• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

One more today cause I love ya GAF-Hop.

rUEUq.png
Hahaha.

Everyone in this thread will listen to F&L2. I'm excited, even though I'll be let down for sure.

kamspy

Shitty. But now he's shitty and popular because people forgot he was Tity Boi

He didn't change his style for shit. He's still Tity 2 Necklace.

Dude just had to grind from the bottom. He never changed a bit. The oldest Playaz Circle you can find, Tity still sounds jus like Tity.

But we know you hate the Titty PD.

Detox

Seems like the Mobb Deep drama was bullshit explains why Sway confirmed it was real by texting Havoc.
Havoc said:
Just getting back into NY after my Easter weekend with family and friends in Jersey. I left my phone at a gas station yesterday evening while on my way to Jersey after a glorious Knick’s game. To all Mobb Deep fans: it’s business as usual! It’s Mobb Deep all day!!! My twitter account @THEREALHAVOC will be down until further notice. The only other real account is @PRODIGYMOBBDEEP. Ignore the rest. One!”

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"We don't believe you, you need more people."

Honestly, if he didn't pull that stunt with Kanye, I'd be more inclined to believe it. It's whatever tho.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
"Back in my extra mannish days 1990 sitting on the hood of my cutlass posted with the Mac 11 submachine street instrument"
H4MTF.jpg

He ain't rappin too fast people just listening too slow

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
oh look, Coke Boys 3 is late.

how surprising.

fucking rappers man.

they got rolexs and audemars out the ass but cant do shit on time lol.

Too many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what time it is

Keep listening to Ab-soul/Danny Brown track, also that new Jay Electronica is fantastic. Just Blaze beat delivers so hard.

Do you guys like Aesop Rock? Labor Days is one of my fav albums, can't wait for the new one.

//B1G

Banned
on a Children of the Corn tip again... every couple weeks i start bumping this all day.
i'll listen to this album till i die - one of the best ever imo. the chill tracks, hard ass lyrical shit, slow jams, it had everything. i think this is like the 5th time i've brought it up in here haha dgaf tho

cam seriously fucking annihilated this record. every verse by him is crazy sick

don't sleep

"let me tell you a few things
don't matter who your crew brings
cus when my tre-deuce sings
you'll get laced up like shoe strings"

cam and bloodshed just killl this track. bar for bar

"On my block, n!ggas get licked quick
My man Caroni got his wig split
He could've signed but had no time for legit shit"

plus the minimal beats. yeeeee

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I can't play the sidelines? shots fired at J. Cole! Or not, beef between Krizzle and Cole would be interesting though. Also this song is alright.

Hey GAF-Hop help me out here: Illmatic is my favorite rap album. I've listened to it hundreds of times and just about know every word. The thing is, I've never checked out any of Nas' other stuff because I've read how far he fell off. I listen to a bunch of music so I just never got around to listening to his other records. And I always thought that they might leave a bad taste in my mouth concerning Nas' legacy, because he was a poet on Illmatic:

I switched my motto--instead of saying "fuck tomorrow" that buck that bought a bottle could have struck the lotto.

Just genius. But I'm finally ready to delve into the rest of his discography. Where should I start?

kamspy

Noz called this shit months ago saying intelligent trunk music is a dumb genre. The more I listen to stuff from that session, the more I see he was right.

Snort some dope KRIT, get a double cup, fuck a gang of groupie hoes at the same time, hang out with Juicy J for a few months. Whatever it takes. Get this meaningful shit out of my speakers.

*obligatory joke about song title and J.Cole*

I'm finally ready to delve into the rest of his discography. Where should I start?

Let me tell you a few things about Nas.....

You've already reached the top of the mountain. The more you hear from him, the more tarnished your impression of him will become. Save your platinum memory of Illmatic and spare yourself the pain we've all endured hyping and buying his other garbage. Eh, try AZ Doe or Die. He's the cat that stole the show on Life's a Bitch. It's about the closest thing to a sequel to Illmatic that you'll get.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000SZBS30/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Sugar Hill
http://youtu.be/lBeyeSCG5Ho

Also, Cormega

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00130OA7A/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The True Meaning
http://youtu.be/7bXAgabz8rE

No Nas album outside of Illmatic can wipe either of these albums ass, and I'd say they're all in the same exact NYC sub genre of hip hop in terms of overall sound and lyrics.

Detox

Hey GAF-Hop help me out here: Illmatic is my favorite rap album. I've listened to it hundreds of times and just about know every word. The thing is, I've never checked out any of Nas' other stuff because I've read how far he fell off. I listen to a bunch of music so I just never got around to listening to his other records. And I always thought that they might leave a bad taste in my mouth concerning Nas' legacy, because he was a poet on Illmatic:

I switched my motto--instead of saying "fuck tomorrow" that buck that bought a bottle could have struck the lotto.

Just genius. But I'm finally ready to delve into the rest of his discography. Where should I start?

You're a stan for that efforless flow and poetry nobody comes close to it so you have to continue listening to Esco. Grab Lost Tapes, It Was Written, I Am and Hip-Hop is Dead then when you're fiending for more get the rest of his discography.

Jay Sosa

Who do you guys think is more abstract?

Cannibal Ox or Madvillain?

CO, definitely. Funny that you ask, cause I just was listening to MV yesterday. It took me some time to decipher what he is talking about (non native) but when I did I realized the lyrics aren't really that abstract.

And even though Illmatic is Nas best work you're missing out on lots of incredible stuff when you ignore everything he done after that. At least listen to the Lost Tapes and It was Written. And Stillmatic and Hop Hop is Dead. And I Am and Untitled. And Nastra...nah let's not start that cycle again.

The fuck..I meant to say Hip Hop. Although Hop Hop cracks me up, I think I'll start calling rap Hop Hop from now on.

DominoKid

i like the song...

Noz called this shit months ago saying intelligent trunk music is a dumb genre. The more I listen to stuff from that session, the more I see he was right.

Snort some dope KRIT, get a double cup, fuck a gang of groupie hoes at the same time, hang out with Juicy J for a few months. Whatever it takes. Get this meaningful shit out of my speakers.

...but i tend to agree with this if Noz goes where I think he would w/ it. link me to this session.

kamspy

Domino, it's somewhere on Cocaine Blunts, but he basically called 4eva N A Day before it happened. :(

Also, it's not that I don't like the track, I just want that country shit, bowling ball swirl, sub beastin' KRIT of last year. :/

Grzi

The Drill, off California Republic featuring Meek Mill and Ace Hood is a GREAT track. Whenever I hear a track from Game, I feel like I'm 2005 again. Beat is nice as shit (Cool & Dre!), and they kill it.

Bad bitch wit me, bet she know the drill...

Death Penalty too, woooow

The mixtape is pretty dope.
The beats for They Don't Want None and Roll My Shit are better than most of the beats on the RED Album.

Recon

Banned

Fuck that nonsense. Not everyone wants dumb downed stupid music for high school drop outs.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Speaking of Aesop, I think this single is new: http://soundcloud.com/rhymesayers/04-zero-dark-thirty/s-VFra3

Pretty dope overall, and the drums are godlike. Don't know who produced it though.

Fuck yes, so good. Can't wait for the album.

Fuck that nonsense. Not everyone wants dumb downed stupid music for high school drop outs.

lol seriously. "Get this meaningful shit out of my speakers" may be the single dumbest fucking statement made in this thread yet.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

WTF?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I mean personally I kinda prefer the bangers KRIT but i wouldnt say something like that now

So do I, but wanting nothing but ignorant shit from all your music is the kind of thing 13 year olds and fake thugs with low IQ want. Kam is neither of those things so his statement comes across as extra stupid.

kodecraft

Speak for yourself by yourself, don't listen to it, the ignorant dumb shit outnumbers the meaningful music. Some of us are really going through it and need this type of music.

Tokubetsu

gonna leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JTkd-QUv6oM

Interested in what you think of this Toku

Man, just because I'm the dark prince of gaf-hop doesn't mean im gonna like every weirdo, spaced out dark alt rap garbage. Production isn't bad in terms of garage electronic shit, video is kinda cool concept? That's as nice as I'm gonna be. Dark Sister is better and even their shit is suspect. At least you can vibe to their shit.

PBY

Banned
Man, just because I'm the dark prince of gaf-hop doesn't mean im gonna like every weirdo, spaced out dark alt rap garbage. Production isn't bad in terms of garage electronic shit, video is kinda cool concept? That's as nice as I'm gonna be. Dark Sister is better and even their shit is suspect.

Haha I actually just wanted your honest opinion- came across this on twitter, and this totally is NOT my genre, so I just kinda listen to stuff like that and can't formulate an opinion. I wanted your take on it cuz youd know if it was good or trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom