Fucking thing fucking sucked

Bad habits? I think i smoke way too much weed, and very self destructive at times.

Employment? Wack

Hobbies? Listening to music, smoking weed, watching trailer park boys

If you could slap one artist in the face with a sock filled with quarters? I dunno, soulja boy. Fuck that guy

Why'd you end up on gaf? I dunno, back in junior/high school I was huge into gaming. Found it through that.

Other threads you frequent? Anything that sounds intriguing, really.

Threads you avoid like the plague? None.

Most significant hip hop album to you (note not best or greatest, just most significant)? Bastard. I never listened to a lot of hip-hop. Mostly oldschool rock/punk and whatnot. I used to listen to some of the classics and just pretty basic stuff. But then i heard this album and It sparked my love with rap music again. Shit sounds corny, but whatever.

Best thing about hip hop? Hmm, i want to say beats. But theres so many things i like about it. From rhymes, to even the artists themselves.

Worst thing? Murder and guns, are a ton of fun.

Shittiest thing you've ever done? I couldn't take all the shitty stuff i did in my life and pick the worst. I'm a shitty person lets put it that way.

LOZLINK

So I don't normally listen to the radio and in no way do I really hate any of those young money cats.

But yea this was one of those days where I listen to radio to hear whats hot and holy fucking shit young money is killing the radio. Like god damn, Im trying to think of the songs that has played on the radio for the past 4 hours and all that comes to my mind is that birthday cake remix and niggas in paris. These dudes are featured on just about every song its crazy. I feel relieved when I hear Waka Flocka round of applause then I realize drake is featured on this shit.

These rappers(as in everyone excluding YMCMB) really gotta step it up with their singles.

...Two songs without anyone from young money?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It was really more like 4 songs because I recall hearing j cole and a jeezy song but I cant remember if it was the one with lil wayne or 2 chaaaaaiiinnnz

2 chaiiiiiiiiinnnz will save us all

DominoKid

its a Young Money world and we just live in it.

Novid

Banned

Those P&P covers from the 90s south rap scene get a lot of shit but this makes them look subtle, and tasteful. If anyone ever deserved a hollow point to the dome, it's everyone who was involved in making this cover happen. As an artist, I'd be fucking embarassed over this cover. I'd raise hell. People would be fired, and blacklisted. How can you be a platinum selling artist and have a cover like this? You can't even use the arguement "Oh but she's just some shitty mainstream artist, it's okay!" Katy Perry doesn't have album art that makes me think of an aborted fetus. Taylor Swift's aren't this bad. Lady Gaga's Born This Way art is a fucking masterpiece compared to this shit. At least that made SOME sense. Everytime I look at the eyes, I throw up a little in my mouth. I also love how (much like Beyonce's recent cover) she's been white washed. Easy to forget that Nicki is black.

ditto.

Hey hiphopgaf, i finally recorded a verse to one of Shinobi's beats. Unfortunately shinobi, it's not the one you PM'd me. I wrote it to that beat, but then, I tried spittin on your other beat and it just fit that beat way better than the beat you PMd me. :(

will be uploading soon.

Blackace

anyone find a non-tagged Gorilla Zoe Gorilla World mixtape????????

Recon

Banned
I have come to realize no matter how hard I stan for Lupe, how much I post, a tag will always elude me.

Blackace

Well E40 sounds like he is choking on a dick when rhyming. But you know that. I dont hate Ye, just am supremely disappointed in his output.

ok... I just need to find the right 40 water quote

Blackace

don't worry I am fully confident that someone will do something stupid enough to get a tag one day in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom