• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

that video is damn good too.

Where are you guys seeing the reviews? Are you sure they are not just OF fanatics?

EDIT: Not saying its crazy others would like it, as I quite enjoy it. I'm just wondering.

other forums. i don't think any official reviews are up. general consensus seems to be that Wolf addressed the mistakes of Goblin well and OF is back on track. apparently Tyler's a beast at chord progression & song structure. i just hear some beats that'd sound nice to fall asleep too.

i listened to it on the way home. tyler says a lot of slick shit. he's definitely been working on his writing. that's about as much praise as i can give it though.

aye what the fuck this trigger finger song by lil wayne is pretty damn sweet. need to edit out soulja boy though.

like the assassin's creed sample

edit: deniro farrar would murder this beat

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
aye what the fuck this trigger finger song by lil wayne is pretty damn sweet. need to edit out soulja boy though.

like the assassin's creed sample

edit: deniro farrar would murder this beat
Check out Gunwalk too.

Another runner for hook of the year. Also bonus uncredited Juicy J encore at the end of it which is dope.

I'M STRAPPED UP N***A FUCK A GUN LAW
yeah ho
SEE ME WALKING WITH A LIMP? THAT'S MY GUNWALK
yeah ho
I DON'T DO NO ARGUIN, I LET THE GUN TALK
yeah ho

DominoKid

Check out Gunwalk too.

Another runner for hook of the year. Also bonus uncredited Juicy J encore at the end of it which is dope.

I'M STRAPPED UP N***A FUCK A GUN LAW
yeah ho
SEE ME WALKING WITH A LIMP? THAT'S MY GUNWALK

yeah ho
I DON'T DO NO ARGUIN, I LET THE GUN TALK
yeah ho

this just makes me think of Plaxico Burress lol.

Esch

Banned
1024x575.resizedimage

HiResDes

I don't get people that like Wolf, it avoids the highest highs and lowest lows of Goblin in favor of a middling sterilized sound almost completely devoid of the punk like attitude that made tracks like Sandwiches and Yonkers so compelling.

Edit: Yes I'm still in action.

Trey

Kendrick is coming up my school in two weeks to perform and some Steve Aoki dude is opening for him. Anyone know what's up with this dude?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kendrick is coming up my school in two weeks to perform and some Steve Aoki dude is opening for him. Anyone know what's up with this dude?

His sister is the funny looking gal from Sin City and 2 Fast 2 Furious

He is a house DJ normally.. Seen him live a few times and dude is pretty dope at his trade..

Also his father owns Benihana's

Jitters

I don't think I agree that it avoids the highest highs of Goblin. Bimmer, Answer and a couple others are pretty damn good and the production is definitely up. I do, however, see what you're saying about the attitude being gone. I feel he traded aggressiveness for goofiness. He does get more serious on certain tracks, but I don't know if he ever sounds as pissed off as he did on Yonkers.

I think WOLF is really good. I can only listen to about 4 songs off of goblin now, two of which are the the singles. This has a lot more songs with replay value for me. Songs like Answer, IFHY, and Rusty are really damn good. It's not perfect, it's a bit too long, and yes his subject matter is a bit repetitive (although I think he's hit that part where he knows this) but I like it a lot more than Goblin.

Let's see how it holds up through the year tho. OF stuff often wears out it's welcome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There was a major release I wanted to check out before The Patriarch/Deniro's previous solo that came out around/after Trunk Muzik Returns but I can't remember it and it's bothering me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what is lil wayne's best verse ever

besides Romance of course
La La La (2nd verse)

Can I kick my story to y'all
My glory in God, my faith in my flow
I pray that I go, where no other rapper has
And when you're rappin' as
Vivid as I and limited as the sky, so I
Study B.I., I bang 2Pac, I hum Aaliyah
And Soulja Slim was a leader
Who am I not to follow greatness
I give these MC's hell like they all atheists
Tell them hatin' niggas "one" like they in the Matrix
And tell the cops I can buy my own bracelets
I'mma can keep the paper running like a pair of aces
Used to sport the Gucci bucks, nigga no laces
Striped polo, five pocket Girbaud
Mama got her tubes tied, I'm rockin' dolo
I used to have the starter jacket with the logo
And the hat, me myself I had the N-O
That's the Saints nigga

or

Fly In

They call me Mr. Carter, I kissed the daughter
Of the dead's forehead. I killed the father
Spilled the heart of a mildew hater, I will
Put they body on chill like gla-ciers
Going against me is atheist
I got my angels on my shoulders and a quarter of that angel dust
I ain't sniffing, I'm just pitching, your honor, I ain't snitching, your honor
Hate "bitch niggas": bitches with power
Vacate when the kitchen get hotter
I just sit on the counter, open the cabinet, close the cupboard
Put that jar in the skillet, drop a 4 in the bubbles
I remember being young, trying to hustle my dope
Trying to tell the old junkies that my crack ain't soap
Trying to tell you 'fore you jump that my Mack ain't broke
You ain't trying to see how far that black backlane go
No! Call me Pac-Man, your ghosts is blue
I got my red river rubies and my ocean blue
Jewelry, usually I'm a hooligan for the money
Yeah I'm eating but I got a tapeworm in my tummy oh
Make harm and I bomb you in public
Hit you with the straight arm, no warning, nothing
Look, it's morning no yawning or nothing
I ain't sleep and I'm up trying to take a nigga lunch
You gonna make a nigga break a nigga fronts
Then shake a nigga shorts and we takin' what we want
I'm so 5-0-4 you got to kill me here
If you ever looking for me, bitch, I will be here
Cash Money is an army, Navy Seal me here
Lot of niggas ran for me but I'll still be here
No chrome on the Continental, I'm so fundamental
Crack the Phil, crack the roof and roll up the windows
And my hood love me, they tell me bring it home
That's why I holla Hollygrove on each and every song
You leapin' at a dog, a dog with no bark
Just a bite like an old shark
And all you rich niggas know pa:
I'm talkin' bout Stunna
He like, "keep your dough," he got your ho
When the sun shines on the king it sets on the prince
I met the Birdman and I been shining ever since

- - -

Probably Fly In.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weezy F Baby and the F is for a bunch of shit
Red drank, blue pill, white dust, yes I love my country biiiiitch

Weezy's best line right there. Go Hard had the best collection of remix verses in a hot minute, pretty much only second to the One Blood 25 Rapper Remix, which is probably too long for people to tolerate but pretty much everyone brought hot fiya on that joint.

I don't get people that like Wolf, it avoids the highest highs and lowest lows of Goblin in favor of a middling sterilized sound almost completely devoid of the punk like attitude that made tracks like Sandwiches and Yonkers so compelling.

Edit: Yes I'm still in action.

Its a more consistent album than Goblin. I also think Tyler has stepped his production game up with this album.
With Wolf I can listen to it from front to back without nary a track I want to skip, not the same with Goblin.
I also think his whole "horrorcore" (for lack of a better word) shtick was getting tired, and I'm glad he's toned it down for this album. He's still fuck the world and I do what I want, but without so many references to rape and killing babies or whatever. Not that I had a problem with it in the first place, but like I said, shit was getting tired.
Wolf shows his growth as an rapper and a producer. His songwriting has gotten much better.

I'm trying to decide currently if I like this better than Bastard. As it stands right now Bastard is still #1. That album fucking blew me away when I first heard it. Shit was so fresh and new and different at the time.

Edit: I'm also a sucker for Pharrel, hes one of my favorite producers of all time, and Tyler is really showing his Pharrell influence on Wolf.

HiResDes

I feel like my stance is unfounded many times, but I feel like Wolf is somehow objectively mediocre in so many ways. I really hope it doesn't become this year's MBDTF, which was a much better album even.

I feel like my stance is unfounded many times, but I feel like Wolf is somehow objectively mediocre in so many ways. I really hope it doesn't become this year's MBDTF, which was a much better album even.

C'mon son, lets not even do this. Even saying that dude's album names is conjure up some shit.

DominoKid

i dont think you have to worry about that. Wolf is gonna be a nice album in a sea of nice albums. MBDTF was the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom