• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I meant to have this beat be available for download so even though I'm pretty sure nobody listened to it i'll just throw the link up again in case anyone wants a throwaway beat to make fart noises over or something.

siddx- wfs

hubes

after seeing krit live the other day i have a new appreciation for just touched down, rotation and my sub. 3 of my favorite songs now.

siddx

after seeing krit live the other day i have a new appreciation for just touched down, rotation and my sub. 3 of my favorite songs now.

rotation and my sub have always been two of my favorite. The right amount of fun ignorance and bass without all the unnecessary yelling and idiotic posturing.

see5harp

this el-p album is absolutely ridiculous. It's another album that can become almost too much at once time but the killer mike LP album is now my most anticipated album of the year. El-p is has taken his production to the perfect crossroads between darkness and beauty. There is a lot less dissonance here at least from the first few listens. There isnt that sense of paranoia in his voice which may irk his biggest fans, but I actually find the album much easier to listen to than any of his other albums (which I always still appreciated). He knows how to let beats build up from a buzz saw to a scalpel, I think he is just more conscious to make sure the message doesn't get in front of the music. I was getting absolutely shit faced on Friday and hearing "I got memories to lose-I am in a rush. Dont make me suffer this dimension straight-when we can bend face, let space pixelate" was perfect. none of the guest spots are wasted either. Killer mike, Danny brown, Exquire, and the always dependable Despot all sound pretty awesome on these beats.

Esch

Banned
Ive actually never listened to El-P ever in my life. Where to start?

Edit: ive listened to The Cold Vein i suppose

iavi

Chuuwee can spit, but I can't be the only one that thinks he sounds like a little ass babby at times, though? Like, his content doesn't match the delivery.

Esch

Banned
I dont know what the fuck babby means, but I guess sometimes he goes too hard over more laid back beats than I'd prefer. He has yet to develop a proficient slower flow ala 2nd Childhood.

see5harp

Cold vein is essential obviously. A lot of his cool trademark production stuff would be missed if you started with his new album, but I gotta say this is probably the easiest to start out with. Most of his albums are extremely dense, concept forward, apocalyptic madness inducing affairs. Fantastic Damage is probably rut up there with The Cold vein, at least it was when it came out. If you like more than rap, then definely check out his production and remix work. He's worked with Beck, TV on the Radio, and it sounds like the dude from islands, Unicorns is on this album. If you wanted something a little more skewed towards his older stuff check out his last album, which is probably right in the middle. Give the song a chance to play out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuYf2-B2wAc

Juelz Santana & Just Blaze - The Second Coming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW9f_oC8fEs

Such a sick beat wasted on Juelz. I like the song overall though...but, it's like...when "What the Game's Been Missing" came out and everyone was hyping him I thought I was going crazy. I was like this dude is rhyming the exact same words together 3/4 times in a row! I mean, aside from maybe 3 songs I couldn't see why people liked him!

Anyway, for some reason my phone has been repeating a certain Kanye song when I have the music player on random and it really makes me laugh listening to it. Kanye basically became everything he said he wasn't...

Everything I Am

see5harp

Also company flow funcrusher is probably essential el-p but I'm not sure it fits in with his solo material. It's classic independent hip hop though and without the reissue, I don't think Rawkus would have ever gotten so successful.

siddx

I like Chuuwee but the constant "I'm the second coming, I'm going to take over hip hop, I'm so good your mother sucks my dick for a discount" gets old after a while. It's tiring from rappers who actually have a claim at being the man, but from someone who is barely more than an internet rapper making mixtapes it's really obnoxious. I suppose he has the talent to get himself to that spot though.

Esch

Banned
braggadocio is fine as long as its consistently witty.

this Jadakiss mixtape is surprisingly entertaining, wat. fucking stacked feature list might have something to do with that one.

HiResDes

braggadocio is fine as long as its consistently witty.

this Jadakiss mixtape is surprisingly entertaining, wat. fucking stacked feature list might have something to do with that one.

Word, some of this shit definitely bangs. And more people should download this tape that Siddx posted:

Edit: Up Top Game is top-tier

siddx

Word, some of this shit definitely bangs. And more people should download this tape that Siddx posted:

Yeah I've been enjoying that tape. Only one track I find completely unlistenable ("I'm sorry" which is so bad it made me physically recoil when it came on).

And I'm still laughing at Obama name dropping Young Jeezy at that correspondents dinner yesterday.

Esch

Banned
Honestly this tape makes me think Kiss would be pretty much perfect for MMG, he would fit in almost creepily well on their compilation stuff.

edit: forgot he was on 600 benz lol

saw kid cudi and asap rocky yesterday at sweetlife festival. asap came like 40 minutes late and played 4 songs before dipping, which really pissed me off

however, cudi was fucking awesome. played MOTM1+2 as well as some stuff from AKNC. just an amazing set that went by far too quick

i also got kicked in the head a few times by a buncha 16 yr old girls during explosions in the sky. almost lost my fuckin ipod too. awful awful crowd during that one ugh

CRS

Is there a non-DJBooth link for that StuCat? My ISP really hates DJBooth and I can't download anything from there.

PBY

Banned
No one dled that Vinny cha$e? Damn.. was interested in getting impressions, I absolutely love it, but I could see some of you thinking its corny/sucks.

Tokubetsu

Thanks man.

so is Adult Swim some kind of music label as well? Either way, I have the urge to go listen to DangerDoom again...

Williams Street is really a label. They basically just fund cool music projects when they come up/release soundtracks for the AS shows. Killer Mike has done voice work for them a couple of times as well, so it's not like they didn't already have a relationship.

RJT

this el-p album is absolutely ridiculous. It's another album that can become almost too much at once time but the killer mike LP album is now my most anticipated album of the year. El-p is has taken his production to the perfect crossroads between darkness and beauty. There is a lot less dissonance here at least from the first few listens. There isnt that sense of paranoia in his voice which may irk his biggest fans, but I actually find the album much easier to listen to than any of his other albums (which I always still appreciated). He knows how to let beats build up from a buzz saw to a scalpel, I think he is just more conscious to make sure the message doesn't get in front of the music. I was getting absolutely shit faced on Friday and hearing "I got memories to lose-I am in a rush. Dont make me suffer this dimension straight-when we can bend face, let space pixelate" was perfect. none of the guest spots are wasted either. Killer mike, Danny brown, Exquire, and the always dependable Despot all sound pretty awesome on these beats.

Agreed.

Ive actually never listened to El-P ever in my life. Where to start?

Edit: ive listened to The Cold Vein i suppose

Funcrusher Plus is his best album, though its with him and 2 other guys under the name of Company Flow.
Still, its technically an El-P album anyway, he did all of the production and raps on all but 1 track.
Fair warning, Funcrusher Plus is a love it or hate it album. You get it or don't. It took me years to catch on, seriously.
though if you liked The Cold Vein you would probably like this.

iavi

Thelonious Martin - Colors

*Check "Red," seriously; I would love to see someone demolish that track. And "Purp" bangs, but is lounge while doing it.

CRS

Red is okay but Blue is that shit. Just found my new homework music. Thanks man.

Woah. That Purp intro. That's some straight Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Bonus Stage music right there.

Was expecting a god damn chaos emerald at the end of the track.

That first track. Someone needs to loop the intro to that.

Red. Red. Red. Red.
Orange. Orange. Orange. Orange.
Green. Green. Green. Green.
Blue. Blue. Oooh oooh.

Between Blue and Nothing Rhymes With Oranage, insta buy.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Such a sick beat wasted on Juelz. I like the song overall though...but, it's like...when "What the Game's Been Missing" came out and everyone was hyping him I thought I was going crazy. I was like this dude is rhyming the exact same words together 3/4 times in a row! I mean, aside from maybe 3 songs I couldn't see why people liked him!

Anyway, for some reason my phone has been repeating a certain Kanye song when I have the music player on random and it really makes me laugh listening to it. Kanye basically became everything he said he wasn't...

Everything I Am

that song always reminds me of angel. no clue why.

iavi

Red is okay but Blue is that shit. Just found my new homework music. Thanks man.

Woah. That Purp intro. That's some straight Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Bonus Stage music right there.

Was expecting a god damn chaos emerald at the end of the track.

That first track. Someone needs to loop the intro to that.

Red. Red. Red. Red.
Orange. Orange. Orange. Orange.
Green. Green. Green. Green.
Blue. Blue. Oooh oooh.

Between Blue and Nothing Rhymes With Oranage, insta buy.

NP, fam. I was going to post it in the jazz-hop thread - still am, as soon as I get this complitation post together, but figured a few of you good fellas in here would dig it. That Purp intro is indeed nuts.

CRS

NP, fam. I was going to post it in the jazz-hop thread - still am, as soon as I get this complitation post together, but figured a few of you good fellas in here would dig it. That Purp intro is indeed nuts.

Yeah, I really need to go bandcamp hunting again. Every time I've looked for music, I've come out with at least a gem or two.

iavi

Yeah, I really need to go bandcamp hunting again. Every time I've looked for music, I've come out with at least a gem or two.

Yeah, it's such a good time to be a fan of music; Availability/Accessibility's up, and you gottta weed through the shit, but there's so, so many gems out there. I'm on BC every few days doing the digital crate dig, as I call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom