• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Dipset and Wu are my two favorite groups of all time... but they are incomparable. Wu are revolutionary rappers, storytellers, and producers of great music. Dipset are swagging, swagging, and had great rap beats. Wu makes you feel gritty and dark, Dipset makes you feel like a gangster who will beat the shit out of anyone.

Two completely different groups in the same genre that can't be compared at all. But that's how weird rap is.

Though I guess Wu could be compared to Dipset now that everything imaginative has been passed up for coke rap... besides Meth. But whatever. I could complain about Wu past 2006 for days.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's been happening, but I don't think the overall MC level is anything special now compared to rest of the states...

There are a decent amount of East Coast acts. The issue is usually they don't have that traditional East Coast sound. On the flip more acts outside of the East coast haveI incorporated The East Coast sound in the music they make.

In a way using coast to describe a sound isn't as accurate as it use to be.

T Dollarz

Just listened to Russian Roulette during my workout. Idk, somewhere between my 5th-10th listen? But goddamn, it's so good. The production, the flow from track to track, the cohesiveness, the features... I love it. In my top 10 this year, I'll have to think more about it entering the top half.... It's been a really good yer. For comparison purposes of recent albums, I would easily have this above Life is Good.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Something new from Mr VIP.

Jackie Chain - Bruce Lean Chronicles Vol. 1

L6qSO.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Birdman is truly a smart dumb ninja. From what I understand he invests his money, has a bullet proof contract, and pays his taxes - stuff that most rappers fuck up. I even saw a video of him discussing how he takes care of his teeth/grill, which impressed me to a degree given I work at a dental office.

He's eating good off these fools

Detox

Birdman is truly a smart dumb ninja. From what I understand he invests his money, has a bullet proof contract, and pays his taxes - stuff that most rappers fuck up. I even saw a video of him discussing how he takes care of his teeth/grill, which impressed me to a degree given I work at a dental office.

He's eating good off these fools
Yeah there's an interview with Forbes and Birdman does not sound like the idiot his persona portrays him as. Both him and Slim are smart and they know exactly what they are doing they got the airwaves on lock and own 100% of Cash Money, there isn't anyone else in hiphop that can claim something like that. As much props as Jay gets I don't think he has the kind of control they do.

Izick

I'm actually kind of digging these last two Nas albums. Not masterpieces, or even as good as Lost Tapes, but still not that bad for modern shit.

Sly Fox

//B1G

Banned
i'm finally getting familiar enough with Reason to not shut it down after 5 minutes of trial and error, i need motivation to be able to actually finish something though...

Detox

This universal apartheid
I'm hog-tied, the corporate side
Blocking y'all from going to stores and buying it
First L.A. and Doug Morris was riding wit it
But Newsweek article startled big wigs
They said, Nas, why is he trying it?
My lawyers only see the Billboard charts as winning
Forgetting - Nas the only true rebel since the beginning
Still in musical prison, in jail for the flow
Try telling Bob Dylan, Bruce, or Billy Joel
They can't sing what's in their soul
So untitled it is
I never change nothin'
But people remember this
If Nas can't say it, think about these talented kids
With new ideas being told what they can and can't spit
I can't sit and watch it
So, shit, I'ma drop it
Like it or not
You ain't gotta cop it
I'm a hustler in the studio
Cups of Don Julio
No matter what the CD called
I'm unbeatable, y'all

This is the first time I ever heard anyone on the internet say good things about those headphones.

Don't own a pair. Wouldnt spend that kinda money on headphones. Have used them. Their fantastic. The problem is people are saying these things on the internet.

Oh and they're popular, that's always a no no on the internet.

Don't own a pair. Wouldnt spend that kinda money on headphones. Have used them. Their fantastic. The problem is people are saying these things on the internet.

Oh and they're popular, that's always a no no on the internet.

Well uh no. You should try good headphones before you say these things. Beats are called shitty for a reason...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That line really rubs me the wrong way. There's shameless, and then there's shameless.
It's not even that it's shameless. Even if it's an unintended promotion or name drop or Dre trying to find two words that rhyme, it's the fact that it closes out the verse and your like "wait what the fuck? Seriously now Dre?" Musical C'mon Son moment.

Fucking wow.

To qualify that, you only need to go into a music store and try some Audio-Technicas next to some Beats by Dre and it's clear where the quality lies.

You see the douchebags wearing them like a fashion accessory and you immediately dislike. I can relate to that. Go listen to some of your favourite music through them. Not strictly rap either. They're good.

In saying that im not a headphone type of guy. Ive no use for them. I own a stereo and a car with a system.

Ive used them and liked them. Get off me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom