• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
aw shit, just heard dat ace mashup- using NCITW beat pretty much assured I was gonna love it, you did a goodass job synching up the tracks.
The mellowness of both songs are perfect for each other

Blackace

I cannot at all wait to hear that Gangnam style remix in the club. Fuck that thing GOES.

Also, Fuckin Problems gets played way too much in the club, but the floor goes wild, so I see why, but fuck.
It's going get burn from me for sure

Blackace

Agreed- but it would have been real easy to just throw 2 chainz over the original beat or some barely modified version. This is something completely new
To be honest don't think he could handle the original beat

iavi

Yeah, 2chainz is married to that certain style of beat. Kind of one note about that.

[Click Covers]

Jazzy Trap beat tape with a feature from JMSN that's pretty damn smooth

Beat tape with an excellent taste in smooth, but heavily melodic samples with some pretty detailed trap drum arrangements

Blackace

Sheeeit. I dunno if I can fuck with this haha. The No Church in the Wild beat is good, but the Nuthin but a G Thang beat is like GOAT shit.

Smooth though.

I love the beat but the song was much deeper than beat

I love the beat but the song was much deeper than beat

no doubt it also had a god-tier hook too and you somehow managed to pull that mashup off, but nuthin but a g thang beat really is GOAT for me the more I think about it.

should try the other way around and see if you can work kanye and jay on the beat....far easier said than done though obviously

edit: gangnam style remix is so late but holy shit what a banger. thank you based diplo

cacophony

young chop on the beat

A3iRvK_CcAA4Uk1.jpg

i have no idea

thabiz

Now this is going to bang.

Kid Tsunami - The Chase. Drops April.

Check the tracklisting. DAMN!

1.) AR Toxic f/ Kool Keith w/ Chuck Chilla (guitar)
2.) Bang Exclusive f/ Sean Price w/ Chuck Chilla (guitar)
3.) Get It f/ Prince Po
4.) Catch Wreck f/ O.C.
5.) Twothousand40 f/ Masta Ace
6.) On Course f/ Thirstin' Howl the 3rd & Sadat X
7.) What It Was f/ J-Live
8.) No Guarantees f/ Yesh
9.) Worldwide Connex f/ Craig G
10.) Take It Back f/ El Da Sensei
11.) Down Pat f/ Percee P
12.) Authentic f/ Bahamadia
13.) The First Letter f/ AG
14.) Art Of War f/ Kool G Rap
15.) These Are The Facts f/ KRS-One
16.) The Chase f/ Buckshot, Chubb Rock, Pharoahe Monche & Jeru The Damaja

Check the singles.

Kid Tsunami f/ Buckshot, Chubb Rock, Pharoahe Monch & Jeru The Damaja- The Chase

Kid Tsunami Feat. Sean Price -Bang Exclusive

T Dollarz

If anyone hasn't checked the new Ill Bill, and I highly recommend you do. Its streaming in full here.

The Grimy Awards

Dope album. Second half is amazing.

This, along with Czarface and the new Planet Asia are my major cosigns for February.

Gonna check out that Tokyo Tower Mixtape today that a few of y'all are so high on. Really good music keeping me happy lately! Was getting worried there for a while. Pretty much was just riding out New Jet City for the longest and then Czarface dropped and it's been great ever since.

And let me just say, Czarface is probably a 9.5/10 album for me. It's only February, but that's pretty much guaranteed a spot in my top 5 this year. Feels like HnC last year, just owning a spot in my rotation in the early months of the year. Soooooo good!

thabiz

303750_1.jpg

01 – The Tonite Show With Raekwon
02 – Culinary School (feat. Mean Doe Green)
03 – Mic Flips
04 – Rae Words Interlude
05 – Yin And Yang
06 – So Much On Your Body (feat. Sunny Valentine)
07 – Skit
08 – Double Dragon (feat. Mean Doe Green)
09 – Bigger Gun (feat. Mean Doe Green)
10 – Real Niggaz (feat. Fashawn)
11 – Holes Of Hell
12 – Outro

Tonite Show

thabiz

This, along with Czarface and the new Planet Asia are my major cosigns for February.

Gonna check out that Tokyo Tower Mixtape today that a few of y'all are so high on. Really good music keeping me happy lately! Was getting worried there for a while. Pretty much was just riding out New Jet City for the longest and then Czarface dropped and it's been great ever since.

And let me just say, Czarface is probably a 9.5/10 album for me. It's only February, but that's pretty much guaranteed a spot in my top 5 this year. Feels like HnC last year, just owning a spot in my rotation in the early months of the year. Soooooo good!

Czarface will most def be in the AOTY top 10. I think Kool Keith will be there too.

RJT

Czarface is good, but it feels like a sum of familiar songs, not a cohesive and original album. I'm afraid I'd probably put Asap ahead of it for me...

thabiz

Czarface is good, but it feels like a sum of familiar songs, not a cohesive and original album. I'm afraid I'd probably put Asap ahead of it for me...

I think it feels familiar, because they nailed that east coast 90's sound. Hazmat Rap blows my face off.

T Dollarz

Czarface will most def be in the AOTY top 10. I think Kool Keith will be there too.
Damn I downloaded this but still need to give it a proper listen.

Blasphemy!! That's why I love it, it's very cohesive. All the skits are perfect and each song flows into the next so well. A$ap's album is probably a 7.5/10 for me. Good, not great.

RJT

Don't get me wrong, Czarface is really good and will probably be in my top 10 (I would last year). However, something's missing for it to be great... More storytelling or conceptual songs, probably. Kendrick ruined me :(

Blackace

Is this ignorant shit 3? If so it's dope, I love the ending with flossin, and you let Trap back Jumpin just play out.

Yeah I made with IS3 in mind just was looking for that feedback from y'all

Trap back jumping most likely will get clipped by the DRM software on datpiff... But yeah I was grooving to it while making it

codhand

i'm not feeling that kid tsunami posse track at all, jeru sounds downright awful, the breakbeat and tempo don't even really fit for rhyming let alone having five grandpas on the mic, pharaohe is good on it, but he's a 95 bpm veteran

the sean price track is much better

T Dollarz

Don't get me wrong, Czarface is really good and will probably be in my top 10 (I would last year). However, something's missing for it to be great... More storytelling or conceptual songs, probably. Kendrick ruined me :(

Man you gotta peep them lyrics...

Also, I think another reason I might love it so much is the comic book child inside me. All the Marvel & DC comic references are awesome. My favorite hook:

King Kong so you dealing with a Rock Beast
Nothing iller, this is Godzilla unleashed!

RJT

The comics references do nothing for me, really... Maybe that's what I'm missing.

BTW, thanks for the Ill Bill recommendation. Listening to it on Spotify and I'm loving it so far.

T Dollarz

Feb would be

Czarface -amazing
Marc Marciano production is so sick. awesome remixes
Abrasions -Planet Asia bringing the heat as usual. Love it
Grimy Awards Never listened to dude before but this is fire. His speedy delivery can get tired tho.
Rawhyde Mixtape -Will listen to this today.
V -what is this?

Definitely gotta add in New Jet City as well. Definitely not up there with Spitta's best work, but still much better than Priest Andretti. Dope tape overall. 8/10. Also that Kuchibiru Network 3 beat tape that Toku posted is straight fire.

RJT

Ill Bill been ill for a long time, and he killed his feature on Solomon Grundy last year.

Yup. Non Phixion's "The Future is Now" is great (if you don't mind the conspiracy raps).

At the time of his life, a capitalist with a communist wife
Started to fight and did to cats what God did to Christ

Looked up more Troy Ave and he's an alright rapper but boy is he bland. I tried him out because he does get the occasional mention on my local radio station but eh. If there is a tier of coke rappers, he's lower than Pusha T.

precious 2: electric boogaloo
yo fam that ashy belly ain't a good look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom