• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
2 many salty peeps in dis thread. WZRD is gud. its cudi gud.

naw Cudi is crap, and has always been crap. Some people like is earlier stuff but I have never liked Cudi.. I would rather listen to Soulja boy freestyle than Cudi... ok that's not true but I still think he is no "gud"

Esch

Banned
naw Cudi is crap, and has always been crap. Some people like is earlier stuff but I have never liked Cudi.. I would rather listen to Soulja boy freestyle than Cudi... ok that's not true but I still think he is no "gud"
e91a953a_FistBump.gif

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

He had that one good song. I forget what it was, but it was good for a while. Something about the lonely stoner freeing his mind or whatever.

MOTM1 is 4/5, MOTM2 is 3.5/5, WZRD is 2/5.

Cudi's hook game: 5/5

Omg I was writing an exam earlier today and mid-focus "slidin up her ocean drive comin down like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh" from that gunplay "tats on my arm" freestyle kept looping in my head for literally 5 minutes.

FUCK...YOU...TOKU

If I can throw a wrench into the gears, so to speak, I think a lot of people have a hard time 'clicking' with Cudi because of his battle with various anxieties in his life. He raps about it in more than a few songs, and I'm pretty positive that those who haven't seen things from his perspective just don't quite seem to jive with it.

I'm not saying that MotM and MotM2 are "genious" albums or anything of the sort, but rather that Cudi and his lyrics just come from a different part of left-field, is all. Admittedly, his production and hooks could sometimes use a little work, but perhaps that's just how he rolls.

Trapped in my Mind, for example, was a cool way to close that album. It ends on such a downer.

Damn, yall sleepin on my track.

anyways, in regards to the Cudi album.

im still Mixed on it but "where did you sleep last night?" and "teleport 2 me" are my SHIT!!!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sunday boy, FUCKING SUNDAY
i4i6ZUniUVY1D.jpg

So hyped it fuckin hurts. glad I don't have class till night on monday...gunna get fucked up

Just bought H&C. Hope you guys are right about it being legit!

You won't be disappointed.

Recon

Banned
Teleport 2 Me is the only track I find "good" on WZRD. The rest are a mix of ok-awful. Still better than MOTM2. But honestly, Teleport 2 Me has cringe worthy lyrics, even for Cudi.

Sunday boy, FUCKING SUNDAY
i4i6ZUniUVY1D.jpg

So hyped it fuckin hurts. glad I don't have class till night on monday...gunna get fucked up

You won't be disappointed.

Aww shit. Have fun man. That's gonna be trill as fuck.

Also lol @ the lyrics in Teleport 2 Me. I really zoned out during that one because it was extremely cringeworthy.

Mangotron

seems like a TI beat. so whats the word on j-cole, anyone think he might make a comeback?

Someone needs to give him some guidelines for getting off the sidelines.

Seriously though I think he needs to slow down and pick stuff more carefully, he has a very specific style and he should play to it.

njean777

Word, this man speaks the truth

IrishNinja

so I'm listening to this macklemore dude and he's like a white kendrick lamar. He needs to ditch the piano beats though.

well I've only heard two songs but they have a Kesha's Song vibe around both.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
one day ima cross the line and get some shit from you like PHIFE > TIP, I NEED TO BE REMINDED and beg for a banned tag instead

You want the truth, you cant handle the truth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom