• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Uhm wtf are y'all sleeping on this amazing set?

you're assuming we aint heard it before

pachah1.png

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
'media outraged at Rick Ross date rape punchline'?

leon.png

edit: "article: "Rick Ross thinks Rape is a Punchline"

This is rick ross'e "eminem/tracy Morgan" moment where he has to appologize to maintain his mainstreqm appeal. Once he does he signify's to possible investors that he is willing to dial it back to make money.

kamspy

New Lil Wayne is cool as fuck.

Some of yall know I was kinda MIA when Wayne became a superstar, so my expectations aren't for some big anticipated album in the genre.

Album is fun though. Beats are great. Days and Days and Trigger Finger are great. Especially Days and Days.

PBY

Banned
New Lil Wayne is cool as fuck.

Some of yall know I was kinda MIA when Wayne became a superstar, so my expectations aren't for some big anticipated album in the genre.

Album is fun though. Beats are great. Days and Days and Trigger Finger are great. Especially Days and Days.

1848447_o.gif

mooooose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gZmmzdz77so

Schoolboy performing Yay Yay at his second show last night. Sums up a lot of my problems with rap shows in general. Still was fun.

My problem with some of this "harder" drug music and the anthem choruses is that it doesn't get the crowd response that a rock show might. It lacks energy and I don't blame the performer very much. I would be fine vibing out to the mp3 in a huge crowd with someone acting as a ring leader, ideally the original performer. That's what EDM is. Instead you have people just waving their arm and standing in place. Songs like Yay Yay or Nightmare on Figg St make me want to beat the SHIT out of someone. At a hardcore show, you can release that energy. I always feel unfulfilled at rap shows because the only people having any fun and releasing energy are the performers.

I think the whole rap concert culture is boring, and I don't blame Q's reliance on the track with vocals because he's too fat to get through the song.

I've heard stories of old Wu shows causing mosh pits and riots. That was energy. Why the fuck have we regressed? It seems like a culture that is so uncomfortable in expressing itself that everyone resorts to standing there and waving their arms.

No reason why a Q and ASAP show shouldn't be like this at all times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLwWejoQk0

And even this has the crowd drained by the end... rap crowds need to step their G up.

kamspy

Damn.

Hard to believe I like rap that's too crappy for peterboy....

Oh well, I ain't got no worries, I ain't got no worries, I ain't got no worries.

PBY

Banned
Damn.

Hard to believe I like rap that's too crappy for peterboy....

Oh well, I ain't got no worries, I ain't got no worries, I ain't got no worries.

Nah I don't think its "too crappy," just bad. I like 4 songs off it, and its eh.

Peterboy what is that post a link to somethin or somethin.

New EP from CHVRCHES
Stream: http://pitchfork.com/advance/51-recover-ep/

You can stream some of their other stuff here:
https://soundcloud.com/chvrches

kamspy

Maybe I got a thing for drug induced albums. I dunno. Shit seems waaaay better than Carter 4 or any mixtape he's dropped since Carter 3.

Wayne is fucking high out of his mind on the whole thing though. Maybe I just enjoy the spectacle of it.

PBY

Banned
Maybe I got a thing for drug induced albums. I dunno. Shit seems waaaay better than Carter 4 or any mixtape he's dropped since Carter 3.

Wayne is fucking high out of his mind on the whole thing though. Maybe I just enjoy the spectacle of it.

I did a small write up when I first listened to it- I think the singles are "fine" but something about the three tracks
No Worries
Trippy
and Amerika

really struck me. Like its a three track sequence of him getting fucked up and coming down. I think they're unintentionally brilliant, something on the verge of a not-self-aware XXX.

Esch

Banned
XCOM update:

This game is f'n awesome (thanks again kam) and the GAF HOP squad is doing well. I made complex shadow a sniper girl and that entertains me. Y'all havent been dying as much, but luckily i'm really forgetful about saving the game and I end up losing chunks of the title at a time. Autosave makin me slip.

MVP soldiers: Ernesto WanderingWind, Akimbele PhoenixDark(That's how you know this is fiction, Rhino Siddx (you were right, you really are slaying my enemies :smug), Ahmed Tokubetsu.

Soilbreak is getting rpetty invaluable to the #brehsquad though, best support unit i have

T Dollarz

I stayed up all night playing the Halo 4 campaign. I've been up since 9:30 yesterday morning, now I gotta go to work til midnight. But holy fuck, this is by far my favorite Halo that I've played. I've never been a big fan of the series, but I'm in love with this game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
XCOM update:

This game is f'n awesome (thanks again kam) and the GAF HOP squad is doing well. I made complex shadow a sniper girl and that entertains me. Y'all havent been dying as much, but luckily i'm really forgetful about saving the game and I end up losing chunks of the title at a time. Autosave makin me slip.

MVP soldiers: Ernesto WanderingWind, Akimbele PhoenixDark(That's how you know this is fiction, Rhino Siddx (you were right, you really are slaying my enemies :smug), Ahmed Tokubetsu.

Soilbreak is getting rpetty invaluable to the #brehsquad though, best support unit i have

Get a squad lineup screenshot.

What armor level are you at? And have you started researching new weapons?

Esch

Banned
Get a squad lineup screenshot.

What armor level are you at? And have you started researching new weapons?
yea def. i got the carapace armor. wondering if i should put that rocket arnor on toku and my other snipers to see if they can get shots off from different altitudes.

i got laser and plasma rifles.

illadelph

My problem with some of this "harder" drug music and the anthem choruses is that it doesn't get the crowd response that a rock show might. It lacks energy and I don't blame the performer very much. I would be fine vibing out to the mp3 in a huge crowd with someone acting as a ring leader, ideally the original performer. That's what EDM is. Instead you have people just waving their arm and standing in place. Songs like Yay Yay or Nightmare on Figg St make me want to beat the SHIT out of someone. At a hardcore show, you can release that energy. I always feel unfulfilled at rap shows because the only people having any fun and releasing energy are the performers.

I think the whole rap concert culture is boring, and I don't blame Q's reliance on the track with vocals because he's too fat to get through the song.

I've heard stories of old Wu shows causing mosh pits and riots. That was energy. Why the fuck have we regressed? It seems like a culture that is so uncomfortable in expressing itself that everyone resorts to standing there and waving their arms.

No reason why a Q and ASAP show shouldn't be like this at all times:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVLwWejoQk0

And even this has the crowd drained by the end... rap crowds need to step their G up.

It's like how dancing was an integral part of the culture when it first started, but dudes are too embarrassed to bust a move half the time 'cause that shit ain't G son.

Ironic that the culture is uncomfortable with self expression when that's what hip hop (and music or art in general) is all about

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
yea def. i got the carapace armor. wondering if i should put that rocket arnor on toku and my other snipers to see if they can get shots off from different altitudes.

i got laser and plasma rifles.

Having that top down advantage is key for later levels.

I ended up working towards that Titan armor and plasma sniper rifles for all my snipers. Pretty sure I could drop one sniper into the battlefield now and one shot everything in sight. Gets pretty ridiculous. That and the awesome jet pack feature snipers can get makes the game unfair for the aliens.

DominoKid

God damn that Bugatti beat knocks in the car.

Is there anything else out recently that bumps like this?

Help a stuck in the 90s ninja out...

everytime that "niggas be hating i'm rich as a bitch" line drops i damn near push the gas through the floor.

sn: saw Kevin Gates on MTV Jams yesterday for Satellites. i guess he's about to get a push?

Esch

Banned
man... alc is a top ten all time producer. this durag dynasty is fucking great. its not perfect cause its pretty much sean price style i rap better than you and fuck yo bitch and fight ninjas music but damn this production

:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom