• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Instead of someone interesting like Tyler, the Creator or A$AP Rocky, Pharrell is taking the time to do an EP with Mac fucking Miller.

Instead of someone interesting like Tyler, the Creator or A$AP Rocky, Pharrell is taking the time to do an EP with Mac fucking Miller.

They've already finished, 10 tracks in all.
I posted the single in here a few days back.

Oh yeah, Pharrell has worked with Tyler before and has already recorded with ASAP for his upcoming album ;)

Esch

Banned
not a stan or even a fan but your general attitude...

2pac-spit.gif

EDIT: And Pharrell would make that choice, because Mac sells the most.

kamspy

Tyler is the man though.

I mean shit, anybody. Maybe not Machine Gun Kelly, but anybody. Do a quick EP with Bun B and you got a little instant mixtape classic in a couple weekends of sessions. Re-up with Slim Thug and make some hot shit. The Mac song is terrible. He kills the beat and makes it sound like some amateur shit. For real embarrassing. I just heard the song - found out about the collabo now, so the cut is fresh. I dig some Neptunes production. Fuck, do a EP with NORE. That would be a swag riot.

Tyler is the man though.

I mean shit, anybody. Maybe not Machine Gun Kelly, but anybody. Do a quick EP with Bun B and you got a little instant mixtape classic in a couple weekends of sessions. Re-up with Slim Thug and make some hot shit. The Mac song is terrible. He kills the beat and makes it sound like some amateur shit. For real embarrassing. I just heard the song - found out about the collabo now, so the cut is fresh. I dig some Neptunes production. Fuck, do a EP with NORE. That would be a swag riot.

MGK is bad, but really, he is no more offensively bad than Tyler or Miller. They are all annoying little shits who are boring on the beat and have little to say. Their shit doesnt even bang in the whip, so I cant even enjoy them on that level.

I really don't think you got the point of Bastard, it certainly wasn't to be banged in your whip or to put on at a frat party.

Never said it was. You see Des, I never gave my opinion on what I thought of Bastard. You assumed I thought this based on nothing but a few comments on his target audience. Bastard was annoying, with nothing to say and tired subject matter. I dont need horrorcore lite with shitty beats. ICP did that in the 90s. If his sound is somehow new to you, and you like it, awesome. But I heard this same shit back in the day, and its just repackaged for a new generation without any interesting spin on it.

HiResDes

Never said it was. You see Des, I never gave my opinion on what I thought of Bastard. You assumed I thought this based on nothing but a few comments on his target audience. Bastard was annoying, with nothing to say and tired subject matter. I dont need horrorcore lite with shitty beats. ICP did that in the 90s. If his sound is somehow new to you, and you like it, awesome. But I heard this same shit back in the day, and its just repackaged for a new generation without any interesting spin on it.
Being novel isn't a requisite for being good. And Bastard is way too introspective and personal to ever be mistaken as horror-core. Also the beats on it are actually rather laid back.

Being novel isn't a requisite for being good. And Bastard is way too introspective and personal to ever be mistaken as horror-core. Also the beats on it are actually rather laid back.

Man, you must be listening to a different Tyler. Admittedly I only gave Bastard 1 spin, same with Goblin. I think Goblin was worse though. I did love his energy. It doesnt help that his whole crew is more talented than him, and it shows constantly.

That Joey Badass mixtape is amazing. Getting mad DITC and Black Moon vibes from this. Dude can rhyme and surrounds himself with dudes (and chicks) who can rhyme. And the production is dope

i guess i should download this, damn thats my shit

Part of it has to do with him rapping over some DITC stuff, but even the original production has that feel. Shit is dope. It reminds me of ASAP Rocky in the sense that while he was doing his take on southern rap/swag, this is a take on 90s NY hip hop

OG Kush

So Platinum Games has a live stream of their offices and I just clicked on it and an ad came up with a dope hiphop track on it. These guys seem to be from Japan and the only thing I can track down is this vimeo account with two songs anyway here they are:
Simple Things feat.H.McCloud
[/URL]

hahaha i can't take this japanese guy rapping in english. u gotta be joking right? this shit is hilarious.

Detox

Well it was more the beat than the rapping that I liked. I guess the Japanese guy rapping in English was a given not sure if he fares better in the other track in Japanese as I don't understand it.

Grzi

Kams, i actually had to google Nore to see if he was still actively making music. Funny enough Pharrell is on a track on his 2012 album and producing it
with lil wayne ahhahaah

you know what you guys actually gotta see this feature list because its hilarious

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.U.P.E.R.T.H.U.G.

Yeah, I just found out too and posted the Scared Money video a couple pages back, the song is nothing special but Pusha killed his verse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyTOZ2mS0sQ

That Joey Badass mixtape is amazing. Getting mad DITC and Black Moon vibes from this. Dude can rhyme and surrounds himself with dudes (and chicks) who can rhyme. And the production is dope

It's pretty dope, yeah, the kid can really spit, need to give it a couple more spins though.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Tyler is the man though.

Working with Slim Thug is the best option.

Grzi

For a dude that used to switch his flow every four bars, Ludacris seems to be using the flow at the start of his verse on Candy Paint & Gold Teeth a little bit too often these days.

Detox

Great mix Ace, bonus points for getting Birdman in there. Leave you Alone is a guilty pleasure of mine, Warren G did a good job on the beat would have been better with Nate on it. Still a few Jeezy tracks that could have made it in there which speaks for the strength of his discography. Would have liked more stuff from TM101 and some of my other personal favourites like:
Chickens No Flour
Count it Up
Trap or Die 2 Reloaded
Win
By the Way
Bury Me a G
Can I put in a request for a Nas mix before Life is Good drops on 17th July?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Great mix Ace, bonus points for getting Birdman in there. Leave you Alone is a guilty pleasure of mine, Warren G did a good job on the beat would have been better with Nate on it. Still a few Jeezy tracks that could have made it in there which speaks for the strength of his discography. Would have liked more stuff from TM101 and some of my other personal favourites like:
Chickens No Flour
Count it Up
Trap or Die 2 Reloaded
Win

Can I put in a request for a Nas mix before Life is Good drops on 17th July?
Fuuuuuuuu

That was my secret project :(

Also three of those four song were in the queue but somehow didn't find their way into the mix

HiResDes

I like more tracks on the new Flocka than ya'll... U Ain't Bout That Life, Lurkin, Rooster in My Rari, Let Dem Guns Blam, I Don't Really Care, Everything I Love...Just pure ignorance.

I posted this before but I don't know if anyone saw.

Does anyone have (or could find) a soundclip of the infamous "2chhhhaaainnnzz"?

I'm hoping to make it a text alert for a friend of mine.

Thanks Gaf-Hop

For a dude that used to switch his flow every four bars, Ludacris seems to be using the flow at the start of his verse on Candy Paint & Gold Teeth a little bit too often these days.

yeah was disappointed in his verse! Hoping he's saving them for his upcoming album or something.

I like more tracks on the new Flocka than ya'll... U Ain't Bout That Life, Lurkin, Rooster in My Rari, Let Dem Guns Blam, I Don't Really Care, Everything I Love...Just pure ignorance.

I like more than rooster in my rari, it's just man... it's so good. I don't really feel I don't really care for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom