• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I've only given The Stoned Immaculate, Live From The Underground and R.A.P a single spin and it was while I was getting some work done.

Big Boi's track record is damn impressive and his last album was amazing, much better than anything put out this year. I'm hyped.

Funny you post that. Last night I put Sir Lucious back on my iPhone today.

I like Killer Mike. I loved the first half of Pl3dge but I thought his best work ever was "The Killer" mixtape/album. It was the perfect blend of gangsta/politics. IMO he will never, ever touch that again. With that said, I don't get the hype around R.A.P. at all.

But right now, I am bumping Smoke DZA - "Substance Abuse". It has been remastered, added the tracks from "Substance Abuse 1.5" and put on sale. I am really loving it.

Lhexh

TM101 wasn't really about lyrics. It was a feeling, a vibe, a movement.

For me, idk if there's been an album since then with such an immediate, overwhelming impact.

All of his albims are meant to be street anthems. He knows he isn't lyrical.

HiResDes

I really want to see Kam's Mercy video, someone help him edit it...It would cheer me up a bunch.

Anyway, Joey Bada$$'s mixtape drops today as well, so check that out guys.

kamspy

With that said, I don't get the hype around R.A.P. at all.

Really? I'm curious, what doesn't it do for ya? It smoked Pl3dge for me, and I'm a huge Killa Kill fan.

To me it's like a whole career reboot. A pure Killa Kill album with zero major label influence. Even Pl3dge had some lame Grand Hustle fingerprints on it.

kamspy

I really want to see Kam's Mercy video, someone help him edit it...It would cheer me up a bunch.

Anyway, Joey Bada$$'s mixtape drops today as well, so check that out guys.

Why don't you drive up here and be in it? We got room for more verses.

I'm going for something like Pusha T Exodus x Still Tippin (with less cars, obviously)

Grzi

Joey Bada$$ - 1999

1999.jpg

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/17524/joey_bada_1999.html

kamspy

Never heard of dude but I'm gonna give it a try. It's free.

Yall did burn me on that Oddisee. It's not bad, but not worth $9 to me. Kinda boring and bland. The sound is also kinda dated. Maybe the production would hit me better if they had a better MC on it.

Esch

Banned
I don't think its boring at all. it is kinda undergroundy jazz rap and i could have told you you wouldnt have felt it.

OG Kush

OH SHIT this is Dope....Got me fist pumping doe. I always look for electronic/house remixes (cause I goto clubs way too much) of hiphop and r & b tracks and It sucks cause there arent many....well many of the ones that I want to be remixed.
Like, one of "Blue sky" by common I think would be sick.

but yea, this shit is ill...

I've had an idea of doing a house/trancey remix of Blue sky for ages now, just my production skills are on point, but I'm with you on that. I'm suprised no one has remixed Blue Sky yet, that hook/girl sinking just seemed so right for for it.

kamspy

I don't think its boring at all. it is kinda undergroundy jazz rap and i could have told you you wouldnt have felt it.

I really dig all the Guru Jazzamatazz albums. Tribe, De La, Heiro, etc. We haven't had a breakout artist in this subgenre in a long ass time. For me, Oddisee isn't it.

Rooster in my rari is by far my favorite on that Triple F album.

Same. It's also maybe the only song on the album I even like. It's clear that this was a compilation of potential radio singles. I'm not mad at him. He throws out enough free shit that's good and hard. It was just really hamfisted. I think with the right executive producer you could make a really good Flocka album. This isn't it.

see these hoes
we done ran thru em
xanax we done chewed em
lames better salute em

Rooster in my 'Rari

2nd half of the Outro doesn't even sound like Flocka and back of the CD is saying it's just him. Crazy.

Same. It's also maybe the only song on the album I even like. It's clear that this was a compilation of potential radio singles. I'm not mad at him. He throws out enough free shit that's good and hard. It was just really hamfisted. I think with the right executive producer you could make a really good Flocka album. This isn't it.

see these hoes
we done ran thru em
xanax we done chewed em
lames better salute em

Rooster in my 'Rari

Majority of the first half sounds like singles. I was actually expecting Candy Paint and Gold Teeth to be my favorite. That's really the only song you like though? I feel like you'll dig the 2nd half a lot more than the first.

Also, I don't know what everyone's favorite was on Flockaveli, but mine was definitely fuck the club up. that shit gets me too hyped

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
2nd half of the Outro doesn't even sound like Flocka and back of the CD is saying it's just him. Crazy.

Majority of the first half sounds like singles. I was actually expecting Candy Paint and Gold Teeth to be my favorite. That's really the only song you like though? I feel like you'll dig the 2nd half a lot more than the first.

Also, I don't know what everyone's favorite was on Flockaveli, but mine was definitely fuck the club up. that shit gets me too hyped

Live by the gun was the only track that got consistent play from me. About half the album never got more than a single listen and the other half got boring after a week. Flocka makes that kind of rap that comes out the gate swinging haymakers and then goes down in the second round from fatigue. But so do most rappers now days it seems.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Anyone here have any video editing skills? Gonna shoot a little video for a Mercy remix that me and my boy did. We got dope cars, videos hoes, drugs everything you need to make a good video. We just need an editor.

Going for a basic street video. 3 locations. Hood w/background crackheads, apartment parking lot, and a little dope spot down by the river. Gonna use my Caddy and my boy's Benz as car candy. Got a couple good looking white women to wear skimpy clothes and do video ho shit. And of course, drugs.

Also, LOL at P4K giving Triple F Life a 7. Just when they were starting to get a halfway decent rap for hip hop reviews.....

and I like Flocka, Triple F is just mediocre as fuck. Just seems like an average ass mixtape.

You're asking if I got skills? Yeah, I got some skills.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
All this birdtalk make me want some popeyes. Please his rapping style never switched up. The only thing about I do and Recession that is different is the beat selection. He is still talking about dealing in the same manner. Do you listen to lyrics or do you just skim through it?

Same lyrical content that's why my cousins still feel him as a rapper and dis me when I listen to Jay and kanye.

Yeah I listen to lyrics.. Do you read? Never said his style switched up.. Said his wordplay got better... As did his punchlines..

and I do and the recession are different than his older stuff lyrically on many different levels.

Blackace

TM101 wasn't really about lyrics. It was a feeling, a vibe, a movement.

For me, idk if there's been an album since then with such an immediate, overwhelming impact.
Yup... But as a Jeezy fan you can his growth as an MC? He might not have that raw energy he had with 101 ever again but at least he got better..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
No single, no tour. What did KRIT expect

Not bad numbers for Curren$y

I am surprised KRIT didn't get a single or video or something. Seems to me he did a big promo push weeks before the album was released, but now doing very little. Strange. Part of me thinks all of this is an experiment by Def Jam to see if hyped mixtapes can turn into album sales.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWYPaY5UUg&feature=player_embedded

Holy shit, you guys seen this video?

Nas was going to have an animatronic Jay-Z hang on stage in 2002. Apparently he was not allowed for some reason...

I am sure Hot 97 wasn't down with a lynching on their stage.

Esch

Banned
i really wish XV would drop the whole squarians thing, its just dumb

we know youre nerdy son shut the fuck up about it :V

kamspy

Dat Alchemist x Danny X Schoolboy....

Throw Soulo in there and make a double LP and get my AOTY and my $20. Do it.

Why does Al fuck with garbage can rappers like Oh No when he could be doing shit like this....

EDIT:

Thoughts on that Pusha T x Lil Wayne Round 1. Even though Exodus is infinitely better than Goulish, Wayne still wins for the first 2 bars. All Pusha had to do was say names and it would have been the most lopsided beef ever. Making a song about dudes being soft, and then not naming names in a beef song is kinda ironic.

PBY

Banned
Dat Alchemist x Danny X Schoolboy....

Throw Soulo in there and make a double LP and get my AOTY and my $20. Do it.

Why does Al fuck with garbage can rappers like Oh No when he could be doing shit like this....

Is it just me or are the vocals mixed kind of weird? Beat is nuts tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWYPaY5UUg&feature=player_embedded

Holy shit, you guys seen this video?

Nas was going to have an animatronic Jay-Z hang on stage in 2002. Apparently he was not allowed for some reason...

Holy shit.. this is ridiculous. Favourited. Wow Nas.

This is.. this is beautiful. Dat beat, oh my days.

Big Krit's LFTUG - 40k

Currency's SI - 38k
Wow.. I expected at least 80k. There was like no buzz for this, it just kind of crept up and dropped. This does not bode well for Big K.R.I.T.'s future. Hope he can take the Curren$y route out of the major label situation.

But now what's the resolution of that GAF-Hop bet about album sales with Recon and kams I think?

http://soundcloud.com/kanyegood/good-tuesday-number-2

Another leaked GOOD Music album lq snippet (Teyana Taylor)
This album will be monstrous. Jesus.
You can't hear shit :lol Hyped regardless.

Also, I remember y'all raving on about this Lushlife album a while back. Apparently you can download it free if you just like their FB page. Is it the same album? I be on that. EDIT: Nevermind, it's just the download for the remix :\

Also, Lushlife ft. Angel Deradoorian, Cities Aviv, G-Side, Big Baby Gandhi, Deniro Farrar & KDz Kenny Dennis – She’s a Buddhist, I’m a Cubist (Remix).

G.O.O.D. Music Team talk about Cruel Summer.

Snoop Dogg's video for the song he did for TTT2. I can't believe I'd see the day where Justin Wong was in a Snoop Dogg video.

Blackace

No single, no tour. What did KRIT expect

Not bad numbers for Curren$y

Money on the Floor was his songle released in Oct of last year

Yeah dats me and I got this..

were released in March..

seems like singles were released just not pushed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom