• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadAli

Neo Member
Well I don't really see Future as a rapper any more either if that helps so judging him by different criteria. Certainly not T-Pain Mk. 2 though.

Just can't think of a single track Drake guested on that wouldn't have been better without him.
Future makes fun music, Drake makes cloying miserable whiny shit. IMHO.

Tokubetsu

Well I don't really see Future as a rapper any more either if that helps so judging him by different criteria. Certainly not T-Pain Mk. 2 though.

Just can't think of a single track Drake guested on that wouldn't have been better without him.

2 Chainz "No Lie" feat. Drake

CRS

The Zone feat. Drake

OVOXO didn't live long.

Only reason Drake talks all that about 'bullets that fire backwards' is cause he's too scared to actually turn around and see who's right behind him, coming up quick on that ass. Dude is the scariest ninja in the game talking all this shit.

Should just keep making that good soft summer fuck music.
Are you implying Weeknd is about that life? I'm going to bed. He only creeps up on people after they've been drugged

SadAli

Neo Member
Ha ha. Ok fair enough, my dislike of Drake blinds me to his appeal on any of these (though admittedly I'd skipped a couple previously due to the artist he was guesting on).
Am happy to let my righteous indignation about appreciation of Aubrey go and will try not to mention it again.

new drake is hot. if these 2 songs are any indication, this album is gonna be dope

Seems like Drizzy is taking shots at various people such as TheWeeknd; DocMcKinney (one of Abel's producer) just tweeted this

https://twitter.com/docmckinney/status/309577589389942784

dunno why hed go after doc since illangelo seems like hes still cool with OVO. hell i just heard about the new song from his twitter. sucks we wont get any drake x weeknd songs for a while now, they made a great combo. regardless, this isnt the first time abel has burned somebody that helped him out

Drake about to drop album of the year, again.

Also, I see all your shots my way Esch.

preach to those heathens. they speak lies and their ears tell them the truth. take care was top 3 of the year.

this will be a great album, pretty sad that there will be no weeknd collabos though prolly. like wtf drake why you gotta beef.

well drake should just go full traitor and get a frank ocean collaboration on a track. it's either/or for me. miguel won't cut it.

weeknd's doing fine on his own anyways. that juicy j feature was beautiful.

IrishNinja

drizzy track aint bad, but it's hard to dig the combo of uber-cokiness with such softness. its like, i mean toku's right he'll drop another album & i'll love it, but when someone like com steps up and shits on him again ima havta cheer for him, unless its somebody who doesnt make albums i enjoy

i think the worst thing for me would be if it was say pitbull, cause he's local and im supposed to back that shit but damn

Jay-Z is ugly and is married to a woman with bad breath. He hasn't made decent music in a decade

Nas is a handsome eligible bachlor who doesn't have to worry about high tax brackets. He released a great album last year.

yo PD is my dude sometimes

RJT

1721667367-1.jpg

CULT FAVORITE - FOR MADMEN ONLY

Title says it all.

Like earlier, Des get on this.

Ill Bill meets Aesop by way of El-P on a bad day.

Fucking amazing.

Thanks for the link! The production on this is amazing.
Can't stop thinking that he's trying too hard to sound like Aesop though...

Nibel

https://twitter.com/BigGhostFASE/status/309600080703389696

HANDS OF ZEUS
‏@BigGhostFASE

Yo first off...Drake alienatin his target demographic of masculinity repressed niggas n no self esteem havin broads wit that joint

HANDS OF ZEUS
‏@BigGhostFASE

But yo if Drake keeps avoidin his lane its only a matter of time before his fans start gettin they simp anthems someplace else

HANDS OF ZEUS ‏@BigGhostFASE
“I could load every gun with bullets that fire backwards / Probably wouldnt lose a single rapper” Thats a cold line tho

HANDS OF ZEUS ‏@BigGhostFASE
I mean I listened to that Drake song 3 times to make sure I aint misheard summa that puffed out chest **** son was sayin...

:lol

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
You become the king of the road if you drive around with The Motto blasting.

Windows down and sunroof open off course

cashman

Banned
Woke up this morning and realized Hip-Hop is trash. I have moved onto Classsical and Jazz. The fucked up thing is all these rappers I looked up to when I was young are corny as hell and fake.

Basically this music means nothing to me because I can't relate to popping bottles, getting high, Eating triple stacks and fucking tons of bad bitches.

All my bitches don't love me just two women. I don't go fucking thrift shopping and I don't sell coke. My grand daddy never had the golden flask and I never fucked a bitch like sherane. I don't go clubbing all night. Nor do I want to be preached at.

Give me a bunch of hip-hop instrumentals and I'm good.

"Try to teach niggas how to be kings and all they ever want to be is soldiers"

rap song for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

hubes

well drake should just go full traitor and get a frank ocean collaboration on a track. it's either/or for me. miguel won't cut it.

weeknd's doing fine on his own anyways. that juicy j feature was beautiful.

whats wrong with miguel tho? killed it in his brief appearance on power trip and his album was pretty damn good.

HiiiLife

I was digging Miguel's new album. I liked it more than Channel Orange.

But it's House of Balloons above all.

Which is fucking strange considering I'll still take Frank and Miguel over Weeknd.

thabiz

i dont understand drakes popularity. 2 chainz, kanye, i get.

drake is the blandest, safest, most awkward "rapper" in the game today.

i guess anything can be sold these days.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
i dont understand drakes popularity. 2 chainz, kanye, i get.

drake is the blandest, safest, most awkward "rapper" in the game today.

i guess anything can be sold these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RubBzkZzpUA

The music makes me feel incredible. When i listen to Started From The Bottom i almost feel like drake, for a short period of time i feel like I'm worth 20 million dollars.

mooooose

Drake's new sound is weird. The beats sound so awkward and offbeat and menacing. And somehow, Drake of all people, is killing the beats. That new song is literally the hardest he's ever spit, and the best. He is a really shitty rapper but for a minute, I forgot that.

Drake will eventually be irrelevant though. I agree with PD. But for now, the world is his.

Nibel

Drake's new sound is weird. The beats sound so awkward and offbeat and menacing. And somehow, Drake of all people, is killing the beats. That new song is literally the hardest he's ever spit, and the best. He is a really shitty rapper but for a minute, I forgot that.

Drake will eventually be irrelevant though. I agree with PD. But for now, the world is his.

Trying too hard man

This guy is a capable rapper, he proved this with his mixtapes - and time makes everybody irrelevant at some point.

Dude released a good track and some try to spin this - cut Young Angel some slack, at least he's still relevant after 4 years unlike Wiz, Cole or whoever

thabiz

Trying too hard man

This guy is a capable rapper, he proved this with his mixtapes - and time makes everybody irrelevant at some point.

Dude released a good track and some try to spin this - cut Young Angel some slack, at least he's still relevant after 4 years unlike Wiz, Cole or whoever

Drake will be gone in 5 years. We've seen this a million times. Artists that hit the highs super fast, always disappear.

Its pop music. this is the way it works.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
So I just hit up some restaurant near me that brought out a live cobra, cut the motherfucker's heart and gallbladder out, and drained the blood. Then I ate the still beating heart raw, ate the gallbladder raw with a shot of vodka, and drank more shots mixed with snake blood while I ate grilled cobra.
Ya'll aint about that life.

ps fuck drake. Little curly fry motherfucker with his sing songy bullshit sounding like he's recording inside a giant vagina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom