• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT4| At that Das EFX concert, I riggity realized that I liggity love you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Cube >>> all.

And.

1. West
2. South
3. Midwest
4. East
5. Bermuda
6. Japan
7. Russia
8. Brazil
9. Bermuda
10. Lupe fiasco

kamspy

Common, duh

dAcnf.jpg

Macca

On the real tho, drake has got to be in the top 10 GOAT just cause of how well he sings and does hooks, plus he's a real good rapper

IrishNinja

^local radio was looping some off it, already had jokes

good on him for branching out, hopefully he doesn't keep autopiloting his efforts & gets into something again

La Coka Nostra – Masters Of The Dark Arts
La_Coka_Nostra-Masters_of_The_Dark_Arts.jpg

01. My Universe (Feat. Vinnie Paz)
02. Creed Of The Greedier
03. המוסד
04. Mind Your Business
05. Electronic Funeral (Feat. Sean Price)
06. The Story Goes On
07. Letter To Ouisch
08. Snow Beach (Feat. Thirstin Howl III)
09. They Eyes Of Santa Muerte (Feat. Sick Jacken)
10. Murder World
11. Coka Kings (Feat. Vinnie Paz)
12. .38 Револьвер (Feat. Big Left)
13. Malverde Market
14. Masters Of The Dark Arts

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008PFWH80/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yo when ranking rappers, how much does likeability come into it?
Is it even a factor?

Cause I mean if I was ever gonna do a top 5/10/whatever I would have to throw Q-Tip on it.
Now I know he isn't the most technical or skillful rapper. Not even close.
But I just like that dude. You know?

*no pause*

Esch

Banned
Is it even a factor?

Cause I mean if I was ever gonna do a top 5/10/whatever I would have to throw Q-Tip on it.

*no pause*

charisma matters so much. the reason BIG >>>> Pun for example is charisma. The reason tupac approaches any top 10 list is charisma.

kamspy

Also Dipset > Wu-tang

I damn near got a Wu "W" tattoo'd on my hand, but I can see how some people could feel like this. Wu isn't for everyone.

Simple fact that camron was involved puts them down. Computers computin, Boogedy bootin.

Cam is the man because there is no father to his style. It's not for everyone, but ya can't say he's riding someone else's shit, which is rare in hip hop.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I damn near got a Wu "W" tattoo'd on my hand, but I can see how some people could feel like this. Wu isn't for everyone.

Cam is the man because there is no father to his style. It's not for everyone, but ya can't say he's riding someone else's shit, which is rare in hip hop.

I can admit that for the most part Wu isn't my thing. I do really resect them tho.. And fucks with Meth hardbody

Dipset's production is like nothing NY had ever had... Not shitting on some of the great producers from the east but Dipset bangs..

Esch

Banned
Naw i feel you even as a huge wu stan.

The East had some good banger type production but defintiely never made it a focus like the south and west did, maybe thats why theyre where they are today.

Blackace

Naw i feel you even as a huge wu stan.

The East had some good banger type production but defintiely never made it a focus like the south and west did, maybe thats why theyre where they are today.

The south pretty much still runs commercial hip-hop... So don't really understand the statement at all.. West's problems are a lack of labels and producers..

Is it even a factor?

*no pause*

Its all about who you like. And of the artists you like you pick your top 5. If it was all about technique etc every list would be horribly similar. Just pick YOUR top 5 and your set.

Esch

Banned
The south pretty much still runs commercial hip-hop... So don't really understand the statement at all.. West's problems are a lack of labels and producers..

West is kinda winning right now... Not in the way you want tho (understandable)

theyre just in 2nd place

kamspy

West was going places until TDE signed to Interscope.

TDE and OFWGKTA were the best new-new to come out of Cali in a minute.

Blackace

All the hot beats from the west get sent to Dre for Detox producers get a cheque and we never hear them.

Name five hot producers from the west.. Quick!

Yeah I am stuck too..l

Blackace

West is kinda winning right now... Not in the way you want tho (understandable)

theyre just in 2nd place

Nuttier than squirrel shit

Big Kendrick fan. OF not so much, i just cant really fucks with their music. Beats are all fucking weird or something i dont even know. Just doesnt do it for me.

Funny hearing that from a Wu fan...

Esch

Banned
I think im softening on Odd future. I disliked them much more before this year and now i think theyre much better. They kinda left the weird silly rape shit in the bushes and are concentrating more on their humor, introspection, and metaphors.

Rella is my video of the year and im not gonna lie that Domo Alc is something im lookin forward too.

Midwest still winnin over the west though. Good music. and Danny Brown.

Nuttier than squirrel shit.

my mother says the same thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom