• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Also- I think itd be cool if Gaf started doing like a "post a pic of your monthly pickups" type of thing. Or even just post of pic of your vinyl/cds. Cuz i think that stuff is cool

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm not even the biggest Wu fan and y'all leaving RZA out when just leaving it to "member" is catching me off guard.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

to be honest I am not the biggest Wu fan and even when it dropped I liked it but didn't love it. I respect the album and it's impact. I actually listened to it recently and felt that outside a few songs it aged not so well..

Not like Illmatic, Doggystyle, or ATLiens

I've never listened to OB4CL 2 or Apollo Kids... are they better than Czarface?

CL2 is dope; it has some spotty tracks/beats (including a horrible We Are The Champions sample iirc) but Rae brings it on most tracks. Beanie Sigel has a great verse on there, Ghost doesn't have many verses but they're all dope.

Apollo Kids is underrated IMO. Definitely has some very good tracks plus a couple ehh ones.

I like Czarface more than Apollo Kids, dunno about CL2; I'd have to give it another spin.

CRS

Ayo disguise as a landscaper with a yard trimmer
At your local ATM plantin' debit card skimmers.
He celebrate a come up with a charred dinner.
'Bout to cook these carnitas, kehd,
make sure you let the lard simmer.

Son.

Oh Well is that track.
whew.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kanye calls DJ Enuff to complain about Hottest MCs list.
Cliffnotes:
- Happy to be on list period
- Sean should've been Top 5
- Thinks Wayne is #1 rapper in the game right now, puts him up there with Jay, Em
- #7 bothers him, says they had to bring up things they didn't like to put him there, feels judging a compilation like a studio album was part of that
- Feels like he isn't being credited bar for bar
- "I said I should have Jay drop him from the team"
- "I gave Sway his first TV, and he ain't remember dat-" *hangs up*

Mannie Fresh inks 'song deal' with G.O.O.D. Music, whatever that is. Also confirms OMFGOD LP with Mos Def.

wtf @ CL2 i thought gaf hop hated that shit
No, people were cumming over eachother in here even though only 3 or 4 songs on that 20 joint album were salvageable.

Bishman

Kanye calls DJ Enuff to complain about Hottest MCs list.
Cliffnotes:
- Happy to be on list period
- Sean should've been Top 5
- Thinks Wayne is #1 rapper in the game right now, puts him up there with Jay, Em
- #7 bothers him, says they had to bring up things they didn't like to put him there, feels judging a compilation like a studio album was part of that
- Feels like he isn't being credited bar for bar
- "I said I should have Jay drop him from the team"
- "I gave Sway his first TV, and he ain't remember dat-" *hangs up*

LOL @ Kanye! His next album is going to be heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom