• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Man, fucking Deck made a good album. What.

I'm digging this Czarface. Yes, I know I'm behind and that nobody cares. I don't care that you don't care. Pretty much tailor made for trappend in the 90s guys. Also, it's an album that will totally would've been forgotten if it had come out in a time where the rap releases weren't dryer than Lupe's sandy vagina.

HiResDes

Also was listening to this, it's a little old but super hot:

BEAR//FACE for SSENSE

...For Madmen Only sounds a bit like a witched out version of Aesop Rock, but he never resorts to monotone speed mumbling so I can actually understand what he's saying. Truth be told I actually loved everything about Skelethon besides Aesop's incoherence, and this is like a darker more coherent version of that so I really really like it so far.

//B1G

Banned
I'm getting so overwhelmed with shit I can't even listen to ANYTHING. How do you guys have all this time? I couldn't even listen to one album in the time thabiz is posting 20 more. the fuck

thabiz

I'm getting so overwhelmed with shit I can't even listen to ANYTHING. How do you guys have all this time? I couldn't even listen to one album in the time thabiz is posting 20 more. the fuck

i consume music. i listen to music all day long. i do 5-10 albums/sets a day.

i also have the luxury of not going into the office everyday. and when i do the headphones are on.

DominoKid

Damn 5am in Toronto

1362641485_pJFzn7l.gif

stole from rapgenius

LMAO. perfect gif.

HiResDes

I just dropped coughed up 8 bucks on the Karl Cavorkian after streaming for a week, and about I'm to drop $10 on this Cult Favorite....DAMN this shit is getting expensive.

Edit: Fuck it I bought the vinyl.

Tokubetsu

Posted?

Deniro Farrar - Fears (Video)

also

Zebra Katz - Y I Do (Video)\

...About to dig into this Cult Favorite shit right now

You already know I posted that Farrar breh. Mixtape this week btw, if you didn't know.

Tune most of it out tbh. HRD probably listens to the most new stuff. I wait for a couple cosigns then I'll maybe download but even then sometimes I won't listen to it for awhile.

T Dollarz

You already know I posted that Farrar breh. Mixtape this week btw, if you didn't know.

Tune most of it out tbh. HRD probably listens to the most new stuff. I wait for a couple cosigns then I'll maybe download but even then sometimes I won't listen to it for awhile.

Respect on your avatar man, I just watched that yesterday. So much better than I expected, bad ass movie.

cdyhybrid

So I just hit up some restaurant near me that brought out a live cobra, cut the motherfucker's heart and gallbladder out, and drained the blood. Then I ate the still beating heart raw, ate the gallbladder raw with a shot of vodka, and drank more shots mixed with snake blood while I ate grilled cobra.

I am definitely not about that life.

thabiz

3913. dope.

and that new Nightwatch joint might be SOTY. DAMN! vintage timbo.

"this is what would have happened if MLK had a nightmare instead." great line.

I listen to everything at work. Then either co-sign, delete it, or hate on it just to mess around

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Drake on that clap back Ja Rule cycle...... He better drop something dope for the bitches soon.

With that said I wish a rapper like Meek had been on that beat with him to add some authenticity to all those lines about the "rap industry ain't about that life" in the songs.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I hate in game music and even when I am doing work I listen to music. Basically if my comp is on and I am near it I am listening to music.

Esch

Banned
So I just hit up some restaurant near me that brought out a live cobra, cut the motherfucker's heart and gallbladder out, and drained the blood. Then I ate the still beating heart raw, ate the gallbladder raw with a shot of vodka, and drank more shots mixed with snake blood while I ate grilled cobra.
Ya'll aint about that life.

ps fuck drake. Little curly fry motherfucker with his sing songy bullshit sounding like he's recording inside a giant vagina.
false, ive eaten snake and snake blood as well. the meat itself wasnt too bad (i had it flash fried) but the blood was meh. i just dont enjoy blood based foods at all. the mouthfeel is always weird as shit.

Esch

Banned
and yall jump on me for eating the nice, fat ass of a sexy girl

FUCKOUTTAHERE
eating weird and terrifying shit for sustenance makes you a man. eating asshole means you're 3 steps away from trying pegging and having a hyphenated last name when you get married.

thabiz

Yep. Nightwatch is SOTY. Song of the mothafuckin year!

The panning, phazed out siren with those timbo drums. damn.

Also that MD with Mario Brothers beats is kinda cool. diggin for sure.

Cant remember who posted this but this is so good.

Ghostface - The Sure Shots Pt 1 and 2

Also Cudi is so lame

G.O.O.D. Music’s resident alternative emcee Kid Cudi is set to drop his 3rd studio album Indicud on April 23rd.
The media shy rapper/producer/director recently spoke with Billboard about what his fans can expect to hear on his latest project.
Cudi admits that he hasn’t finalized the tracklist for Indicud yet, but he did say that listeners can look forward to appearances from Too Short, RZA, and Kendrick Lamar.
He is also working with A$AP Rocky and the indie rock group Haim.
On Cudi’s debut album, Man On The Moon, he enlisted Chicago rap legend Common to chronicle the LP. This time around Cudi is using audio samples from films to provide the commentary between the songs.
“Throughout the album I wanted to include clips from some of my favorite movies to kind of narrate the album a bit and liven it up and give it some personality,” says Cudi.
Cudi also takes on a bigger role on the production side for his latest LP.
He produced the first three singles – “Just What I Am,” “King Wizard” and “Immortal” – and even revealed that he created some of the tracks in under half an hour.
“‘Just What I Am’ took me all of 10 minutes to make. ‘Immortal’ maybe took 30 minutes. It’s not hard for me,” says Cudi.
What you should not expect from the Cleveland native is a traditional album roll out.
Cudi says his business model is to focus on the art and let the music speak for itself. He’s not paying much attention to getting played on the radio or doing a ton of interviews.
“I feel like the traditional way of doing things in the business is for dinosaurs. I’m not for that,” says Cudi. “I think motherfuckers get so caught up in that shit they forget about the artistry. And that’s why people’s music sucks.”

According to Cudi, the music on Indicud will be the truest reflection of who he is an artist.
“Indicud is almost what my first album should have sounded like, had I really been able to channel all of the ideas I had into music,” says Cudi. “That’s the beauty of this album. The ideas are coming straight from me and me only.”
Indicud is scheduled for release on April 28th through G.O.O.D. Music/Universal.

He only bout that real artisitic hip hop

I think to truly enjoy Cudi, you just have to ignore whatever the fuck he says (and his WZRD album) and just listen to the music. I'm close to unfollowing him on twitter because of him retweeting the silliest shit that his fans say like, "oh no one's on Cudi's level. Dude has transcended this shit" etc.

But as for Indicud, I've liked everything I heard so here's hoping for a great album.

Also I am mad that pegging is a word now. Telling somebody to go get pegged doesn't sound that bad until you explain it and then you look bad for knowing what the fuck it means....
hahaha

Cudi is falling into the lane of rappers who got to comfortable with the label doing everything for him. They honestly probably don't give a shit lol. Wzrd sold what? More than 100k with no marketing behind it, plus it was different than what you expect from a Cudi release. So yeah, labels probably expecting better sales than that while giving little push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom